TOT DSL Internet Jomtien

Jingthing

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just wondering why you feel the need to start a thread about your internet being down this morning? 

This is Pattaya, Elec and internet dropouts are comon?

Not common.

DSL line down indicates a problem on the phone line.

Sometimes wide areas are effected. Meaning no need to eveh report the problem. Just wait.

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not common.

DSL line down indicates a problem on the phone line.

Sometimes wide areas are effected. Meaning no need to eveh report the problem. Just wait.

Waiting for the emergency that required a thread?

• Confused 1

While on the subject of TOT/Pattaya-Jomtien, I have no option, my building allows TOT only (fiber).  For my first year and a half, I did the pre-pay 1gb down which was close to B1000/m.  Maybe one service interruption every month or two, otherwise fine.  I use it for internet and video streaming.  

This year I decided to try downgrading to 300mb down, about B300/m prepay for a year but upgradeable anytime.  It's actually been just about as good as the 1gb.  I haven't experienced any buffering when streaming Netflix or YouTube and web pages open as they did previously. No noticeable differences really.  For my needs, 1gb turned out to be unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny update.

Well it turns out my hunch about about an area wide outage was correct but this topic failed to sniff that out.

I'm still down.

On .my first help line call I asked if it was an area wide outage and was told no.

On my second call this afternoon I was told it was indeed an area wide outage.

Edited by Jingthing

6 hours ago, dddave said:

While on the subject of TOT/Pattaya-Jomtien, I have no option, my building allows TOT only (fiber).  For my first year and a half, I did the pre-pay 1gb down which was close to B1000/m.  Maybe one service interruption every month or two, otherwise fine.  I use it for internet and video streaming.  

This year I decided to try downgrading to 300mb down, about B300/m prepay for a year but upgradeable anytime.  It's actually been just about as good as the 1gb.  I haven't experienced any buffering when streaming Netflix or YouTube and web pages open as they did previously. No noticeable differences really.  For my needs, 1gb turned out to be unnecessary.

I've a question if you don't mind dddave...

I'm in the same situation where my condo ISP choices are TOT(NT) or 3BB.  I'm thinking of the NT 300/300 which is half the price of the cheapest from 3BB.

How long did it take them to install and did you have to pay an installation fee with TOT?  My condo told me fibre only goes as far as the ground floor then would use the phone lines up to my room.

Also, I've been googling and can't find an official rep / Line / Facebook page in Pattaya for NT (3BB have stores in Central Festival plus others).  How did you contact them to place the order?

1 hour ago, ed79 said:

I'm in the same situation where my condo ISP choices are TOT(NT) or 3BB.  I'm thinking of the NT 300/300 which is half the price of the cheapest from 3BB.

How long did it take them to install and did you have to pay an installation fee with TOT?  My condo told me fibre only goes as far as the ground floor then would use the phone lines up to my room.

Also, I've been googling and can't find an official rep / Line / Facebook page in Pattaya for NT (3BB have stores in Central Festival plus others).  How did you contact them to place the order?

TOT doesn't make anything easy.  There is no interactive website that I know of, I've always had to go to their offices at the intersection of Pattaya Klang & 3rd Rd.  There was an installation charge, around B1000, installed the next day, IRRC.  My fiber line was installed into my 10th floor condo with a router provided.  You can elect to pre-pay for 3, 6, 9, or 12 months of service, the shorter the term, the more the per-month cost.  There is also a farang surcharge.  If you have a Thai partner, you will save considerably if ordered in their name.  There is no billing and little paperwork.  Be sure to save your register receipt as that turned out to be the official contract.  They are not very good communicators for a communications company.  Unlike 3BB, never a notice or text about a projected outage, never any indication of when an outage will be restored.  Outages are not frequent, maybe one every two months, sometimes during intense rainstorms.  Slowdowns do seem to happen often.  I had 3BB in Bangkok and liked it. If I had the choice at the same price, I'd take 3BB but not at double the price...3BB can have it's bad days as well.

Edited by dddave
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dddave said:

TOT doesn't make anything easy.  

???? They did fall at the first hurdle when I tried using their website to check coverage at my address.  The answer was... ไม่สามารถติดต่อระบบได้ในขณะนี้

I'll see if I can motivate myself enough to visit their office in person.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, ed79 said:

???? They did fall at the first hurdle when I tried using their website to check coverage at my address.  The answer was... ไม่สามารถติดต่อระบบได้ในขณะนี้

I'll see if I can motivate myself enough to visit their office in person.

Thanks!

If you are driving yourself, if approaching from 3rd rd north bound, pass through the lights at Pattaya Klang.  The TOT building will be on your left.  There is an entry to a parking lot behind the building.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, ed79 said:

I only pay 590 baht for 1gb from 3BB, is NT only 295 baht, i don't believe it.