Netflix

DrJack54

15 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

signed up myself and (or so)  it was all in english but try this  ( No guarantees though)  but  it worked for me ...

Just snip small part of your post.

Will have careful read tomorrow.

So comprehensive I appreciate a lot

10 hours ago, digbeth said:

the most 'in person' way to get netflix is probably to buy a card from 7-11, but then you have to put the code from the card into netflix online somehow, only for people not wanting to deal with credit cards

That's what i do. I buy a 500 baht card from 7/11 which gives 3 months viewing on Netflix using the basic 160 baht a month programme. I used a credit card in the past but had a problem with stopping Netflix charging my card after i cancelled.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
10 hours ago, MJCM said:

Question,

do you have to login via for example a webbrowser to be able to use the Condo Wifi. That was the case in our condo. 

Yes. 

I need to connect every time I reenter condo or every morning.

Unlike bars etc where I visit and auto connect as have been there previously. 

Yes that is your problem right there, your TV doesn't know seem to be able handle the login via WIFI because it's that userid and pwd combination that will give you access to the Wifi.

We had the same in our Condo, but our Condo Management was nice enough to give us 2 logins so the both of us could login to the Wifi. But in the end I just had (after talks with Condo Management) 3BB install (back then) ADSL so we could connect up many more devices, maybe that is an option?

15 minutes ago, MJCM said:

We had the same in our Condo, but our Condo Management was nice enough to give us 2 logins so the both of us could login to the Wifi.

Thanks for suggestion.

Prefer not to trouble the building management.

As mentioned earlier I can purchase from 7/11 a basic package.

The gf purchased a "True wallet" whatever that is and it connects however it's all in Thai and doesn't have a settings function.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for suggestion.

Prefer not to trouble the building management.

As mentioned earlier I can purchase from 7/11 a basic package.

The gf purchased a "True wallet" whatever that is and it connects however it's all in Thai and doesn't have a settings function.

A "True Wallet" is a money /payment system to use on your phone to transfer money. ITS FREE.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My Wife has True Money on her Phone and when she comes back today I will show you how to change it in English.

If you just want Netflix as already said, just buy the Scratchcards in 7/11 so you are not "stuck" with a subscription.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for post.

I'm not fussed about using cell as hotspot.

It's more asking about if Netflix is best option and do you just subscribe online etc

Just get a VPN like I did and there's heaps of movie sites online to check from.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are aware of the saying ..

"Ignorance is bliss" 

I live a very blissful life! 

Some very helpful posts above.

I just now did a Netflix search and article that Yes they have stopped account sharing.

However they have reduced membership cost.

From something like 269 to 169b .

Obviously that would be basic package. 

Well, I wish I could honestly say my own ignorance is in any way 'blissful'.....but I know what you mean!

Btw....I could probably find the answer to this in this thread, but maybe easier to ask you...... - the 169 baht package (or any priced package) for membership: is that monthly? Or by the number of hours you watch Netflix? 

(Just thought you might know. Never mind if you don't. ????????)

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

That's what i do. I buy a 500 baht card from 7/11 which gives 3 months viewing on Netflix using the basic 160 baht a month programme. I used a credit card in the past but had a problem with stopping Netflix charging my card after i cancelled.

Sorry, Henry...but may I ask how it works? I want to do what you do but not sure about the process.

So the 160 baht programme is what exactly? In relation to the 500 baht card you mentioned. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

The 160 baht is an initial membership fee? Or the price of the subscription you opt for, which determines the variety of movies you can access?

And the 500 baht card determines the length of time (ie, 3 months) you can open Netflix and watch the content?

And how do you pay the 160 baht? Online? I don't have a credit card. 

Any help would be welcomed! ????????????

7 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Sorry, Henry...but may I ask how it works? I want to do what you do but not sure about the process.

So the 160 baht programme is what exactly? In relation to the 500 baht card you mentioned. 

The 160 baht is an initial membership fee? Or the price of the subscription you opt for, which determines the variety of movies you can access?

And the 500 baht card determines the length of time (ie, 3 months) you can open Netflix and watch the content?

169 baht x 3 equals 507 baht ☺️

36 minutes ago, Toolong said:

Well, I wish I could honestly say my own ignorance is in any way 'blissful'.....but I know what you mean!

Btw....I could probably find the answer to this in this thread, but maybe easier to ask you...... - the 169 baht package (or any priced package) for membership: is that monthly? Or by the number of hours you watch Netflix? 

The answer is in the graphic posted by bamnutsak, before you even asked your question. 

41 minutes ago, Toolong said:

https://www.netflix.com/gift-cards

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Trust me I have tried.

The building has a wifi set up that for example it only allows one connection.

My partner has her own phone plane. Data etc.

I do not.

We cannot sit in room both connected to condo wifi. 

Why wouldn't you just pay for your own internet and Netflix? <deleted>.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

He pays for condo WiFi… and doesn’t know about True Money…

How does that answered my question? Why would anybody pay for shared wifi that is limited to a single connection?

As for true money, what does that have to do with anything?

8 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Why wouldn't you just pay for your own internet and Netflix? <deleted>.

I do pay for internet. It's included in my monthly rent.

I was asking options to buy Netflix.

Some folk in the thread have pointed out one simple option is cards from 7/11.

Also for all knew there my have been other options such as True etc.

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

How does that answered my question? Why would anybody pay for shared wifi that is limited to a single connection?

As for true money, what does that have to do with anything?

Your posts are not helpful. P.O

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Toolong said:

Just go into any 7/11 and ask to buy a 500 baht Netflix card, pay in cash. Then you need to go onto Netflix's website and enrol as a member. You can get different options to buy certain levels of membership. 169 baht a month is the lowest level but gives you 720 p for one user. On the card uncover the code and enter that into the payment page of the Netflix app. So that buys you 3 months of Netflix viewing. No need for a credit card. After 3 months just do the same again.

Edit - i just saw they do a 99 baht a month option just for using on a phone or tablet.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

On the card uncover the code and enter that into the payment page of the Netflix app. So that buys you just over 3 months of Netflix viewing

Excuse dumb q.

So I have Samsung tv (new) it has the Netflix etc on the home screen.

So the code just gets entered in that. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excuse dumb q.

So the code just gets entered in that. 

I think the code has to be entered on the Netflix app. I use on my PC i have never tried to input it on the tv but maybe you can.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Just go into any 7/11 and ask to buy a 500 baht Netflix card, pay in cash. Then you need to go onto Netflix's website and enrol as a member. You can get different options to buy certain levels of membership. 169 baht a month is the lowest level but gives you 720 p for one user. On the card uncover the code and enter that into the payment page of the Netflix app. So that buys you 3 months of Netflix viewing. No need for a credit card. After 3 months just do the same again.

Edit - i just saw they do a 99 baht a month option just for using on a phone or tablet.

Marvelously helpful! I appreciate your assistance, Henry.

Thank you! ????????????

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

My Wife has True Money on her Phone and when she comes back today I will show you how to change it in English.

To keep my promise here how to change True Money to English

main.JPG.bcd89935547904c9ab9465841de5fd92.JPG

In the Main True Money Screen, click ACCOUNT

then scroll all the way down and the 4th option from below is Language as shown here

account_screen.JPG.b404c9face1124d5857a6dd099fdb530.JPG

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

I think the code has to be entered on the Netflix app. I use on my PC i have never tried to input it on the tv but maybe you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeU0_hdgWU

Personally I would (do) use the mobile app to manage my Netflix account.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is this TV on your WiFi network?

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

Is this TV on your WiFi network?

I believe it's connected to his Phone to connect to the Internet, his condo internet has one of those enter userid and password login screens to be able to connect to the Wifi / Internet.

S...ty solution, it was one of the reasons why I got my Own internet in my Condo back then (also could connect unlimited devices)

• Like 1