More Trump indictments would give Biden and Democrats huge 2024 boost, poll finds

Social Media

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I feel the fear coming from the democrat party now - fear of Biden on a stage with Trump - Or Desantis prior to the next election. Biden who has not had an open press conference with 'real' question from unchosen media for months and uses hand notes - verses a full on republican candidate wanting real answers.

I fully expect - my opinion - that the debates will not happen next year - and the democrats only release pre-recorded statements. 

I hope I am wrong as I really am looking forward to the debate

Fear?   LOL  I don't think you have a very good handle on what's going on in your own party.  The de facto front-runner for the GOP is D. Trump.  Yet, members of his own party don't think he has a chance.  Even Ron DeSantis thinks Joe Biden has a better chance of winning than Trump....

[Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) told a call of donors and supporters on Thursday afternoon he is one of three “credible” candidates for president in 2024 and declared that of those three only he and Joe Biden can actually win, arguing that Donald Trump is a certain loser.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/desantis-pans-trump-as-unelectable-in-call-to-donors-swing-state-numbers-are-insurmountable/ar-AA1bn8mg?ocid=wispr&cvid=ec00710066ba40cc9955826491f4fc4f&ei=46

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I don't think you have a very good handle on what's going on in your own party.  The de facto front-runner for the GOP is D. Trump.  Yet, members of his own party don't think he has a chance. 

Change the words Trump and GOP in your sentence with Biden and Democrats, and the whole sentence would also be correct.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Even Ron DeSantis thinks Joe Biden has a better chance of winning than Trump....

Sour grapes from DeSantis, and you know that very well

On 5/20/2023 at 1:36 PM, Jingthing said:

I am not confident that more indictments of Trump will help Biden win.

Maybe maybe not.

Trump could potentially win from behind bars.

What I do know is that Trump gaining power again would mean the official end of American democracy.

I also know if Trump loses he will claim he won again and his well armed cult members may start a real civil war. 

Trump is the American nightmare that keeps on giving. 

I know some of you still have nightmares about 2016 thinking it can happen again.  I don't worry even a little bit.  2020 is a much better predictor.  Trump has shown who he is and moderates/independents won't go near him.  Aside from his criminal investigations, Trump has the abortion problem to deal with which is a huge issue for women.  And I do believe the GOP primary will get ugly with mudslinging coming from every direction.  Trump will not survive unscathed....assuming he manages to pull it off. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I know some of you still have nightmares about 2016 thinking it can happen again.  I don't worry even a little bit.  2020 is a much better predictor.  Trump has shown who he is and moderates/independents won't go near him.  Aside from his criminal investigations, Trump has the abortion problem to deal with which is a huge issue for women.  And I do believe the GOP primary will get ugly with mudslinging coming from every direction.  Trump will not survive unscathed....assuming he manages to pull it off. 

You're forgetting a few things.

Enthusiasm for Biden is very low.

Chances are good for a low turnout.

Minorities such as blacks and Latinos are becoming more Republican.

Perhaps worse of all there may be a cynical third party candidate designed to hurt Biden.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Enthusiasm for Biden is very low.

Chances are good for a low turnout.

How could "enthusiasm" for Biden be anything but low. The dems saving grace, as in 2020, is that he will not be what drives turnout. SCOTUS, the economy, indicatements, disappearing rights, etc... will be the driver. I predict a higher turnout than 2020.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

That 3rd party candidate may be a problem....but I don't think it will materialize.  It seems nonsensical to me.  If they want a moderate who's not an extreme left/right candidate, who's more moderate than Joe Biden? 

The US is a center right country. Biden is progressive enough for Bernie Sanders. It would be very easy to wedge right of Biden. The third party candidate if it happens will of course be younger and the old age objections that so many people have are much more of a problem for Biden than Trump.

While informed Americans understand that Trump in power again means the end of American democracy, unfortunately the majority including the MSM has normalized Trump.

Getting smug about how this can never happen plays right into Trump's hand.

That said if Trump picks a nutcase VP. that reduces his chances. But I think he'll pick someone that's more normal.

Of course Harris is even less popular than Biden. Not good 

Danger Will Robinson!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another problem worth mentioning. Unless Biden wins with a massive landslide and you know he won't it's clear that Trump will claim he won again if he loses.

This time his maga minions will be better prepared to effect some kind of a coup and failing that Trump will obviously provoke his well armed cult of white nationalists into violence. Yes civil war is a possibility.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That said if Trump picks a nutcase VP. that reduces his chances. But I think he'll pick someone that's more normal.

Trump may be inclined to choose a woman.  But if he picks Tim Scott, Dems may be in trouble.  Of course, Trump's hardcore racist base may not be real supportive.  Not sure what they would do in a case like that. 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Trump may be inclined to choose a woman.  But if he picks Tim Scott, Dems may be in trouble.  Of course, Trump's hardcore racist base may not be real supportive.  Not sure what they would do in a case like that. 

He'll probably pick Haley.