Teeth workers

dplast

Hi,  Any first hand experiences with dental work in Bangkok, cleaning, crown and bridge work and who can do it with out pain or a limited amount and all with very clean instruments.   I will be back in Bkk next month and I am trying to see if I can get a cheper deal outside of California and still have the quality, along with a relitively painless experience.

Along the same line how about a medical physical - any experiences as to doctors and how about nurses who date - woops off the subjet - sorry!     Thanks

Agree the name BNH is a turn off but it is one of the oldest quality general hospitals in Bangkok.  The current top rated hospital by most is Bumrungrad Hospital.  Any dentist will be cheaper and less painful than in the US (I speak from much experience).  Hospitals here also provide dental treatment and would be considered the cleanest, although there are a number of very high class dental clinics here as well.

On the Beach.

I have known a lot of of buddies who have used this one and recon its the best.

The do teeth and have all the facilities to patch up and hold on to all the bits that keep falling off.Also do plastic?????

FYI-

The Bangkok Pattaya Hospital Health Plans:

The BPH Plan is B1500 a year and B500 for renewal. See below for complete details. It gives 50% off on rooms, 20% on services and 10% on medication. When I had bronchitis, I stayed in a VIP corner suite with living room, huge bath, kitchen and

dining room and a wraparound deck all for B1,800 a night. The food was great and I had four meals a day plus three snacks. Doctor and nurses were always present and I felt the personal attention as opposed to being

just a number in the States.

PI Hospital on Soi 5 is also a great med center. The staff is friendly and professional and the facilities are grand. Food comes from the PI Kitchen Restaurant and is fabulous. Watch large screen TV in your room

accompanied by Blue Margaritas in the evening.  A deck overlooks the blue sea and the little Thai nurse are sweet, laughing and accommodating.  

They stitched up my face a few years ago and I have no scar whatsoever.

As you can tell, I am a fan of medical services in Thailand and feel lucky to live here.

I'm not sure what the name means but these packages, offered by the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, are listed as Chivawattana Memberships:

(with thanks )

http://www.pattayaexpatsclub.com/bp_hospital.htm

301 Moo 6 Sukhumvit Rd., Pattaya City, Cholburi, Thailand Tel.66(38)427777 Fax.66(38)427751

http://www.pattayahospital.com/project7/pages/main.html

Email Us : [email protected]

Thanks Lopburi for the great info on the Bumrungrad Hospital.  I checked out there web site, looks like they can do just about anything I would ever want.

A second thanks to Rinrada, if I decide to head down to Pattya I'll check out the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Doug   :o

I have lived and traveled throughout Asia for the last 28 years.  When I needed some very extensive dental work about 2 years ago, I obtained "estimates" from dentists in Hawaii, California, and Korea.  These estimates were US 4,000, 4,000, and 1,000, respectively.  With the fall of the Thai economy in 1997, I deduced that it perhaps would be more economical to utilize a Thai dentist.  I consulted the online American Dental Association database to find a Thai dentist trained in either an American or Australian dental school.  I found 3 in Bangkok.  One that I have used since that time is Siam Family Dental Clinic (http://www.siamfamilydental.com/), located near Siam Square (Siam Family Dental Clinic is located in the central of Bangkok, Siam Square. Soi4).  Their website even has a map.  The work was up to U.S. standards, was relatively painless, and economical (the US$4,000 work in the U.S. came to 13,325 Baht).  Needless to say, I continue to go back to them several times each year, and also have my children go there also.  At the moment, I am living in the U.S., and even with airfare, is is by far more economical (and I can deduct the cost of the trip from my income tax).

check out this site     www.bangkoksmiledental.com

This is a new office just opened the first of the year geared to farangs. English is spoken and there are several dentists on staff to cover all dental needs. It is near the world trade center across from the british embassy at the ploenchit sky train station so it is easy to get to.  :o