Nigel Farage: ‘Brexit has failed’

webfact

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It doesn’t quite say it all.

Washington are in no hurry at all to negotiate a trade deal with the UK.

Probably not before a trade deal withe EU (if any).

• Like 2

Anyone who considers Keir Starmers Labour Party left-wing is clearly living in a dream world.

Over 150k real Labour members left the party after Jeremy Corbyn was hounded out of the party, by the establishment, MSM and the Blairites. After the 2017 GE, 

At best the Labour Party is now a version of Tory light.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Anyone who considers Keir Starmers Labour Party left-wing is clearly living in a dream world.

Over 150k real Labour members left the party after Jeremy Corbyn was hounded out of the party, by the establishment, MSM and the Blairites. After the 2017 GE, 

Starmer understands something these ‘real Labour members’ you refer to don’t, there’s no point claiming to support leftwing political positions of you can’t win an election.

Labour is electable under Starmer, it was not electable under Corbyn.

On the subject of Brexit failure, Starmer has repeatedly signaled policy positions that will bring closer alignment of the UK to the EU.

It’s an example of that essential political quality lacking in both leftwing and rightwing dogma - pragmatism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Starmer understands something these ‘real Labour members’ you refer to don’t, there’s no point claiming to support leftwing political positions of you can’t win an election.

On the subject of Brexit failure, Starmer has repeatedly signaled policy positions that will bring closer alignment of the UK to the EU.

It’s an example of that essential political quality lacking in both leftwing and rightwing dogma - pragmatism.

As I personally will never partake in another UK general election in my lifetime, I know I shouldn't give a toss but it still bothers me all the lies and skullduggery that went on in that time, especially since the Forde report. 

There was a one-time only chance to change the course of British Politics, sadly as stated previously the Establishment and the MSM alongside Starmers Labour, Tory Light Party.

Edited by Jeff the Chef

16 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

As I personally will never partake in another UK general election in my lifetime, I know I shouldn't give a toss but it still bothers me all the lies and skullduggery that went on in that time, especially since the Forde report. 

There was a one-time only chance to change the course of British Politics, sadly as stated previously the Establishment and the MSM alongside Starmers Labour, Tory Light Party.

Ah conspiracy.

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Starmer and Labour have now pledged to stay out the E.U. with Labour leader stating "Britain’s future is outside the EU"

Seems its game over for the Remainers and theres no way back into the E.U now 

‘Britain’s future is outside the EU’, Sir Keir pledges

The Labour leader promised he would ‘make Brexit work’ if elected

Sir Keir Starmer has declared “Britain’s future is outside the EU”, confirming Labour will not seek to rejoin the bloc if it wins power.

The Labour leader accepted it is “no great secret” he voted Remain in the 2016 referendum. But Sir Keir said he agreed with Leave supporters who wanted “a better health service, better jobs, better wages, more security, a sense of control over their lives and their communities”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-s-future-is-outside-the-eu-sir-keir-pledges-b2348742.html?utm_source=reddit.com

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Starmer and Labour have now pledged to stay out the E.U. with Labour leader stating "Britain’s future is outside the EU"

Sir Keir Starmer has declared “Britain’s future is outside the EU”, confirming Labour will not seek to rejoin the bloc if it wins power.

The Labour leader accepted it is “no great secret” he voted Remain in the 2016 referendum. But Sir Keir said he agreed with Leave supporters who wanted “a better health service, better jobs, better wages, more security, a sense of control over their lives and their communities”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-s-future-is-outside-the-eu-sir-keir-pledges-b2348742.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Starmer is focussed on winning the next election.

The key issues of concern for voters are, the cost of living crisis, the NHS, the economy, public services, law and order.

Brexit is not a key issue, therefore not something Starmer needs to address.

However, Brexit is an issue that is still dividing the Tories.

Starmer is doing the smart thing.

Focus on the problems facing the electorate and let the Tories continue to eat each other.

Watch out for pro-EU policies from Labour (all in the cause of addressing “the cost of living crisis, the NHS, the economy, public services, law and order”).

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

With the Conservative Party happy and content with Brexit and now Labour also happy and content with Brexit and the only people not happy and content with Brexit are Nigel Farage and Remainers .

Maybe Nigel Farage and Remainers could unite and form their own Political Party ?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

As I said previously, Tory Light, aka anything to get into power and not upset the real power in the UK, MSM and the Establishment.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

As I said previously, Tory Light, aka anything to get into power and not upset the real power in the UK, MSM and the Establishment.

It seems that both Parties have moved more to the centre and now there's very little difference between them both . 

Starmer is focussed on winning the next election.

The key issues of concern for voters are, the cost of living crisis, the NHS, the economy, public services, law and order.

Brexit is not a key issue, therefore not something Starmer needs to address.

However, Brexit is an issue that is still dividing the Tories.

Starmer is doing the smart thing.

Focus on the problems facing the electorate and let the Tories continue to eat each other.

Watch out for pro-EU policies from Labour (all in the cause of addressing “the cost of living crisis, the NHS, the economy, public services, law and order”).

Oh, really? And there was me thinking you'd said Brexit had failed. It's over. Nothing we can do. We are all doomed.

Now we hear there is the possibility of some new policies that will make things better, whilst still adhering to Brexit and remaining out of EU. That's weird.

13 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh, really? And there was me thinking you'd said Brexit had failed. It's over. Nothing we can do. We are all doomed.

Now we hear there is the possibility of some new policies that will make things better, whilst still adhering to Brexit and remaining out of EU. That's weird.

Brexit has failed, even Farage says so.

From the article Mac Mickmanus linked:

“He [Starmer]!highlighted recent warnings from the car industry that their future is under threat, claiming Britain could become a world leader in electric car manufacturing.”

Do you suppose Starmer is listening to the UK’s car industry and their complaints regarding the damage Brexit is doing to their industry? 

And:

“The Labour leader also said scientists and researchers face “an uncertain future” not knowing whether they will be able to access the Horizon EU funding programme. “

Here’s a clue to what Starmer is getting at - There is no access to EU Horizon science funding without joining the EU Horizon Program’

And  then there’s this:

“And he said the “failure of the Tories’ Brexit deal” had driven up food prices, which he called “unforgivable” during the cost of living crisis.”

So a new deal with the EU, do think that’s going to be moving further away from the EU or closer to tie EU?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit has failed, even Farage says so.

From the article Mac Mickmanus linked:

“He [Starmer]!highlighted recent warnings from the car industry that their future is under threat, claiming Britain could become a world leader in electric car manufacturing.”

Do you suppose Starmer is listening to the UK’s car industry and their complaints regarding the damage Brexit is doing to their industry? 

And:

“The Labour leader also said scientists and researchers face “an uncertain future” not knowing whether they will be able to access the Horizon EU funding programme. “

Here’s a clue to what Starmer is getting at - There is no access to EU Horizon science funding without joining the EU Horizon Program’

And  then there’s this:

“And he said the “failure of the Tories’ Brexit deal” had driven up food prices, which he called “unforgivable” during the cost of living crisis.”

So a new deal with the EU, do think that’s going to be moving further away from the EU or closer to tie EU?

New policies, conversations, deals, movement on previous deals. All things I've been suggesting could be happening now and in the future. Creating better situations for many both in UK and EU.

All comments mentioning such have been debunked by you a myriad of times. Now, as your preferred political party mention it, it's all possible.

It's an incredible uturn for you. Nice though that you can see the sunny uplands ahead. Well done for finally realising the Brexit process is ongoing and by no means over and, hence, not a failure. 

I commend you for clearing the mist in your mind and joining forces to help the cause. Well done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

New policies, conversations, deals, movement on previous deals. All things I've been suggesting could be happening now and in the future. Creating better situations for many both in UK and EU.

All comments mentioning such have been debunked by you a myriad of times. Now, as your preferred political party mention it, it's all possible.

It's an incredible uturn for you. Nice though that you can see the sunny uplands ahead. Well done for finally realising the Brexit process is ongoing and by no means over and, hence, not a failure. 

I commend you for clearing the mist in your mind and joining forces to help the cause. Well done.

What’s happening now is the Government putting an end to hopes of the Brexiteer dreams of further deviation from alignment with the EU.

What’s coming is a realignment with the EU.

The inflection point was the Windsor Framework.

Starmer is entirely correct, Labour have identified the key concerns amongst voters, and will address those by, among other means undoing Brexit damage.

He’s stating no plans to rejoin the EU, because he knows that’s not the challenge for the immediate future.

The UK will reverse Brexit in steps.

I look forward to pointing them out to you as they occur.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s happening now is the Government putting an end to hopes of the Brexiteer dreams of further deviation from alignment with the EU.

What’s coming is a realignment with the EU.

The inflection point was the Windsor Framework.

Starmer is entirely correct, Labour have identified the key concerns amongst voters, and will address those by, among other means undoing Brexit damage.

He’s stating no plans to rejoin the EU, because he knows that’s not the challenge for the immediate future.

The UK will reverse Brexit in steps.

I look forward to pointing them out to you as they occur.

Great. 

Although EU will never allow that.

BTW, Starmer said he will not seek to rejoin EU. Nothing about timescale.

You obviously think he's lying. Oh dear. Your mate telling porkies. 

46 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Why yawn? It's clear it's an ongoing process. If it was all over, even Starmer would not be able to do anything.

The problem with your ongoing process is the damage has been done, Labour or the Tories have between them sowed the seeds to break up the UK, sadly IMHO.

Give it another 5 years and we will be a tourist attraction, with a wonderful history of shooting ourselves in the foot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Great. 

Although EU will never allow that.

BTW, Starmer said he will not seek to rejoin EU. Nothing about timescale.

You obviously think he's lying. Oh dear. Your mate telling porkies. 

I’m not sure on what basis you claim to know what the EU will not allow.

Starmer isn’t lying, he’s making a statement in the context of Labour’s campaign to win the next election.

Parties are elected for a term based in their manifesto promises, Starmer is laying the ground for the Labour manifesto and campaign for tge up coming General election.

For election after that Labour, and Starmer, will have a whole new different set of promises and policies.

I look forward to pointing out Labour’s pro EU policies as they arise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The problem with your ongoing process is the damage has been done, Labour or the Tories have between them sowed the seeds to break up the UK, sadly IMHO.

Give it another 5 years and we will be a tourist attraction, with a wonderful history of shooting ourselves in the foot.

They said the same after the Brexit vote in 2017 , they said the same after the U.K left the E.U in 2020 , seems to be an endless wrong predictions about what will happen in the future .

We should have all starved to death , froze to death of died of malnutrition by now , according to the predictions of what would happen if we left the E.U 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure on what basis you claim to know what the EU will not allow.

Starmer isn’t lying, he’s making a statement in the context of Labour’s campaign to win the next election.

Parties are elected for a term based in their manifesto promises, Starmer is laying the ground for the Labour manifesto and campaign for tge up coming General election.

For election after that Labour, and Starmer, will have a whole new different set of promises and policies.

I look forward to pointing out Labour’s pro EU policies as they arise.

I look forward to seeing the link where Starmer said " we will not be seeking to rejoin the EU for now but maybe later". If you don't have a link but believe it's on the cards if Labour get a second term, he's lying.

As for the EU allowing UK a gradual rejoin, you don't believe that could happen anymore than anyone else, including Labour MPs. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

" we will not be seeking to rejoin the EU for now but maybe later".

Given you invented the quotation, I’ll leave it to you to produce the link.

19 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

As for the EU allowing UK a gradual rejoin, you don't believe that could happen anymore than anyone else, including Labour MPs. 

Who said anything about the UK ‘gradually rejoining’ the EU?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 7:02 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

You should send a message to Rishi Sunak :

Dear Rishi, if you would like to win the next election , you should sack all the current M.P's and re-join the E.U and you might get voted in next time  .

Yours sincerely , a non voter living abroad .

Yep that certainly give him the vote, Its what the British people want',

• Haha 1