Prayut Chan-o-cha not keen on minority government post-election

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Prayut Chan-o-cha (Facebook)

by Mitch Connor

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha affirmed his preference for a majority government in the upcoming May 14 election, despite the constitution permitting the formation of a minority government.

In an exclusive interview, the 67 year old, who is also the United Thai Nation (UTN) Party’s chief strategist and top prime ministerial candidate, explained that the formation of the next government would rely on negotiations between parties following the election results.

The prime minister brushed off recent opinion polls that placed the UTN behind rivals like Pheu Thai, describing such polls as unreliable indicators. He expressed confidence in his party’s ability to secure a sufficient number of seats to form a government.

Addressing doubts about forming an alliance with the Palang Pracharath Party, Prayut was noncommittal, asserting that any partnership would depend on various factors. 

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/elections/prayut-chan-o-cha-not-keen-on-minority-government-post-election

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

Can't we have someone who is honest and competent instead of Prayut. It's like that Einstein-inain thing about voting for the same guy over and over and expecting a different result. Prayut has amply demonstrated that however marvellous he might be at other stuff, being PM is not his forte. Where is my happiness? He banged on with lies about returning happiness to the people, well I want to know what happened to my happiness as it didn't come back.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Can't we have someone who is honest and competent instead of Prayut. It's like that Einstein-inain thing about voting for the same guy over and over and expecting a different result. Prayut has amply demonstrated that however marvellous he might be at other stuff, being PM is not his forte. Where is my happiness? He banged on with lies about returning happiness to the people, well I want to know what happened to my happiness as it didn't come back.

I like your intent but honest and competent in Thailand?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Prayut has amply demonstrated that however marvellous he might be at other stuff, being PM is not his forte.

Well, his song writing and singing career shows great promise. No?