Ron DeSantis will launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk

onthedarkside

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Well, the "How it started" and "How it ended" memes usually have the positive take used in "How it started", and then a picture of a dumpster on fire, for "how it ended".

Leave it to DeSantis to start with a dumpster fire.

What a DeSaster!

rondesantisboots (1).jpg

Not sure I see the point here- he is doing what governors do in times of disasters- pressing the flesh and meeting first responders.  Am I missing something?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not sure I see the point here- he is doing what governors do in times of disasters- pressing the flesh and meeting first responders.  Am I missing something?

Well for starters……..abortion,gun control,education,race relations,anti business,I could go on but I’ve got stuff to do

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well for starters……..abortion,gun control,education,race relations,anti business,I could go on but I’ve got stuff to do

Anti business?!?  Florida leads the US in minority and female owned businesses.  There is a net migration INTO Florida from other states of more than 300,000 people per year. 

But yeah, terrible for minorities. So terrible in fact that the chairman of the board for the NAACP lives in Tampa.

And as for education, it only ranked number ONE in the US. 

https://www.tampabay.com/news/2023/05/04/us-news-world-report-higher-education-desantis-florida-ranking-no-1/

51 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Anti business?!?  Florida leads the US in minority and female owned businesses.  There is a net migration INTO Florida from other states of more than 300,000 people per year. 

But yeah, terrible for minorities. So terrible in fact that the chairman of the board for the NAACP lives in Tampa.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/2023/05/04/us-news-world-report-higher-education-desantis-florida-ranking-no-1/

Well sure Ronnie just cost Florida 2,000 white collar jobs +1billion all so he can play mr anti gay (you do know they are a small minority) therefore an easy target and I’m also sure you are well aware that the NAACP have declared Florida as anti minorities and not to travel there as far as migration it’s been the go to place for retirees for decades and decades so what?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

From your link:

"The ranking, announced this week, was largely based on Florida’s public higher education system, which scored above other states on metrics including graduation rates, cost of degrees and student debt. The state’s pre-K-12 system ranked No. 14, based on high school graduation rates, preschool enrollment rates and results of the National Assessment of Educational Progress, among other measurements."

Funny that they didn't use port-graduation employment and income as metrics for the universities, or test scores for the pre-K-12.  

Florida does have good public universities at this time, but DeSantis' interference is just beginning to affect them.  I've met too many Florida high school graduates who are completely baffled by simple arithmetic to have much faith in the K-12 schools.

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Well sure Ronnie just cost Florida 2,000 white collar jobs +1billion all so he can play mr anti gay (you do know they are a small minority) therefore an easy target and I’m also sure you are well aware that the NAACP have declared Florida as anti minorities and not to travel there as far as migration it’s been the go to place for retirees for decades and decades so what?

Did not happen, see other discussion thread. Read past thre headlines.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:20 PM, placeholder said:

Since Trump for obvious reasons isn't available for the job, Desantis chose someone nearly as likely to shoot off his mouth.

Yes a smart guy who understands science, the world and knows what day it is.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The latest cuckoo whacko right wing nut job - Maga fascists may very well be the end of a free and democratic America. 

The hand maids tale springs readily to mind whenever this Desantis fruitcake is mentioned.

Yep

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There seems to be an inflation of "facists" these days.

Sue your teachers, dear leftwingers. You don't know what you're "talking" about.

Hitler’s political career began in 1919, the Holocaust began in 1933.

You’ll not find any “left wingers” apologising for trying to nip the neo-fascist movement in the bud this time around.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Love It 2

33 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There seems to be an inflation of "facists" these days.

Sue your teachers, dear leftwingers. You don't know what you're "talking" about.

The maga movement actually is fascist and that dark reality should be pointed out loud and clear again and again.

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/maga-is-fascism

There is still time to stop them but not much.

Also it's not about left vs  right.

Some if the most important anti maga fascist voices are conservative Republicans.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The maga movement actually is fascist and that dark reality should be pointed out loud and clear again and again.

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/maga-is-fascism

There is still time to stop them but not much.

Also it's not about left vs  right.

Some if the most important anti maga fascist voices are conservative Republicans.

You are actually using..........Steve Schmidt............. as anything other than the sad punchline to a joke?  After the train wreck that was the Lincoln Project?  Come on, man!  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Where do you think MAGA is heading?

Election denial, alternative facts, book banning, religious fundamentalism….?

WTF is Q-Anon, how do you explain that level of idiocy.

What has DeSantis to do with the Q-Anon idiots? What with MAGA?

Not much I would guess.

Desantis is a small, inadequate man playing footsy with a devil (fascism) in order to gain power.

At least he won his last elections with a landslide. But I think, his voters are those who are - according to Hilary Clinton - the deplorables?

DeSantis' Florida seems to be quite popular if you tke a look at the interstate migration in the US.

The Democrats have to win in 2024 or irreversible damage will be done to America.

Thanks to Trump most likely they will.

How much damage they'll do to USA? We will see.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Lebron James is a touch better at basketball than me too.

I think that poster was essentially telling you/us to "Shut up and dribble". ????

I guess we should stop being "bitter and abusive" towards the Florida Man?

Hi I'm Ron from the Navy JAG and I'm here to supervise you're forced feeding, not torture.

59 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Lebron James is a touch better at basketball than me too.

I guess it’s lucky for me I’m not running against fruitcake Ron.

Being irrational and a cult member aptly describes white nationalist, religious nut job MAGA peanuts.

Old man Joe, even in his current “reduced capacity” circumstances is going to beat you wingnuts senseless because what you stand for is unpalatable to rational, non cultist,  sane individuals.

We shall see.  Personally, I think Senator Scott would be a better candidate than DeSantis. Does he also fit conveniently into your little box of slurs?  

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

We shall see.  Personally, I think Senator Scott would be a better candidate than DeSantis. Does he also fit conveniently into your little box of slurs?  

Right. Rick Scott, former CEO of Columbia/HCA

"During Scott's 2000 deposition, he pleaded the Fifth Amendment 75 times.[37] In settlements reached in 2000 and 2002, Columbia/HCA pleaded guilty to 14 felonies and agreed to a $600+ million fine in what was at the time the largest health care fraud settlement in U.S. history. Columbia/HCA admitted systematically overcharging the government by claiming marketing costs as reimbursable, by striking illegal deals with home care agencies, and by filing false data about use of hospital space....

In all, civil lawsuits cost HCA more than $2 billion to settle; at the time, this was the largest fraud settlement in U.S. history.[40][41]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott#:~:text=During his tenure as chief,fraud settlement in U.S. history.

I could definitely come up with a few choice names for Rick Scott. As for them being slurs...I guess that depends on if you think a slur is an unkind name based on reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Right. Rick Scott, former CEO of Columbia/HCA

Pretty sure he meant Tim Scott-R-SC who announced a run for President. He is the other 'bachelor' Senator from South Carolina. He has a huge unspent war chest leftover from his recent Senate reelection.

• Like 1