Register with Wise site

Have been trying to register with Wise with no luck, filled in my email plus Thai phone number was informed verification code has been sent nothing arrives, tried the phone option again nothing, tried several times and am now blocked, is there something obvious my 84 yr old brain is missing. can i not register via email?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section; if so mods can you please move?

The OP shouldn’t have any trouble, these are the guidelines Wise offers online: https://wise.com/us/blog/how-to-open-wise-account#:~:text=Register with Wise online%2C or,Google%2C Facebook or Apple account.

These type of organisations aren’t oriented towards registering by e-mail. Downloading the Wise app and registering via that would probably be the easiest way.

My admiration for Wise is long estrablished and whilst I had no particular reason to forward monies yesterday other than keeping my long standing SCB account active the transfer landed in.....7 seconds

• Confused 2

On 5/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, ArnieP said:

The OP shouldn’t have any trouble, these are the guidelines Wise offers online: https://wise.com/us/blog/how-to-open-wise-account#:~:text=Register with Wise online%2C or,Google%2C Facebook or Apple account.

These type of organisations aren’t oriented towards registering by e-mail. Downloading the Wise app and registering via that would probably be the easiest way.

Thank you, the verification number they send never arrives and neither does the SMS service tried many times now my number is blocked, tried the help desk, that then asks to login which i obviously can't do, then unhelpfully suggests registering so it goes round and round, maybe i'll look for an alternative 

On 5/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, treetops said:

Because it's of no help with the OPs problem of trying to register with Wise?

The long winter nights must utterly fly by....................................

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

Which Thai banks are best for receiving funds via wise.com?

I understand that some banks are not aligned with Wise at all & others have low limits on what they will accept.

As of yet Sid no banks are involved just the simple registering with wise! 

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

I understand that some banks are not aligned with Wise at all & others have low limits on what they will accept.

If you need to send > 50,000b then you will need an account with one of...

• Bangkok Bank Public Company

• Kasikorn Bank

• Siam Commercial Bank

https://wise.com/help/articles/2932335/guide-to-thb-transfers

OP Can you register an account in Thailand? I just remember  when I needed to move my account from Singapore to Thailand or UK I ended up moving it to the UK for some reason (Could have been that I have a lot more proof of address there as all my UK bank/credit card correspondence goes to my parents address). 

No problem using a Thai mobile number with Wise though as other's have recommended, you're much better off using the mobile app.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:15 PM, SidJames said:

I don't know about Wise but I've been sending money to Krungthai bank for years. First with Moneybookers which became Skrill and then Currency Online which switched to XE.

16 hours ago, kimamey said:

I don't know about Wise but I've been sending money to Krungthai bank for years. First with Moneybookers which became Skrill and then Currency Online which switched to XE.

Thanks i will checkout XE!

18 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Thanks i will checkout XE!

One oldie to another what are the first several digits of the number you are providing?

Should look like this as the first couple note ,no 0 at the start of your number

+669***

17 hours ago, kimamey said:

But do the transfers from those senders arrive as Foreign Transfers (FTT at Bkk Bank) if you are using the monthly transfer method for a Visa Extension?

11 minutes ago, norbra said:

One oldie to another what are the first several digits of the number you are providing?

Should look like this as the first couple note ,no 0 at the start of your number

+669***

Thanks, I tried that, said number too long or something can't remember now, after which my number got blocked, sent money now my old way from Halifax acc. £9.50 charge any amount trouble is it take 4 or 5 nail biting days to get here 

from very old newbie 

9 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Thanks, I tried that, said number too long or something can't remember now, after which my number got blocked, sent money now my old way from Halifax acc. £9.50 charge any amount trouble is it take 4 or 5 nail biting days to get here 

from very old newbie 

Actually suspect you entered Thailand as your country so the phone number should be only 10 digits (starting with 0).  I have no issues getting SMS from Wise and they often use to confirm login.  

• Like 1