Thai schools to re-introduce disease precautions as Covid cases rise

webfact

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

as you linked. hospitalizations have declined and deaths have remained flat. the post covid *surge* is over and was not much at all really. 

And the numbers of COVID patients hospitalized in serious condition and/or intubated both increased about 40% from two weeks ago to last week, per the government's report.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snugs08 said:

I think it's a fair guess that's it back to masking - if they ever stopped tbf, but patman30 doesnt mention anything specific either, but even if it's social distancing, stupid blue pipes and cellophane, removal of PE class, gloving in the canteen, face visors, weekly ATK tests or whatever 2021 crap revomitted - it isn't needed, the suffering and disruption to normal schooling has to stop.

Exactly.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'd prefer to reserve my judgment, until someone comes along to tell everyone what their actual COVID schools measures will be...

But I understand a lot of expats here like to express their outrage these days for anything related to COVID.

which part of "ANY" was hard to understand?
But I understand a lot of expats here like children to suffer these days for anything related to COVID.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most Thais here seem to do fairly well with common sense precautions aimed at reducing/preventing COVID, unlike too many farangs here...

And the Thai Ministry of Public Health continues to recommend common sense measures for the general public, as illustrated below:

Screenshot_5.jpg.9d8a67a0a81652262d19a39fda8422c9.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/posts/pfbid0UKMFdYjynfhYtv1q8QHVbAcigBQd7ziMcxPCwkKmTvST4M3YwwEU33zW16GQqrrql

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the numbers of COVID patients hospitalized in serious condition and/or intubated both increased about 40% from two weeks ago to last week, per the government's report.

and ?

deaths remained flat in that same period.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

for the entire population to continue to live like that is not really sensible at all. as is evident worldwide.... most do not worry about covid and have moved on with life. 

Most of the world hasn't had new weekly COVID hospitalizations rise 10-fold over the past six weeks... But Thailand has... 

Perhaps that explains the MoPH's renewed focus on prevention measures.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1