Concerned on blacklist

This links to my other post about my London Embassy visa application being referred to the MOFA.  I’ve started a new thread as it has now taken a different turn.

Ive heard back from the e-visa people stating that they are concerned I’m on a blacklist and have cancelled my visa application.  They have told me to contact Thai immigration directly.  I’ve email two offices in Bangkok asking if I’m on a blacklist and why, so we will see what they say.  I’ll also call them in the morning.

Has anyone had a similar response with no follow up information?  Does anyone know who to contact?  (I may have emailed the wrong place).  If I am on a blacklist, can I appeal?

Ive had visas issued in the past 10+ years ago, and have entered visa exempt 3 times in the last 10 years, no problem.

Thanks 

OP, when were you on black list. 

Given that you have entered since on visa exempt etc what's the issue.

Enter again visa exempt.

You did not disclose details you ban from Thailand in OP. Why

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NJS123 said:

If I knew I would tell you.  I have no convictions and have never overstayed.  I'm looking for help/advice at this stage, not to be called a liar!

Enter Thailand visa exempt.

You stated that you have done that in recent years.

After that you can apply for tourist visa in nearby countries.

Saigon would be my pick.

Again your OP post is strange. 

Your tourist visa was rejected .

Get over it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

It wasn't a tourist visa, it was a non O ME.  I have a Thai wife, children, friends and property/possessions in Thailand - not as easy as just 'get over it'.

I'm reluctant to travel all that way and at considerable cost when the likely hood of being denied entry seems quite high.  I'll wait and see what immigration say first.

Once I have this information, does anyone know if there is any way to appeal? 

• Like 1

*Deleted post edited out*

I'm just not prepared to take that gamble and risk being denied entry as this would be at considerable cost and inconvenience.  I plan to stay for a year anyway, so would need a non O visa at some point and they would surely do the same checks as the e-visa system did.  I think best not to risk it until I know more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJS123 said:

Has anyone had a similar response with no follow up information?  Does anyone know who to contact?  (I may have emailed the wrong place).  If I am on a blacklist, can I appeal?

Just to remind people of my initial questions and get this back on track.

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

Wasn't Non-O ME (multiple entry) discontinued by RTE London some years ago?

I'm not sure if it was, some have made that comment.  But it isn't anymore or when I applied around 10 days ago.  Proof of £10,000 was needed (and provided) and a fee of £150 (non refundable) was paid.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Wasn't Non-O ME (multiple entry) discontinued by RTE London some years ago?

There have been reports on here (and elsewhere) recently of London issuing them. 

Edited by Upnotover
link
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

There have been reports on here (and elsewhere) recently of London issuing them.

Also ME Non O based on retirement.

Not all countries provide that option.

UK does. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BritTim said:

Do you have a relatively common name that could have caused the embassy to confuse you with someone else?

This is probably a bureaucratic F up. They can be difficult to get resolved. If willing to spend a bit of money, get a good immigration lawyer in Bangkok involved on your behalf. Give them your name, date of birth and all your current and previous passport numbers. Ask them to check if you are on the blacklist, and when this occurred. Work with them to get you removed.

I worry that an attempt to fly to Thailand to enter visa exempt might result in a DNB (do not board) instruction to your airline. The ideal way to sort this out (without employing a lawyer) is to fly to a neighbouring country and try to enter visa exempt by land. If denied at the border, you are in a position to argue your case and get errors corrected. You want all your old passports so you can potentially prove a case of mistaken identity.

I wouldn't say a common name, but it's not unique.

I've contacted a couple of lawyers, one of which has got straight back saying they can help find out if I am on a blacklist, why and for how long.  Appealing it will depend on the circumstances.  I'm going to ring the Thai immigration tomorrow morning and see if they can shed any light on it first however.

The land crossing would be a preferable option, but I'll try to get to the bottom of things first.  We were planning to stay for a year, so wouldn't be traveling light.  There are also lots of planning/preparation to put in place before we leave so chancing it would be a gamble.

Thanks for your comments.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NJS123 said:

I wouldn't say a common name, but it's not unique.

I've contacted a couple of lawyers, one of which has got straight back saying they can help find out if I am on a blacklist, why and for how long.  Appealing it will depend on the circumstances.  I'm going to ring the Thai immigration tomorrow morning and see if they can shed any light on it first however.

The land crossing would be a preferable option, but I'll try to get to the bottom of things first.  We were planning to stay for a year, so wouldn't be traveling light.  There are also lots of planning/preparation to put in place before we leave so chancing it would be a gamble.

Thanks for your comments.

Immigration is closed the next 4 days due to public Holiday. You can make a call on Monday earliest.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to ring the Thai immigration tomorrow morning and see if they can shed any light on it first however.

Today and tomorrow are public holidays in Thailand. Try on Monday. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, khunJam said:

Keep us posted of the outcome. I hope everything works out for you and it's just a minor glitch.

I will do and hopefully it's some administration error.  The lack of further information provided from them is frustrating.

9 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

If you can, make a list of the entry/exit dates for all your trips to Thailand and photocopies of the relevant PP pages to assist Thai Immigration.

I can do that for some years back, but My entries to Thailand span over 25 years and have gone into half a dozen passports some of which I no longer have.  But the most recent ones I do and this must be a newer entry as I had a non-O and non-B in 2008.

7 hours ago, UWEB said:

Immigration is closed the next 4 days due to public Holiday. You can make a call on Monday earliest.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

Today and tomorrow are public holidays in Thailand. Try on Monday.

Thanks for that, I'll have to wait until Monday then.

Can anyone recommend and reliable/honest Thai lawyer to help speed things along and what cost I should be looking at.  I can then compare this with what I get quoted in due course.

Can anyone recommend and reliable/honest Thai lawyer to help speed things along and what cost I should be looking at.  I can then compare this with what I get quoted in due course.

Why would you choose this course of action which would be very problematic.

Either enter Thailand visa exempt or fly into nearby country.

One example would be Saigon where it's not an eVisa but rather personal application.

Why consult lawyer when you state that you have never overstayed. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 5

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

A good lawyer can confirm whether or not he is on the blacklist, and help to get him removed if he is. Often using a lawyer cannot help. I do not understand why you see it as problematic in this instance.

Show me ONE similar post that mirrors OP.

NO overstay.

NO criminal offense.

The OP can enter visa exempt.

If flagged at departure or upon arrival I would be amazed. 

Alternatively enter eg Saigon and apply for tv at consulate.

Most likely a balls up at eVisa end.

Recently a chap had eVisa refused UK 

Appealed and having already entered Thailand visa exempt had his appeal upheld and TV issued.

Current thread. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

A lot of poisonous vipers around on this thread.

I do hope you get it sorted out and get back over to Thailand with your family.

Thanks for your observation and well wishes.  ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

A good lawyer can confirm whether or not he is on the blacklist, and help to get him removed if he is.

I’ve been quoted around £200 to get this investigated with the the if, whys and when’s within 2 days.

I’m leaning this way, just hope it’s an honest firm.  Not sure if I can name them here but they seem to have dealt with some high profile cases.

Thanks for your post.