China may loan Thailand another panda once cause of Lin Hui’s death confirmed

snoop1130

Lin-Hui-panda-_-Facebook_สวนสัตว์เชียงใหม่-Chiang-Mai-Zoo-1536x1022.jpg

PHOTO: Facebook_สวนสัตว์เชียงใหม่ Chiang Mai Zoo

Does China have a spare panda?

The Chinese consulate in Chiang Mai says China might send another giant panda to Thailand, once they’ve confirmed the cause of death of a panda loaned to the kingdom in 2003. Lin Hui died at Chiang Mai Zoo on April 19, at the age of 21. Giant pandas normally live to between 15 and 20 years old in the wild, but can live to around 30 years in captivity.

On Wednesday, the seventh day after Lin Hui’s death, the zoo held a merit-making ceremony to say goodbye to the zoos most popular guest, the giant panda. Nation Thailand reports that around 20 monks presided over the ceremony, which was attended by Chinese Consul General Wu Zhiwu, the governor of Chiang Mai, Weerapong Ritrod, and Chiang Mai Zoo director, Wuthichai Muangman.

Following the ceremony, Wu confirmed that China is happy with the level of care Lin Hui received at the zoo and that an autopsy will be carried out to determine the cause of her death. He did not rule out the possibility of Thailand being given another giant panda.

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/china-may-loan-thailand-another-panda-once-cause-of-lin-huis-death-confirmed/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-04-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Following the ceremony, Wu confirmed that China is happy with the level of care Lin Hui received at the zoo and that an autopsy will be carried out to determine the cause of her death. He did not rule out the possibility of Thailand being given another giant panda.

Better to give it freedom out in the wild where it belongs, not as a local or domestic tourist attraction sat in a cage.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Better to give it freedom out in the wild where it belongs, not as a local or domestic tourist attraction sat in a cage.

Exactly! I can believe all the fuss with the monks etc, but then again got to crawl to the masters.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Tourists were not allowed to touch the pandas or feed the pandas 

I know that... you need to be able to spot a joke now and again. There, I put a laughing face in there. 

I went to see the Panda in CM once, and it was in it's lair and could not be seen. I asked, and was told 'It's sleeping'.... I did suggest waking it up as I had come a long way to see him. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Tourists were not allowed to touch the pandas or feed the pandas 

Search on the internet and you should find at least one video of a panda trying to rip the arm off off some smuck who stuck his arm in the Panda's cage.  Look up "panda attacks man at zoo," and I'll add a note of discretion as it is graphic. 

These are "Bears" and they do Bear-like things - like maul humans.  The are not "Cute and Cuddly" which is an inaccurate and extremely dangerous anthropomorphism.

Edited by connda

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Search on the internet and you should find at least one video of a panda trying to rip the arm off off some smuck who stuck his arm in the Panda's cage.  Look up "panda attacks man at zoo," and I'll add a note of discretion as it is graphic. 

These are "Bears" and they do Bear-like things - like maul humans.  The are not "Cute and Cuddly" which is an inaccurate and extremely dangerous anthropomorphism.

We are talking about the Pandas in Chiang Mai zoo , rather than every panda in the World in a zoo .

You wasn't allowed to feed or even touch the pandas in Chiang Mai zoo , contrary to the allegation/joke above claiming otherwise 

• Confused 1