Fly zapper

sirineou

Now that that it started raining again, for some reason we are full of flies. (I hate flies) , I was thinking of getting one of those blue light insect zappers, But I know that it mostly kills other beneficial insects, And I was thinking of heting one, removing the lightbulbs and loading it up with fly bait, Perhaps some Issan some tom, with stinky ctap legs ,  It seems to attract every every fly in the province. LOL. Anyway , has anyone tried it ? Or any other advice. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Screen doors, fly screens on the windows?

I got them, The question is not for inside the house

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Exactly. Then all is needed is an electric racquet, or the occasional squirt of fly spray.

7 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Screen doors, fly screens on the windows?

If carma is a thing then I am screwed. I got fly paper, a fly swatter . etc . Wife says I am absessed. And I might be. 

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

There are no beneficial insects inside a home, unless your a gecko.

My bad.

I did not properly explain , the problem is outside . I have a nice outside area under the house and like to sit there , have a nice hot pot diner with friends (Yes I have friends????

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Gone down a different road, I used silicon swimmer's ear plugs and windproof glasses.......they make a huge difference...........not to the fly situation, I just can't hear what the wife is saying.

Been there done that , sooner or later you got to take them off.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I find the sliding fly screens here a bit annoying as they are fitted inside, so when you want to close the windows, you have to open the screens, letting insects in, mental. when in OZ they were fitted outside.

As you rightly say, You can't cure stupid.

• Haha 1

Anyway. I thought one of you FN geniuses would have come up with a creative solution. Looks like I am on my own. Man against fly. 

I have ordered one of those fly zapper contraptions from Lazada and as soon as it arrives I will implement my ingenious plan of combining A fly zapper and stinky fish sauce. Stay tuned. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sirineou said:

like to sit there , have a nice hot pot diner with friends

Perfect buy a bunch of the electric zapping wand and have dinner and fly swatting contest..555

• Haha 1

Try one of these:-

Check out USB Flytrap Rechargeable Automatic Pest Catche...at 32% off!฿144.84 only!Get it on Lazada now! | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.jNYUl

My friend had a similar one, mains powered and a lot heavier, but worked on the same principle. It worked brilliantly, having to be emptied several times a day in the fertiliser season. His cat knocked it off the counter and smashed it, I have never seen the same one for sale since. Having said that, there has never been quite the same need since...the fly population was decimated!

• Like 1

To the OP, the crab shells works quite well. We chuck the carapace, 'dead-mens-fingers' etc in a take-away box with a few drops of that thick stinky fish sauce they use for som-tam, then place an electric racket over the top with some tape holding the ON button.

The little f*****s can't resist it, they keep coming like Wagner mercenaries until, as @Grusa said, you exhaust the local population.

• Love It 2

4 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

To the OP, the crab shells works quite well. We chuck the carapace, 'dead-mens-fingers' etc in a take-away box with a few drops of that thick stinky fish sauce they use for som-tam, then place an electric racket over the top with some tape holding the ON button.

The little f*****s can't resist it, they keep coming like Wagner mercenaries until, as @Grusa said, you exhaust the local population.

Brilliant!! I am going to try it tomorrow

seriously. what a great idea.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

What kind of coins? 

Like I said, I have never tried it but saw many online remarks where it supposedly works. The online articles I've read were using pennies (lowest US coin denomination). But searching Google here's an article where supposedly a woman from the UK says this works. I'm guessing she wasn't using pennies.

I would probably recommend try using all those 25 satang coins you've been saving from Makro... :cheesy:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/cleaning/mums-unbelievable-bag-hack-to-banish-flies-using-no-chemicals-at-all-c-1605153

...and another in Australia:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6694043/Why-putting-coins-inside-zip-lock-bag-filled-water-ultimate-hack.html

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

Anyway. I thought one of you FN geniuses would have come up with a creative solution. Looks like I am on my own. Man against fly. 

I have ordered one of those fly zapper contraptions from Lazada and as soon as it arrives I will implement my ingenious plan of combining A fly zapper and stinky fish sauce. Stay tuned. 

That will attract ants. ( millions of them )

Fly screens, Electric bats,  work great 

Ps I have an electric bat in most rooms of the house.

also a low power bat and  nurses / maids uniform in the bed room.

Edited by quake

On 5/24/2023 at 3:22 PM, sirineou said:

I think your solution will work. But I tried the blue LED kind and the don't work. Only the cylindrical tube UV lights work.

There are some large area uv bulb zappers that are powerful current. I saw them on Lazada or shopee but didn't buy one. I use a smaller tube version which works quite well though.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Their are also yellow bulbs/globes that keep Mozys away, to a mozy they look like fire. I also have a large outside area, I fitted sliding windows as photo, now I can sit outside in rain and driving wind. a new room.

cost 43k

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.f31b34c6f44aab2a690dfdb4b5c68fa0.JPGIMG_1734.thumb.JPG.b70df80fe1c4353b158b78bed8e30457.JPGIMG_1732.thumb.JPG.4ef00ad9ab615f52d547464f00c1da1e.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:23 AM, Will B Good said:

Gone down a different road, I used silicon swimmer's ear plugs and windproof glasses.......they make a huge difference...........not to the fly situation, I just can't hear what the wife is saying.

Still not dug your escape tunnel yet then.

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Their are also yellow bulbs/globes that keep Mozys away, to a mozy they look like fire. I also have a large outside area, I fitted sliding windows as photo, now I can sit outside in rain and driving wind. a new room.

cost 43k

IMG_1725.thumb.JPG.f31b34c6f44aab2a690dfdb4b5c68fa0.JPG

You have a very nice set up. Unfortunately for me The house is not set up in a way that I could screen it in .we also park cars there  Otherwise I would. In Florida where we lived before we came here we had a screened in lanai and we loved hanging out there. But your idea is not bad and  It is probably the only viable solution. I will think about it and see if I can screen in a portion. The more i think of it and look at the picture the more I like your idea. 

home under.jpg

fish pond.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Their are also yellow bulbs/globes that keep Mozys away, to a mozy they look like fire.

PS: Mozies don't bother me. No self respecting mozy will come anywhere near me. :tongue: Seriously where other people get attacked they don]t seem to bother with me.  I read somewhere that it has something to do with body chemistry, which might have something to do with why flies love me ????