Rudy Giuliani said he and Trump were selling pardons for $2m apiece, ex-aide claims

Social Media

A former aide to former Trump attorney Rudolph Giuliani says he told her the ex-New York City mayor and then-president Donald Trump were offering to sell presidential pardons for $2 million apiece, according to court documents.

The bombshell allegation was levied in a complaint filed against Mr Giuliani by Noelle Dunphy, a New York-based public relations professional who is suing him for “unlawful abuses of power, wide-ranging sexual assault and harassment, wage theft, and other misconduct” committed while she worked for him in 2019 and 2020.

• Haha 2

This is the paragraph in the complaint which contains the only 4 references to 'pardon' or 'pardons':

132. He also asked Ms. Dunphy if she knew anyone in need of a pardon, telling her that he was selling pardons for $2 million, which he and President Trump would split. He told Ms. Dunphy that she could refer individuals seeking pardons to him, so long as they did not go through “the normal channels” of the Office of the Pardon Attorney, because correspondence going to that office would be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/public/650033_2023_Noelle_Dunphy_v_Rudolph_W_Giuliani_et_al_COMPLAINT_10.pdf

36 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I doubt that Trump was truly involved in this. He had already cut Giuliani loose. He have him no pre-emptive pardon. I think Giuliani was looking to scam desperate people to get himself out of his own financial predicaments.

I'm with you on this one. Curious to see if any money changed hands, would make a big difference in this.