Thaksin Completes Man City Buyout

george

"What's the real purpose behind this game scheduled exactly seven days prior to Thailand's elections?"

Isn't the technical term for winding up people on websites like this: "trolling"?

I think Thaksin's behaviour should be drawn to the attention of the Moderators.

(Of course, I have never had billions and billions of lolly, so I am only guessing that if I did, I would use a small percentage of it on apparently-innocent activities that were actually carefully selected to get up the noses of all who I felt that I had a score to pay off against.

However, I did once stray into politics for a few years, and before I strayed out again, I served as an elected member. One thing that I discovered was that I could get further by winding up my political opponents than by snarling at them.

I also found that it isn't wise to underestimate any of your opponents.

So, although I am not a Thaksin supporter and think that the second dose of Thaksinomics was badly wrong, I do see how he was very clever to spot how to take advantage of the new Constitution and leave his opponents standing flat-footed.

Since Thaksin was clever then, I think it is a fair assumption that he is still clever now.)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or did Thaksin seemingly forget all about Manchester and is now focused on ignoring laws and rules, buying votes, disrespecting people so he can be PM again?

Believe me it's just you.

So all the other threads are just part of my imagination...... Hmmmm

The Thai team beat Manchester City 2 to 0.

Correction.

The Thai team beat Manchester City Reserves 2-0

The Man City first team played the day before, beating Bolton 4-2 :o

I actually went to this game. The place was like mini Bangkok and it was enjoyable, even though it was freezing. Dr T turned up and he shook MrBoJangles hand :D

Correction.

I actually went to this game. The place was like mini Bangkok and it was enjoyable, even though it was freezing. Dr T turned up and he shook MrBoJangles hand :D

A tetanus shot might not be a bad idea. Disinfecting the site, of course, would be the first course of action.

As for the game... perhaps if the Manchester City football team starters had played more, perhaps the Manchester City Football Club could have scored a goal.....

First-team squad members Nedum Onuoha, Emile Mpenza, Geovanni and Georgios Samaras all featured at some stage during the game.
Edited by sriracha john

I still don't get it - Thai national team was in Khon Kaen, who played in Manchester?

True... they were playing for the Southeast Asia Games final in Korat.

Perhaps it was the National Team Reserves..... :o

No, the team that played in Korat was the under 23 team. The SEA games football tournament is only for players under the age of 23.

Correction.

A tetanus shot might not be a bad idea. Disinfecting the site, of course, would be the first course of action.

As for the game... perhaps if the Manchester City football team starters had played more, perhaps the Manchester City Football Club could have scored a goal.....

First-team squad members Nedum Onuoha, Emile Mpenza, Geovanni and Georgios Samaras all featured at some stage during the game.

John, although these are first team squad members, they haven't really been included in many games. They are not reall first choice options. And it was just a bit of a PR game and for a laugh :D

Publicity and laughs? Whatever happened to the great benevolent owner ardently trying to help to improve the caliber of Thai footballers?

Perhaps his mind was occupied with his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, or his arduous public duties, as president of the Thai Golfers ? :o

Publicity and laughs? Whatever happened to the great benevolent owner ardently trying to help to improve the caliber of Thai footballers?

Perhaps his mind was occupied with his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, or his arduous public duties, as president of the Thai Golfers ? :o

Actually according to a post on the previous page this is all our imagination. Thaksin is actually hard at work in the Manchester office and has completely set everything else out of his mind.

Perhaps his mind was occupied with his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, or his arduous public duties, as president of the Thai Golfers ? :D

Actually according to a post on the previous page this is all our imagination. Thaksin is actually hard at work in the Manchester office and has completely set everything else out of his mind.

John, has it not crossed your mind that Thaksin can probably multi-task. :o

I have photographic evidence (as well as the guy personally shaking my hand) that he was indeed in Manchester on Sun 16th Dec 2007. So, if he is continuing to be politically active, he is also carrying on with his duties at Manchester City. :D

Don't you ever give it a rest <deleted>.

The guys have been training hard with Manchester City all week. The "friendly" game itself was for PR and was a bit of a laugh, hence the title "friendly". Who in their right mind, would risk unnecessary injury to players, right in the middle of the season.

Perhaps his mind was occupied with his upcoming trip to Hong Kong, or his arduous public duties, as president of the Thai Golfers ? :D

I have photographic evidence (as well as the guy personally shaking my hand) that he was indeed in Manchester on Sun 16th Dec 2007. So, if he is continuing to be politically active, he is also carrying on with his duties at Manchester City. :D

I am sure you are right about the multitasking. By the way how much did he want to charge you to shake his hand?

I am sure you are right about the multitasking. By the way how much did he want to charge you to shake his hand?

Free, gratis, kostenlos, utan kostnad, tada, dorean :D

And he also provided, free of charge to everybody, Phad ka Poaw (sp) and Rice. :D

Edited by mrbojangles

Enjoy the free noodles while it lasts and before he sells the team once it's served it's political purpose and ends up having no use in escaping justice.

Certainly will. Thank you :o

We are the only team in all of the divisions, to still have a 100% home record this season and it is our best start ever, to a season. We are in the quarter final of the Carling Cup, still in the FA cup and 4th in the Premiership. So none of you Thaksin knocking lot, are going to take the smile away from my face. :D

Enjoy the free noodles while it lasts and before he sells the team once it's served it's political purpose and ends up having no use in escaping justice.

Certainly will. Thank you :o

We are the only team in all of the divisions, to still have a 100% home record this season and it is our best start ever, to a season. We are in the quarter final of the Carling Cup, still in the FA cup and 4th in the Premiership. So none of you Thaksin knocking lot, are going to take the smile away from my face. :D

OK I will give you the good on this one. I see you can note the engine is running good even that the oil is dirty. But Tony is right, once it has served it’s reason it will be discarded like the core of a roll of toilet paper. Enjoy it while you can!!!

Enjoy it while you can!!!

I am :o

And nothing lasts forever. So the term "enjoy it while you can" should really apply to everything. Not just Thaksin and Man City

Mr Boj, I'm certainly no fan of Toxin, but I think you'll have to admit that this thread is more about politics than football, and the majority who post in this thread have little understanding of the suffering that Man City fans have had over the years. So Toxin, will certainly be held up in a good light, considering the progress the club have made since the summer. That is why the fans are happy with him, as with most fans they enjoy it when the going is good, and it certainly is at present.

Edited by mrtoad

It doesn't annoy me in the slightest. It's not my team and it's not a league I follow, let alone a sport I even watch.

mrtoad makes a valid point in that the fans are happy... but what that all boils down to is nothing more than a fat wallet. The team success for now has not occured because of some great prowness and football expertise that Thaksin has... he simply supplied what they needed, a fat wallet.

His position as an owner certainly does absolutely nothing to exonerate him as an ex-tyrannical despotic leader on the political side.

Edited by sriracha john

Mr Boj, I'm certainly no fan of Toxin, but I think you'll have to admit that this thread is more about politics than football, and the majority who post in this thread have little understanding of the suffering that Man City fans have had over the years. So Toxin, will certainly be held up in a good light, considering the progress the club have made since the summer. That is why the fans are happy with him, as with most fans they enjoy it when the going is good, and it certainly is at present.

Yeah i know buddy. I probably shouldn't really bite and respond :o

This thread IS in a political forum and it has Thaksin's name in the title, I hope you don't get as many political posts in Man City updates thread in Soccer.

I was expecting slightly more publicity in the run up to elections, I doubt anyone even noticed Thai team playing reserves.

Maybe some Thai players will be on the field this Saturday (I don't know if there are any games scheduled, though).