Thai websites to buy frames and parts to assemble a DIY bike?

I'm looking for some websites to get good deals on frames, shifters, cassettes, and all bicycle parts in the hope of ordering and having my local mechanic assemble a DIY bike. I'm familiar with Probike but hope there are some others that perhaps sell less well known and more economically priced frames and parts.

Just buy the new bike that you want.  They aren't expensive, and surely much easier than trying to source and worse, have someone else build for you.  

New will actually work, headache free, and may even be cheaper, definitely better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be interested in how you get on; the thought of rebuilding my latest bike by buying individual components would I'd say be far in excess of buying a complete bike from a store.

Pays to monitor the websites - example, there's no Probike here in Chanthaburi but there are two independent shops who deal direct with them and could offer the same sale prices as Probike.

Trek had a national sale last month over Songkran which had a range of bikes discounted 20-28% (I know because I bought one on 28% discount) plus free lights and garage stand, plus offered further discount on any accessories, I got a carrier + day bag, pump at well below normal retail. Only thing i couldn't change unless I paid was to replace the tyres it came fitted with, I'll wait till I've worn them out before changing.

2013 I had a bike 'built' here, but all at one shop - mainly due to them not carrying an XL frame in stock so I started from scratch; bought a Giant ATX Pro XL frame and selected the wheels and components within my price range, they assembled and offered a guarantee (not required, but I was covered if anything had gone wrong).

And my thought for the day - some local road signs state "Beware of the Cyclist"

Be aware?

Happy cycling! 

• Like 1

Classic Aseannow...  Ask for some websites because you want to build a bike and all you get are 4 replies telling you not to do it.  Awesome!!

I build bikes all the time.  It would help if you told us what kind of bike you want to build.  I'm building a dirt jump bike and a freeride bike now.  A couple of BMX bikes will be next.  Building bikes is fun and easy if you have the right tools and know-how.  Don't let the bar stool finger jockeys deter you.  

worldbike.co.th

888bike.net

those are a couple.  But honestly I have the best luck on FB marketplace.  If second hand is what you are after.  For better or worse, I buy a lot of parts on Amazon from the USA.  Shipping isn't too bad and duties on bike parts is 10%  I just got a Manitou Circus fork for the dirt jumpper from Amazon, $600 fork, paid $80 for shipping.  Arrived in about 3 weeks.

image.thumb.png.3c923d61895c38f67030754641308d3e.pngimage.png.3b91213becef8a8403671ac7e279cde1.pngimage.png.1dfbaa2f0efaa36123c70c8d30a82c92.png

image.png

image.png

C6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, action said:

Classic Aseannow...  Ask for some websites because you want to build a bike and all you get are 4 replies telling you not to do it.  Awesome!!

I build bikes all the time.  It would help if you told us what kind of bike you want to build.  I'm building a dirt jump bike and a freeride bike now.  A couple of BMX bikes will be next.  Building bikes is fun and easy if you have the right tools and know-how.  Don't let the bar stool finger jockeys deter you.  

worldbike.co.th

888bike.net

those are a couple.  But honestly I have the best luck on FB marketplace.  If second hand is what you are after.  For better or worse, I buy a lot of parts on Amazon from the USA.  Shipping isn't too bad and duties on bike parts is 10%  I just got a Manitou Circus fork for the dirt jumpper from Amazon, $600 fork, paid $80 for shipping.  Arrived in about 3 weeks.

Thanks for the helpful info @action. I'm looking to build a hybrid/gravel bicycle but with Flat Bar handlebars. I would like a lightweight bicycle but that can take some potholes and gravel as there is a lot of this where I live. I'm currently on a fullblown MTB but using it for the road and it is overkill, as it's very heavy. I have a 70,000 baht budget for everything. My local bike repair shop (they repair but don't sell parts) told me they thought I would get a better bang for the buck if I bought all the parts online at promotion or discount prices and then had the shop assemble them, rather than buy a complete bicycle. So I am in the very early stages of this....

3 hours ago, AventurasEnMadrid said:

I'm looking to build a hybrid/gravel bicycle but with Flat Bar handlebars. I would like a lightweight bicycle but that can take some potholes and gravel as there is a lot of this where I live. I'm currently on a fullblown MTB but using it for the road and it is overkill, as it's very heavy.

Maybe better to find a lightweight hardtail MTB that suits your requirements & replace the fork with a carbon fibre fork with no suspension.  Buying separate components here is expensive compared to buying a complete bike.  I bought a MTB here for not much more than the price of buying the Rockshox fork separately.  

I know someone who built a gravel bike using a carbonda frame from China.  

https://www.carbonda.com/road/gravel/cfr505.html

He spent about 100,000 baht, but if you want flat bars the shifters & brakes would be a lot cheaper than those for drop handlebars.

Edited by Yorkshire Tea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hello,

I've built from scratch 2 road bikes, all bought from Aliexpress, no custom tax except for the wheels (don't ask me why). The most difficult part for me was in the details : the small parts that block the cable housing when entering the frame, the derailleur hanger and the quick release (or not) wheel axels. The bearings for the headset can also be a headache. All these details can be easily solved if the frame supplier gives you the correct information, what is apparently not a standard (to give correct information).

Second bike, I went for a famous brand copy (wanted to see if any good... not 555) that I now use on home trainer and I might never take it out again due to security issues (the frame is very flexible, really not like the real one). And just use the ultegra disc groupset on another "better" frame. That better frame will not be a copy but rather a known legit one, one that was sold many times with ok ratings. I think it's better to buy a good no brand frame rather than a "sh**t" copy like I did.

While frame hunting, I often fell on Carbonda frames. That could be a future build. Apparently they are a reliable company. 

888bike is also reliable and has a lot of products.

Have fun building your dream bike,

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1