Exclusive: Rep. George Santos charged by Justice Department in federal probe

Scott

Now the difficult bit George.

You are going to be questioned by  Federal Agents, if you choose to speak you must tell the truth, lying to Federal Agents is something we call ‘a crime’.

When you get to court you will be placed under oath, you must tell the truth, not telling the truth under oath is something we call ‘perjury’, which is also a crime.

Live in the moment George, for the next few months you’re a star attraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now the difficult bit George.

You are going to be questioned by  Federal Agents, if you choose to speak you must tell the truth, lying to Federal Agents is something we call ‘a crime’.

When you get to court you will be placed under oath, you must tell the truth, not telling the truth under oath is something we call ‘perjury’, which is also a crime.

Live in the moment George, for the next few months you’re a star attraction.

If ever there was one man who should take the fifth it's him.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

Santos in federal custody as feds unseal 13-count indictment

Santos, whose astonishing pattern of lies and fabrications stunned even hardened politicos, has been charged on a 13-count indictment, including seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

He was taken into custody in Melville on Long Island, where the FBI is housed, a law enforcement source told CNN. From there, he was taken to the courthouse in Central Islip.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/09/politics/george-santos-charged-justice-department/index.html

He has only himself to blame.  His arrest and his prior comments are enough in my book to see him removed from his office and positions on panels.  I wonder if he will be the prison librarian....pun intended......

• Like 2

14 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Why?

You do not know what the charges are and he has not yet been found guilty of anything!

Innocent until......

You know why. With the current justice department they can just probe a few more and have a majority. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

We were all sickened I'm sure by Santos' dog and pony show.  Who is next I wonder?  MTG? Gaetz? De Santis? The speaker himself?  

A big order of popcorn is on order to go with the alt-right saltiness which is already drowning the scene.  Gonna go for butter-kist though, enough is enough.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

The man is defintely qualified to run for presidency ????

I’m sure old Donnie would think of him for a cabinet post not vp tho that’s between mtg and Cary lake lmao ???? what a clown hope he gets a few years in the can and run off in disgrace 

• Like 1

Congressman George Santos Charged with Fraud, Money Laundering, Theft of Public Funds, and False Statements

Santos Allegedly Embezzled Contributions from Supporters, Fraudulently Obtained Unemployment Benefits, and Lied in Disclosures to the House of Representatives

CENTRAL ISLIP, NY – A 13-count indictment was unsealed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” a United States Congressman representing the Third District of New York, with seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

The indictment was returned yesterday under seal by a federal grand jury sitting in Central Islip, New York. Santos was arrested this morning and will be arraigned this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Arlene R. Lindsay at the federal courthouse in Central Islip, New York.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/congressman-george-santos-charged-fraud-money-laundering-theft-public-funds-and-false

Indictment: www.justice.gov/d9/2023-05/santos.indictment.pdf

On the plus side, Mr. Santos does not have to worry about getting "a Brazilian".

Prosecutors accept deal with George Santos in Brazilian fraud case

Prosecutors in Brazil have agreed to a deal with Rep. George Santos in a case in which he is accused of defrauding a Rio de Janeiro area clerk of $1,300 over clothes and shoes in 2008, documents obtained by CNN show.

A petition from Santos' attorney requesting a deal says Santos would agree to formally confess to the crime and pay damages to the victim, a Rio de Janeiro area clerk, as is required under Brazilian law.

https://www.kcra.com/article/prosecutors-accept-deal-george-santos-brazilian-fraud-case/43411189

One assumes he'll use funds obtained fraudulently in the U.S. to pay these damages in Brazil. He's so savvy.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 6:42 AM, ThailandRyan said:

He should be stripped of his positions pending this trial.

I believe Rep. Santos already voluntarily resigned (temporarily) from his committee assignments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/rep-george-santos-says-he-wont-serve-on-house-committees-while-investigations-are-ongoing.html

I don't there is anything more that can be done. Something like four (4) Reps have been expelled, ever.

So he can resign, or be re-elected, or serve out his term.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I believe Rep. Santos already voluntarily resigned (temporarily) from his committee assignments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/rep-george-santos-says-he-wont-serve-on-house-committees-while-investigations-are-ongoing.html

I don't there is anything more that can be done. Something like four (4) Reps have been expelled, ever.

So he can resign, or be re-elected, or serve out his term.

Alternatively, if he’s found guilty and sentenced the Republicans lose one vote in the house and have to decide if they should expel him and go for the risk of a special election or stick with him and hand the Democrats the talking point of Republican convicts.

In the mean time the public get treated to ongoing revelations of this particular Republican’s grubby criminality.

‘All the best people’.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I think that Santos is very delusional about his background as well.  I mean afterall he has been coached by non other than his idol The Donald, I mean he was supported and backed by the former POTUS wasn't he.  I am surprised that he has not been given representation by the Republican Party. Santos uses the same "Witch Hunt" label as well.

https://apnews.com/article/george-santos-federal-charges-updates-33667a0900271e5002459ab748d8fdc8

Santos, 34, was released on $500,000 bond following his arraignment, about five hours after turning himself in to face charges of wire fraud, money laundering, theft of public funds and making false statements to Congress. He surrendered his passport and could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

“This is the beginning of the ability for me to address and defend myself,” a cheerfully combative Santos told reporters swarming him outside a Long Island federal courthouse. He said he’s been cooperating with the investigation and vowed to fight the prosecution, which he labeled a “witch hunt.”

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

Just curious. Which one is the biggest (not size wise) liar? Santos or Trump? 

You mean batting average? Season? Career?

Santos is Rookie of the Year, for sure. An up and comer, even accounting for a brief stint in the prison rookie league.

Trump is a lock for the Hall of Shame, based on lifetime stats.

• Like 1