Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The link you posted mentioned many reasons for possible shortages.

Neither your link or your search for a mystery product proves there are shortages due to Brexit alone.

I went to Morrisons yesterday to get some doughnuts. Those that are baked in house. There weren't any. They'd sold out. Was that because of Brexit or just that they are a popular line and they'd simply sold out?

You still haven't told us what you couldn't find. Your reluctance suggests it actually had nothing to do with Brexit. 

I love Mozzers - those doughnuts are better than Lewis Hamilton's.

Edited by nauseus

All this talk of GDP and the figures .

Its worth noting that the U.K complies its figures differently to other Countries and so the figures can be misleading .

Its all explained here .

It is rather complex, so I wont try to explain it myself .

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/is-economic-output-an-accurate-measure-of-the-covid-19-impact/

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Two supermarkets? Fresh food? You were lucky! In my day we had half a corner shop t'ween twenty villages. There'd be a lottery but even after that they'd put shop at bottom of pit of winning village!

These days you can go online and order groceries and get them delivered , there's no need to walk around supermarkets looking for things 

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

These days you can go online and order groceries and get them delivered , there's no need to walk around supermarkets looking for things 

Luxury. Sheer luxury!

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

But  but  how did that EU stuff get in?

Here , 19 different kinds of tomatoes available from ONE Supermarket . 

You can get them delivered .

Just need to sit at home and place an order and open your front door when the delivery guys knocks 

https://groceries.asda.com/aisle/fruit-veg-flowers/vegetables-potatoes/tomatoes-peppers/1215686352935-1215665891579-1215666771279

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No straws. The comparison started as a UK/G7 comparison and that's it. No need to expand and confuse this with an additional non G7 (Eurozone) reference.  

Splitting hairs!

The claim was that UK economy was thriving in 2008, and that it is the reason why UK appears now to be a laggard, as it is below pre-pandemic level.

I showed two evidences (comparison by Eurozone and G7) showing that the UK economy was not particularly thriving. Two evidences are better than only one.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. Not everyone. No one said everyone. You really do like to exaggerate for effect, don't you?

Nearly everyone has the ability and means to shop online though , practically   everyone can use the internet these days and has mobile phones and can order food online .

It also usually works out cheaper to get food delivered (unless you walk to the supermarket or have a free bus pass) 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Nearly everyone has the ability and means to shop online though , practically   everyone can use the internet these days and has mobile phones and can order food online .

It also usually works out cheaper to get food delivered (unless you walk to the supermarket or have a free bus pass) 

Do you have data on that?

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All this talk of GDP and the figures .

Its worth noting that the U.K complies its figures differently to other Countries and so the figures can be misleading .

Its all explained here .

It is rather complex, so I wont try to explain it myself .

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/is-economic-output-an-accurate-measure-of-the-covid-19-impact/

It remains that: the specific way UK is calculating GDP in 2023 shows that is it below pre-pandemic level, calculated in the same specific way. Same indicator before and after the pandemic (they changed the calculation in 1998, according to your link.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, candide said:

It remains that: the specific way UK is calculating GDP in 2023 shows that is it below pre-pandemic level, calculated in the same specific way. Same indicator before and after the pandemic (they changed the calculation in 1998, according to your link.

Yes, it is fully understood and accepted by all that the U.Ks economy  isn't faring as well as it was  before the pandemic

There is no need to keep on making that point over and over again 

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Here’s what the Office of National Statistics has to say on the matter.

Millions are digitally excluded, and exclusion is highest amongst the old, the disabled and people on low incomes.

The very people for whom traipsing around multiple supermarkets to do there weekly shop is a problem:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/articles/exploringtheuksdigitaldivide/2019-03-04

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s what the Office of National Statistics has to say on the matter.

Millions are digitally excluded, and exclusion is highest amongst the old, the disabled and people on low incomes.

The very people for whom traipsing around multiple supermarkets to do there weekly shop is a problem:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/articles/exploringtheuksdigitaldivide/2019-03-04

Notes, Mac did say " Nearly everyone". 90+% is "Nearly everyone".

" Multiple supermarkets"?

Another exaggeration for effect.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Notes, Mac did say " Nearly everyone". 90+% is "Nearly everyone".

" Multiple supermarkets"?

Another exaggeration for effect.

The link that he provided was published in 2019 (Release date:
4 March 2019) and had figures and graphs from 2011-2018 and your figures were from 2023 .

Doesn't need stating that the latest figures are more accurate than out of date figures .

Even the very few people who don't use the internet have someone who can use it on their behalf   ,like carers and nurses and the like 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Every time there some delays at Dover , usually temporary delays caused by strikes or the weather , the Remain media post the stories as "Brexit causes delays at Dover* and people think there's some kind of blockade at Dover .

We have produce going back and forth to the E.U as normal , although the truck drivers may have to show their passports when entering and leaving  

The 'new' normal seems to be more a lot more onerous for those involved in the transportation and logistics industries than the 'old' normal. It certainly appears to be a lot more complicated than truck drivers simply flashing their passports as they bid UK immigration officers a cheerful, 'Hail Fellow, well met' and are rewarded with a hearty 'God Speed' in reply.

One company's take on the impact of Brexit.

https://dfreight.org/blog/significant-impact-of-brexit-on-logistics-market/#:~:text=the new environment.-,Impact on Transportation,UK and other EU countries.

Edited by RayC
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The link that he provided was published in 2019 (Release date:
4 March 2019) and had figures and graphs from 2011-2018 and your figures were from 2023 .

Does need stating that the latest figures are more accurate than out of date figures .

Even the very few people who don't use the internet have someone who can use it on their behalf   ,like carers and nurses and the like 

555. Yes, I just noticed that too.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour are very happy for the Tories to stew in their Tory Brexit.

I’ve said for a long time, I want this Tory Government to go full term so that they can be seen to be responsible for their Brexit and the damage their Brexit has done to the country.

That Farage had now admitted Brexit is a failure and is pointing fingers at the Tories is a bonus.

He will of course immediately switch to blaming Labour as soon as they take office, but for now let the stories stew in it.

The Scots found that support for Scottish independence dramatically decreased when they were advised that keeping the pound was not an option and they would have to accept the euro

I think you will find similar outcome if the UK has to accept the Euro that and I yet to see any indication from the EU that it wants it former troublesome member back into the fold

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The Scots found that support for Scottish independence dramatically decreased when they were advised that keeping the pound was not an option and they would have to accept the euro

I think you will find similar outcome if the UK has to accept the Euro that and I yet to see any indication from the EU that it wants it former troublesome member back into the fold

Or so you would have us believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or so you would have us believe.

Poll: Independence support would fall if Scotland was set to adopt euro

Almost 40 per cent of Scots are less likely to back independence if separation plans appeared on course for the country adopting the euro currency, a new poll has revealed.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19499617.poll-independence-support-fall-scotland-set-adopt-euro/

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

What's funny is you seem to think what you think bothers them. 

If your life is so boring you get pleasure out of thinking others are sad or upset about something, I sympathise. I'm sure that extra time you spent shopping yesterday felt like an away day. I hope you had a good trip.

Ad hominem (again).