COD scams continue please beware.

The Fugitive

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Lazada "staff" can see bank details once you send them. If you are a trusting fellow, that's up to you, but I rarely use my bank details for anything.....????

C.O.D, noooo ploblem.....:intheclub:

Trust with what exactly? They can't just take money because they know a bank account number. And the "no problem" is evidently countered by this very thread (and all the others).

I've never given Lazada my "bank details" and I've never paid COD. What exactly is the issue?

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

Trust with what exactly? They can't just take money because they know a bank account number. And the "no problem" is evidently countered by this very thread (and all the others).

I've never given Lazada my "bank details" and I've never paid COD. What exactly is the issue?

It seems you are the one with an issue, mon amie................????

Chill out..................:intheclub:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Sounds you've been scammed, but not by COD. Hint...look a little closer to ????????

It's possible of course! Mrs opens the product she HAD ordered, sees that it's rubbish and claims she didn't order it.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2023 at 1:19 PM, JBChiangRai said:

Actually it doesn’t. Where the seller is a scammer you can still be scammed and a respectable company (ie Lazada or Shopee) are not holding your money.

Your going to extremes here so yes a seller can scam you but that wasn't the point I was offering or the OP issue

If multiple family members buy and ship cod to the shop there's no way of knowing real orders coming cod  from pure fake.

The other issue has no way around it if a seller sends you something  different than you ordered and paid for. 

On 4/29/2023 at 12:22 PM, transam said:

All my hundred's of stuff has been COD, never a problem because I/we KNOW what is coming, and is checked.

So tell me, why I should not use COD and give them bank account details instead....:ohmy:

A legal record of payment?  Easy return of purchase price.  Not being dependent on having exact change (or driver having).  Knowing any COD request is a scam.  

That said some prefer the COD route and that can be fine for them.  One suit does not fit all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not chancing COD again after a seller attempted the COD scam on me, which was easy to catch in this instance as I had already paid with a cc.

Credit Card gives me miles/cash back, extended warranty... basically any issue with the product or order from scam sellers, lost in delivery, dead on arrival, damaged in shipping, website being difficult with refund, etc., I have no worries. Life in the land of scams and poor customer service is so much more pleasant when you don't have to give much thought to these sorts of things thanks to benefits of having a first world payment method.

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:10 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"If the person does not tell you", not "unless"!  Big difference.

That's correct and is what I meant. I missed that error trying to fix the spell correction that always happens on AN. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

That's correct and is what I meant. I missed that error trying to fix the spell correction that always happens on AN. 

It wasn't you then..................????...................????

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, transam said:

............and hope the box holds the right thing..........????

With COD? Yea you better check before you accept the package. If paying by card you just get a refund or do a chargeback after opening it inside your home when you got time instead of outside with the delivery guy waiting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

With COD? Yea you better check before you accept the package. If paying by card you just get a refund or do a chargeback after opening it inside your home when you got time instead of outside with the delivery guy waiting.

Sunbeam, I have been buying stuff on Lazada & Shopee C.O.D for years, so I don't think I need you telling me how to navigate my purchases, eh..........????.......................????

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

Sunbeam, I have been buying stuff on Lazada & Shopee C.O.D for years, so I don't think I need you telling me how to navigate my purchases, eh..........????.......................????

You are the one advocating for COD on a COD scam thread sunny ????

Just trying to tell the interested readers about advantages and disadvantages and clarify a few misconceptions that might be flowing around. I don't think I'll convert you in your ways though there's hope for everyone ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

You are the one advocating for COD on a COD scam thread sunny ????

Just trying to tell the interested readers about advantages and disadvantages and clarify a few misconceptions that might be flowing around. I don't think I'll convert you in your ways though there's hope for everyone ????

I think I have with my zillion posts, mon amie..............:stoner:

But unfortunately, there are a couple, including yourself, who are trying to say I am daft paying C.O.D, when I haven't had any financial problems....:crazy:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, transam said:

It wasn't you then..................????...................????

No it was me. I was fixing other spell correction changes and didn't notice I wrote it backward or would have fixed that too

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I've never had a carrier allow a COD to be opened first. 

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

No it was me. I was fixing other spell correction changes and didn't notice I wrote it backward or would have fixed that too

You need to install LT Language tool add-on. Does spelling and grammar...????

Just now, transam said:

It won't slow your PC down, and it will point out all your mistakes.....????

Again nope. There are too many add ons for various software that shouldn't be needed to start with. I have enough already and if a few errors here or there get thru I can own up to them    they may generate some humor too 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, eisfeld said:

Because refunds are more hassle? Because you have to ensure you check the contents of the package *before* accepting it from the delivery guy? Because you have no way to force a chargeback to get money back if seller is uncooperative? Because you have to have an appropriate amount of cash on hand? These and other reasons have been re-iterated time and time again. Same as we are seeing the COD scam threads time and time again. And in those very threads we also time and time again see people spouting how great COD is and they'd never use something else.

1   I have never needed a refund.

2   When I roder COD I get the money and put it in a plastic bag by my pc. That way if my wife or son pay the money is always there.

3   I always track my order and I know what I have ordered and what I am expecting.

4   COD works very well for me and, it seems for other posters on this thread.

5  If it works without a problem then keep on. If you get one problem in a year it is norma;;y no big deal. More that that is not a COD problem but an ordering problem.

6   I mostly use the same suppliers every time and I can talk with them online using Lazada messages.

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm protected.

I've had a couple of issues over the many years ordering from Lazada, one being a few years back I bought a couple of Condominiums so I had to buy (using my credit card) 2 identical refrigerators (size restrictions), I received the 2 refrigerators but 1 was the item I ordered and the other was different make and size (it was bigger).

I didn't get any results from the vendor so I went to my bank (Kasikorn), after filling out a few forms and a few weeks later my money was in my account.

I still have the refrigerator that I didn't want, no one came to pick up, it's out the back, my beer fridge.

You guys paying COD are doing it all WRONG 

Really? 

I have never ordered any refrigerator online let alone 2 identical ones. Nor would I pay COD for them.

I would go to the shop and buy them there and they will deliver them as well.