COD scams continue please beware.

The Fugitive

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Yet what? Explain

????.........................Stuff left on the gate, not stolen.....YET..............????

If it is stolen from your gate, what will you do, after all, the drivers take a photo of the delivery, you're not home, photo of your gate receiving it....

You lose, me, pay COD, not home, no pay, no delivery....Get the next day...

????......................:intheclub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, transam said:

????.........................Stuff left on the gate, not stolen.....YET..............????

If it is stolen from your gate, what will you do, after all, the drivers take a photo of the delivery, you're not home, photo of your gate receiving it....

You lose, me, pay COD, not home, no pay, no delivery....Get the next day...

????......................:intheclub:

I dont know where you live but I live in a secure gated village community with full time security and cctv all over the place. People do it all the the time. Sometimes parcels left for a couple of days. Never an issue. The drivers only take a photo of the package on delivery never of the receiver. What works for one doesnt work for others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jimn said:

I dont know where you live but I live in a secure gated village community with full time security and cctv all over the place. People do it all the the time. Sometimes parcels left for a couple of days. Never an issue. The drivers only take a photo of the package on delivery never of the receiver. What works for one doesnt work for others.

There was an item a little while ago about an Australian guy and his wife who lived in an exclusive gated community. They went away for the weekend. Upon return their house had been cleared out. Keys to their SUV were inside the house so the vehicle was taken too. Security guard vanished. Went to police who requested a couple of thousand dollars to commence investigations. The guy told them where to stick it and went back to Australia. I suppose the moral of the story is watch out for 'inside jobs'.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, jimn said:

I don't live in an estate with loads of others, our house is on its own piece of land overlooking a lake with no adjacent neighbours.

C.O.D. is no problem for us, the three delivery companies all know us and our house......:intheclub:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

There was an item a little while ago about an Australian guy and his wife who lived in an exclusive gated community. They went away for the weekend. Upon return their house had been cleared out. Keys to their SUV were inside the house so the vehicle was taken too.  The guy told them where to stick it and went back to Australia. I suppose the moral of the story is watch out for 'inside jobs'.

Happens in every country. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Happens in every country. 

Actually we were in a gated communities in Bangkok back in 1975 - and crime was higher in our community than elsewhere.  Residents decided safer to get rid of gate and guards and crime decreased.  And this is not uncommon - those living in such areas are expected to have wealth and often treat low paid guards with less than respect - and reap the rewards.

• Thanks 1