Thai Lottery Pattaya - how much to pay, how to claim

Pattaya57

Ticket is 80 Baht but you will find no one is selling it for this price. 

Lucky numbers even sell for more than 100 Baht. 

Winning can be collected (in Pattaya) on South Pattaya Road, opposit of Wat Chai Mongkhon at Chinese Lottery ticket sellers. 

But beware, you have to pay commission. 

• Like 1

In Pattaya I have seen most single tickets sold for 100 baht each or 2 for 200 some are 120 baht each but I avoid those sellers. Once at Big C North Pattaya, not Central Marina but the one kinda across from Terminal 21, a lottery seller tried selling me a ticket for 6000 baht he said lucky number I laughed at him for trying to get that. Won 4000 baht once and wife took it to the one watch guy that sells tickets on Pattaya Klang down near second road got around 3900 baht and some change after he took the "taxes" out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tickets used to come in pairs but that was years ago.  Officially the price is 80 baht per ticket.  Most sell them for 100 baht though.  And sets of the same numbers will sell for more.  Like a set of 5 will cost 700 baht(or more).

The big stands that sell tickets usually will redeem them too.  They charge 2 or 3% of the winnings.  Big winners you have to take to the main office in Bangkok.  I also believe if you have an Om Sin bank account(GSB) they will cash tickets for you.

Thanks for responses, good to know paying 100 baht a ticket is correct (I ignore the "lucky number" prices)

As for collecting, the link says cash payments have stopped on 1 April?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-national-lottery-to-stop-paying-out-prizes-in-cash/

I went to the Krung Thai bank in Central (as per the article) but they said payment only for Thai.

26 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Would I be right in saying it’s only foreigners who get charged 100 baht and Thais pay 80 baht ?

I paid 100 baht for one, the vendor offered 2 for 220 baht no idea how that works out ?

no ......   Thais will be paying 100 baht for an ordinary number same as Farang will pay 100 baht ....   Lucky or Special numbers  can be 120 or more .... 

The price is on each ticket.  80 baht. The vendors who are selling for 100 are selling them illegaly at that price. And can be fined by the police if caught.  I pay 80 and the seller makes some commission from each ticket sold. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Would I be right in saying it’s only foreigners who get charged 100 baht and Thais pay 80 baht ?

No, you would not be right, in general Thais are charged the B100 (or the B220 for 2 price also).  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Problem solved, gave ticket to my Thai friend and she cashed it in for 1940 Baht (60 baht commission so 3%) She went across from the Wat mentioned in 2nd post above (another case where AN is more accurate than Google lol)

To get last 2 digits is 1 : 100 chance to win 2000 baht, first/last 3 digits 1 : 1000 chance to win 4000 baht. Sounds like pretty good odds to me with a slight chance to win 6 million ???? 

Edited by Pattaya57

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Problem solved, gave ticket to my Thai friend and she cashed it in for 1960 Baht (40 baht commission) She went across from the Wat mentioned in 2nd post above.

To get last 2 digits is 1 : 100 chance to win 2000 baht, first/last 3 digits 1 : 1000 chance to win 4000 baht. Sounds like pretty good odds to me with a slight chance to win 6 million ???? 

I have lived in Thailand a very long time during which I have won at least 100 baht every single week without fail.

PM me for my strategy.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Don't become a full time gambler.  The Thai lottery offers some of the worst odds of any lottery in the world.

https://blog.deemoney.com/thlotto/#:~:text=And the scary part is,is only 0.001% as mentioned.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I paid 100 baht for one, the vendor offered 2 for 220 baht no idea how that works out ?

Thais pay 100 baht. Vendor has to make a living.

4 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

The price is on each ticket.  80 baht. The vendors who are selling for 100 are selling them illegaly at that price. And can be fined by the police if caught.  I pay 80 and the seller makes some commission from each ticket sold. 

Never seen 80 baht. 100 baht all over Thailand.

Just now, bignok said:

So the vendor gets 20 baht. Sell 20 a day 400 baht.

You want them to work for free?

Do think they don’t get commission for selling the ticket at 80 baht in the first place, they aren’t going to walk around selling tickets for nought, must be a good earner as plenty selling them.