When to make 90 days reporting after visa extension.

Please study this photo. We see a first and short visa extension then another for one year. From when should we count to determine the day to make the first 90-day reporting. February 1 or February 23 ? First is the "under consideration stamp". Then, we have the final stamp.

THANK YOU

342097878_618516453531684_6438988940471896653_n (1).jpg

22 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

The 90 day report is about days in Thailand it is not connect to the date on your non O or AO or B visa in any way. Just count 90 days from day you arrived in Thailand or

the date of you last 90 day report.

Yes it is, see point 5 in the link below. OP is asking which date constitutes the "first application", the initial date of 1 Feb or the date the extension was approved.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer, perhaps @DrJack54or @Red Phoenixcan assist?

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yes it is, see point 5 in the link below. OP is asking which date constitutes the "first application", the initial date of 1 Feb or the date the extension was approved.

Thank you to be honest and clever.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Except for first extension from a non O 

That's the context here except it's a non-B. The OP first applied on 1st Feb and was given a 3 week under consideration period. 1st extension was approved on 23rd Feb.

OP is asking when the 90 day clock starts, 1 Feb or 23 Feb. I guess they lost the TM47 receipt of notification.

My experience suggests the later date but I'm not sure if that's universal or not and I don't want to give the OP a bum steer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Hi Lemsta69,

The point 5 in the "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days"  document states:

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Since he applied on Feb 1 the 90 day report would be due 90 days later. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Some folk thinking 90 report has nothing to do with annual extensions are correct.

That first statement is not fully correct, or rather it depends on how your local Imm Office deals with the matter. 

Some Imm Offices (like my local SiSaKet office) automatically re-new your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension.  And when doing your 90-day report on-line during the last quarter of 1-year extension, your due date will not be 90-days after application but it will be capped to the expiry date of your 1-year permission to stay. 

That is actually very handy because if you do your 90-day reports in person you would not be confronted with a situation that you would have to go twice to Immigration, when the 90-day reporting window does not coincide with your 1-year extension of stay application date.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hi Lemsta69,

The point 5 in the "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days"  document states:

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Since he applied on Feb 1 the 90 day report would be due 90 days later. 

Thank you. We'll go to CW ASAP to get the answer from the officers.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, geovalin said:

I would suggest you look at every page in your passport looking for a folded piece of white paper which is the receipt for your last 90-Day Report and notification of your next reporting date.  This paper receipt/next appointment paper is often stapled into the back pages of your passport.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Some Imm Offices (like my local SiSaKet office) automatically re-new your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension

Not interested in random immigration offices. 

Generally speaking 90 day reports are not related to extensions apart from the first extension from a non O 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Some Imm Offices (like my local SiSaKet office) automatically re-new your 90-day report when applying for the 1-year extension.   

I think that just shows the ignorance of IO's with the online system. I am sure that they think they are being helpful and, in many cases i.e. Buriram, they have always done it together.

There is a perfectly good online system that does not need an IO to do a 90 day report when doing the extension. They don't at Jomtein, for example, because different desks deal with the 2 tasks.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:
14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's the context here except it's a non-B. The OP first applied on 1st Feb and was given a 3 week under consideration period. 1st extension was approved on 23rd Feb.

Never heard of a Non-B extension having an under consideration period?

5 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

It shows the initial entry was Non-B, I just wonder if the extension for for a different reason?

The Thai script on the extension stamp is translated by Google as "business".

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, geovalin said:

That is the best bet as they should have treated your extension application as a 90 day report and put a slip with the next due date in your passport.

A couple of years ago, just like you, they didn't do the slip and I miscalculated resulting in a fine. Now I always make sure they do the slip.