It’s Not Enough for Ukraine to Win. Russia Has to Lose.

16 minutes ago, tgw said:

What disturbs me is that this is what I, as an armchair general, would expect to happen. So, the Ruzzians will expect this as well. And I hope the Ukrainians have a plan that is ten times better.

The Ukrainians will have the technical over hand and the russian soldiers

know it is coming.

What i think is a trap that the Wagner group is saying they will take some time off and leave Bachmut for R&R and hand over the city to regular russian forces.I do not trust this but if they are stupid enough to really do this the Ukrainian forces (already having the flanks covered)will be able to take the city back in a few days i think.

Russian soldiers are not going to be very happy being sent into Bachmut.

Moral is low already and the Ukrainians are waiting on the hill.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

I am not sure numbers are so relevant. Even small nuclear countries such as France or UK, have enough missiles to destroy the 50 largest Russian cities.

Also, China appears to want to 'help' with gaining some agreement to stop the war between R and U.

I wonder what China's attitude to nucs is?

Edited by scorecard

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you forget the little issue that Russia has almost 6000 nuclear weapons?

Have you thought about what the "paper tiger" could do with them?

"Russia possesses a total of 5,977 nuclear warheads as of 2022,[2] the largest stockpile of nuclear warheads in the world"

Russia and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia

Considering that Ukis took down russian hypersonic missiles with a 20 year old patriot missile tech, i have to say i am not scared. 

Edited by Celsius
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Quite true but,to make Putin’s removal and hopefully his demise more attractive to the elites perhaps it would be better to return their I’ll gotten gains (with conditions)say supporting free and fair elections perhaps?who knows but I know this Putin is a thug you don’t appease thugs you get rid of them every one would be better off including the Russian peopthat I suspect the same people le 

I wonder how knowledgeable the russian midle classes and lower are about democracy / change of governments etc., in the rest of the world.

Along with that I suspect the same folks see 'leadership', 'leaders', who becomes the next leader as a strong man battle to gain an image and track record of winning battles and therefore become the man of the moment / the king on the hill. And at that moment in time nobody would challenge that new leader.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

There’s a lot to consider with your point,as in any country there’s that tribal patriotism fear of change plus the Russian people have been repressed for a very very long time all that beeing said the new factor to consider is the cell phone utube ect ect the Russian people have been exposed to the western style of governance and had a bit of a taste of it I think the majority want more obviously there’s more opportunities and Russia has incredible potential     (Score card) forget to quote you sorry 

Edited by Tug