COD scams continue please beware.

The Fugitive

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

1   I have never needed a refund.

2   When I roder COD I get the money and put it in a plastic bag by my pc. That way if my wife or son pay the money is always there.

3   I always track my order and I know what I have ordered and what I am expecting.

4   COD works very well for me and, it seems for other posters on this thread.

5  If it works without a problem then keep on. If you get one problem in a year it is norma;;y no big deal. More that that is not a COD problem but an ordering problem.

6   I mostly use the same suppliers every time and I can talk with them online using Lazada messages.

I dont doubt COD works just fine for some. And if you never needed a refund then either you have done a good job filtering sellers or got a bit lucky. Not everyone is so diligent and careful while online shopping. Evidently COD opens some up for fraud, not sure how "but I never had an issue!" is going to counter that. Putting the cash inside a plastic bag somewhere is fine but then again... why not just pay with card or better yet online banking and forget about all that? Haven't seen a good argument in this thread yet.

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Really? 

I have never ordered any refrigerator online let alone 2 identical ones. Nor would I pay COD for them.

I would go to the shop and buy them there and they will deliver them as well. 

I've bought washing machines, refrigerators, microwaves, piano/organ so many household items, never paying COD, always protected paying for larger more expensive items with my Kasikorn credit card. 

All items delivered to my house. 

• Like 1

Why pay cash when it has not been delivered ?

When we did pay with bank card before the delivery driver would just leave parcels next to the gate.

COD means you will get the parcel safely and not just dumped outside.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I dont doubt COD works just fine for some. And if you never needed a refund then either you have done a good job filtering sellers or got a bit lucky. Not everyone is so diligent and careful while online shopping. Evidently COD opens some up for fraud, not sure how "but I never had an issue!" is going to counter that. Putting the cash inside a plastic bag somewhere is fine but then again... why not just pay with card or better yet online banking and forget about all that? Haven't seen a good argument in this thread yet.

Never had to filter sellers using COD 

Why would you need to be lucky as soon as you click refund or return no matter who the seller is you will get a refund if the seller doesn't respond in time.

If you are not at home they will deliver later or the next day.

If I have paid it gets left outside so for me COD is far better

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/29/2023 at 11:41 AM, The Fugitive said:

Good point! That's my worry! Usually, (but not always) the name on the parcel is written in Thai and I can't read it. That was the case today. However, her mobile telephone number appeared on the address label. As we know, and fortunately for us, Thai's often write their numerics in Latin!

If it's in Thai... the Google Translate app can be used to read it... welcome to the 21st century

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Never had to filter sellers using COD 

Why would you need to be lucky as soon as you click refund or return no matter who the seller is you will get a refund if the seller doesn't respond in time.

If you are not at home they will deliver later or the next day.

If I have paid it gets left outside so for me COD is far better

COD scams can mean money goes right to seller/scammer and not Lazada. You wont see a refund anytime soon in those cases. I pay by card and every delivery guy calls before and asks if I'm home. I can then tell him to leave it at the gate or come another time - same as COD.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Why pay cash when it has not been delivered ?

When we did pay with bank card before the delivery driver would just leave parcels next to the gate.

COD means you will get the parcel safely and not just dumped outside.

You get a " box delivered" but can't open it until after you pay the carrier. At least I've never had a carrier allow you to open and inspect the contents without paying first and then it's yours Nad he wo t take it back

You are then stuck with it as you can't refuse it after opening it.

Many have no problem with cod deliveries  but scams using it do exist so at least be aware when something  has been ordered I always pay with a cc so you have recourse thru them if it's a scam

• Love It 1

27 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

COD scams can mean money goes right to seller/scammer and not Lazada. You wont see a refund anytime soon in those cases. I pay by card and every delivery guy calls before and asks if I'm home. I can then tell him to leave it at the gate or come another time - same as COD.

How would that be possible ?

Saying that I know how much I am going to be paying so not going to pay for something not ordered!

Had paid before by card and had a message saying delivered so not wanting to use a card  again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan O said:

You get a " box delivered" but can't open it until after you pay the carrier. At least I've never had a carrier allow you to open and inspect the contents without paying first and then it's yours Nad he wo t take it back

You are then stuck with it as you can't refuse it after opening it.

Many have no problem with cod deliveries  but scams using it do exist so at least be aware when something  has been ordered I always pay with a cc so you have recourse thru them if it's a scam

A box delivered would still be easy to get a refund as long as the box came from Lazada .

If its not from Lazada why would you pay especially if not ordered?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

If it's in Thai... the Google Translate app can be used to read it... welcome to the 21st century

That wasn't the problem (scam). I can tell the package is for us from the address and mobile telephone number. Item was accepted and paid for by a Thai. However, it hadn't been ordered.

23 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

A box delivered would still be easy to get a refund as long as the box came from Lazada .

Some of us don't know what their family members are ordering.

Here's a new twist - to me at least.

A few days ago I ordered an item from Lazada - only something cheap.  On this occasion, I had to pay by debit card as COD was not available.

The tracking status still says 'seller to pack', even though we are now past the last scheduled delivery date.

The seller sent me a message that makes no sense to me at all:  'Please DO NOT transfer money offline.'  No idea what this means.  Order was confirmed and the sum has been removed from my bank account as is the usual way when paying by debit card.

The seller is now not responding to chat!

I seem to still have the option of cancelling the order - but not sure how i would get the refund.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Boy gotta cross's all the t's and dot the i's for some. 

One of the biggest scams going is shipping a box of junk or nothing you've order COD and the seller isn't registered properly with lazada or shopee. You can print any shipper name on a package to fool peoole. You can't get a refund then as it wasn't actually ordered thru lazada or shoppee.

As for why would you pay that's one of the issue in the OP, getting stuff delivered as COD and not knowinv if it's a real order or for who. 

That's why I made the suggestions I did 

12 minutes ago, doctormann said:

Edited by Dan O
Try to remove extra person quote
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dan O said:

Your going to extremes here so yes a seller can scam you but that wasn't the point I was offering or the OP issue

If multiple family members buy and ship cod to the shop there's no way of knowing real orders coming cod  from pure fake.

The other issue has no way around it if a seller sends you something  different than you ordered and paid for. 

The biggest scam at the moment is you order from Lazada COD, it arrives and you sign for it only to find it is worthless.  Lazada say you didn't buy it through the Lazada platform, you think you did, but actually you didn't because the seller canceled the order or never marked it as shipped and Lazada canceled the sale.  You sign for a piece of junk sent by the shipper directly to you in faux Lazada packing.

Yes you can check the order status before you sign for it, but how many of us do that?  And why should you need to? Just don't use COD and have Lazada hold your money giving you time to complain.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The biggest scam at the moment is you order from Lazada COD, it arrives and you sign for it only to find it is worthless.

It's been happening for years. 

It's not just COD, I always pay up front, recently I ordered an electric kettle and received a small pack of washing powder. 

No big deal, I contacted lazada and they nicely refunded my money. 

Still got the washing powder 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Boy gotta cross's all the t's and dot the i's for some. 

One of the biggest scams going is shipping a box of junk or nothing you've order COD and the seller isn't registered properly with lazada or shopee. You can print any shipper name on a package to fool peoole. You can't get a refund then as it wasn't actually ordered thru lazada or shoppee.

As for why would you pay that's one of the issue in the OP, getting stuff delivered as COD and not knowinv if it's a real order or for who. 

That's why I made the suggestions I did 

Do you not get a notification that your parcel will arrive in the next hour?

I see if lot's of family members are ordering this could happen but for me I would know what's arriving and be called by the delivery driver 5 minutes before so COD is still my choice.

On 4/29/2023 at 11:58 AM, Lemsta69 said:

Use Google Lens to translate the writing. You don't even need to take a photo, there's a way to do a 'live' translation whilst hovering your phone over the label.

<deleted>...I've used google translate for ever and only just learned that from you. Thanks so much...one never stops learning..smh

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Do you not get a notification that your parcel will arrive in the next hour?

I see if lot's of family members are ordering this could happen but for me I would know what's arriving and be called by the delivery driver 5 minutes before so COD is still my choice.

Do whatever you want you that works for you.

You seem to have missed the OP and issues that he raised about scammers.

You also seem to not understand there are scammers that ship unordered items or junk COD. You have to pay the carrier first before you can even open the box. Then your stuck with it

I can't help explain this any better so no need to respond anymore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

The biggest scam at the moment is you order from Lazada COD, it arrives and you sign for it only to find it is worthless.  Lazada say you didn't buy it through the Lazada platform, you think you did, but actually you didn't because the seller canceled the order or never marked it as shipped and Lazada canceled the sale.  You sign for a piece of junk sent by the shipper directly to you in faux Lazada packing.

Yes you can check the order status before you sign for it, but how many of us do that?  And why should you need to? Just don't use COD and have Lazada hold your money giving you time to complain.

I believe I pointed that out a couple times already so yes it can and does happen.  That wasn't really the OP issue which is what I was responding to or trying to reply about

47 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Do whatever you want you that works for you.

You seem to have missed the OP and issues that he raised about scammers.

You also seem to not understand there are scammers that ship unordered items or junk COD. You have to pay the carrier first before you can even open the box. Then your stuck with it

I can't help explain this any better so no need to respond anymore

No need to try to explain I can see you are having problems .

Thanks so much for letting me choose my method of payment .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, eisfeld said:

That is because there is no argument unless it is of your making.

People choose what suits them and not what others seem to think that they should choose. 

If they prefer COD or a card, it is THEIR choice, and what they are happiest with. Nobody else's decision matters.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, connda said:

I have a white board in the living room where both myself and my wife write COD purchases that we have made

OMG, imagine the free time you and your wife would have if you paid in advance, no COD. 

More together time ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, spongeworthy said:

I just need to get this straight...

You won't use a credit card/debit card with a company such as Lazada or Shoppe for some fear that they will do something nefarious with it, but you're perfectly fine with installing 3rd party browser add-ons which have unfettered access every webpage you load, track all of this data along with everything you do online in your browser, inject cookies into your traffic, etc.

:crazy:

I have a huge amount of safety stuff installed on my PC, please don't worry about my PC.....????

But, my bank stuff is not used on my PC, I use my Apple phone, if needed ......????

41 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

No need to try to explain I can see you are having problems .

Thanks so much for letting me choose my method of payment .

I have no problems and understood the OP perfectly.   

No need to thank me for the choices you make in life, those are on you    have a great day 

22 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I have no problems and understood the OP perfectly.   

No need to thank me for the choices you make in life, those are on you    have a great day

It appears from your ramblings you seem to be having problems but thanks again .

Also you have a great day take care