AIS daily internet on Android?

proton

First time I tried the 24hr service it cut off after 2 hours then drained all my credit. Went into the office got nowhere, that particular package was no longer on the app and they said I must have downloaded too much data, never downloaded anything. They set it up for that day and it worked. Used it a couple of more times as on May first and it lasted the 24 hours. Then yesterday did the 22 baht package as on May first and it cuts off after 4 hours and drains the credit again.

Anyone else this happened to and knows why? and is there a way to stop in draining your credit when it cuts off? 

Screenshot_2023-05-01-08-22-06-992_com.ais.mimo.eservice.jpg

Edited by proton

If you are looking for a solution wherein you credit doesn’t accidentally get used up; consider one of these 30 day packages: https://www.ais.th/package/en/package_net_non_stop.html

Once you click on the link, choose the 30 Day option and the scroll down to the bottom of the page. They keep those packages hidden. Not only will they prevent credit leakage, but they can be used for basic text based communication on their own. Choose 128kbps…

A272433D-61AD-40D3-85A0-EC3BF89D3D24.jpeg

Edited by NextG
  • Like 1

Stop the draining after volume used up?
There are methods to limit mobile data usage with setting on the phone.

I guess this will vary depending on phone model.

I remember from the past that I got a warning message from AIS after 10 Baht drained.

Why you don't get that? No idea.

As others wrote: 800 MB is nothing if you watch video/IPTV etc.

I now have a one year AIS SIM (max 300 Mbit/s) with 70 GB per month.

As I only use it on the road/trips/shopping and rarely doing video stuff I will never eat up the 70 GB (a bit more then 2 GB per day).

1590 Baht/year.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I remember from the past that I got a warning message from AIS after 10 Baht drained.

I now have a one year AIS SIM (max 300 Mbit/s) with 70 GB per month.

As I only use it on the road/trips/shopping and rarely doing video stuff I will never eat up the 70 GB (a bit more then 2 GB per day).

1590 Baht/year.

DTAC have unlimited data(6 Mbps) together with unlimited calls(15 minutes per call) for less than 1200 baht for the 12 month duration. 
For information only..

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think the warning message that 10 Baht have been used will be sent only if you do not have a data package. In this case the 10 Baht are gone within seconds.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I see where I went wrong now. Sometimes I clicked on the 24 hour tab which is only that if you hardly use it, and sometimes on the unlimited tab on the app. In future I will make sure I use the unlimited option and switch it off when not using it. Or the 30 day option.

43 minutes ago, NextG said:

For information only..

I had this the year before and it might be perfect if you live in cities, population centers.

But there is no doubt that the coverage/signal strength of AIS nationwide is still better.

That's why I changed.

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I had this the year before and it might be perfect if you live in cities, population centers.

But there is no doubt that the coverage/signal strength of AIS nationwide is still better.

That's why I changed.

I guessed that might be the case..

On 5/24/2023 at 12:11 PM, proton said:

Thanks for the replies, I see where I went wrong now. Sometimes I clicked on the 24 hour tab which is only that if you hardly use it, and sometimes on the unlimited tab on the app. In future I will make sure I use the unlimited option and switch it off when not using it. Or the 30 day option.

Buy the 30 day pack for 33 baht as a safety net. Then you can add a faster unlimited pack as and when, without worrying about switching data off when it runs out, as it will simply default back to the 30 day 128kbps pack. 

On 5/24/2023 at 10:54 AM, NextG said:

https://m.ais.co.th/package-ontop/?appName=worker&lang=en

Click on the Special Internet Refill tab and choose from there. 

Those prices are much higher than my AIS - I previously bought an unlimited data SIM on Shopee. Mine offers unlimited 30 days for 300THB or 7 days for 70THB. The speeds depend on area, in Bangkok I am limited to 10mbps whereas south Thailand lets me have 60mpbs++.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:41 AM, NextG said:

DTAC have unlimited data(6 Mbps) together with unlimited calls(15 minutes per call) for less than 1200 baht for the 12 month duration. 
For information only..

For sure. Bought one in January off Lazada. No problems at all. Can run videos on my Fire Stick if the net goes off. Well worth it.

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Those prices are much higher than my AIS - I previously bought an unlimited data SIM on Shopee. Mine offers unlimited 30 days for 300THB or 7 days for 70THB. The speeds depend on area, in Bangkok I am limited to 10mbps whereas south Thailand lets me have 60mpbs++.

That’s for new SIM. The OP is has an existing SIM. Your stories of unlimited 60mbps++ are amazing. Next time you are down there on an unlimited package, run a test with the Test My speed test, instead of the ‘rigged’ Speedtest test. 

I just bought a 30 day package 4G pocket wifi from AIS and am most impressed with it.

This is the device I bought:

image.png.0a4a60ace3c26030bb84f314c97fd392.png

And of all these 30 day internet plans available I chose the 850 baht/month 6Mbps unlimited package:

image.png.55f92626751576cc2c7a47a9a7c73a99.png

I tested the download speed in the AIS shop (in Central Festival Pattaya) using testmy.net to Japan and I got 4Mbps... good enough, so I thought.

I went home and I connected to my home TOT (now known as NT) fiber based network wifi and got 8.7Mbps download speed from London.

I then connected to the AIS 4G Pocket wifi and got 28.6Mbps download speed from London.

Very impressive!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Encid said:

I just bought a 30 day package 4G pocket wifi from AIS and am most impressed with it.

This is the device I bought:

image.png.0a4a60ace3c26030bb84f314c97fd392.png

And of all these 30 day internet plans available I chose the 850 baht/month 6Mbps unlimited package:

image.png.55f92626751576cc2c7a47a9a7c73a99.png

I tested the download speed in the AIS shop (in Central Festival Pattaya) using testmy.net to Japan and I got 4Mbps... good enough, so I thought.

I went home and I connected to my home TOT (now known as NT) fiber based network wifi and got 8.7Mbps download speed from London.

I then connected to the AIS 4G Pocket wifi and got 28.6Mbps download speed from London.

Very impressive!

If you are showing 28.6 via Test My, you should check whether you are utilising any free high speed allowance. Some AIS SIM will give you a few GB when you top up. When used up it will default to the capped speed. 
Any reason why you chose 6Mbps for 909.50 baht, instead of 20Mbps for 300 baht?

Edited by NextG

Just now, NextG said:

Any reason why you chose 6Mbps for 909.50 baht, instead of 20Mbps for 300 baht?

There is no 30 day 20Mbps package for 300 baht.

The package I bought was the 30 day unlimited download volume internet at 6Mbps download speed.

I don't need faster at this time... maybe later, and then I will probably upgrade the pocket router to a full sized TP-Link router that can support my home mesh wifi.

Check it out here and click on 30 days to see what is available.

Just now, NextG said:

Some AIS SIM will give you a few GB when you top up. When used up it will default to the capped speed. 

I am a new AIS customer... the SIM was a new purchase, not a top up.

How do I check how many GB have been used?

And why would I?

There is no limit on this package!

28 minutes ago, Encid said:

There is no 30 day 20Mbps package for 300 baht.

The package I bought was the 30 day unlimited download volume internet at 6Mbps download speed.

I don't need faster at this time... maybe later, and then I will probably upgrade the pocket router to a full sized TP-Link router that can support my home mesh wifi.

Check it out here and click on 30 days to see what is available.

I am a new AIS customer... the SIM was a new purchase, not a top up.

How do I check how many GB have been used?

And why would I?

There is no limit on this package!

Okay… you know better  ☺️(or at least you think you do). 

Meanwhile in the real world… https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/ซิมเทพ-ais-เน็ต-20-mbps/

Just now, NextG said:

Okay… you know better  ☺️(or at least you think you do). 

Meanwhile in the real world… https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/ซิมเทพ-ais-เน็ต-20-mbps/

Those packages are not available at the AIS shop.

They probably expire at the end of 30 days which means that you will have to buy a new SIM and reset your router and wifi user/password accounts every month.

20 minutes ago, Encid said:

Those packages are not available at the AIS shop.

They probably expire at the end of 30 days which means that you will have to buy a new SIM and reset your router and wifi user/password accounts every month.

Is it compulsory to buy from the “AIS shop”? ????

They run for six months. You really seem to like to make it up as you go along…

Plenty of 10-20mbps unlimited monthly plans for 200-300 baht on Shopee. If DTAC just run a search of "20mbps dtac unlimited" and search for activation codes looking at pictures of the reviewers. Speed might drop a bit during peak hours occasionally but pretty consistent otherwise.

1mbps at 350 baht sounds like an outright scam to me. Can choose true or ais too.

6 minutes ago, VictorInBKK said:

Plenty of 10-20mbps unlimited monthly plans for 200-300 baht on Shopee. If DTAC just run a search of "20mbps dtac unlimited" and search for activation codes looking at pictures of the reviewers. Speed might drop a bit during peak hours occasionally but pretty consistent otherwise.

1mbps at 350 baht sounds like an outright scam to me. Can choose true or ais too.

374.50…

5 hours ago, VictorInBKK said:

DTAC has 30 Mbps down available; both monthly and 12 monthly. 

22 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

This is very helpful for those who have a good AIS connection (the majority) and a much less good (if any) DTAC signal!

The people who need AIS will refer to the link I produced for the AIS 20Mbps SIMs, rather than commenting spuriously to replies meant for someone else discussing DTAC offerings. 

Edited by NextG

40 minutes ago, NextG said:

The people who need AIS will refer to the link I produced for the AIS 20Mbps SIMs, rather than commenting spuriously to replies meant for someone else discussing DTAC offerings. 

Did you notice the thread title?

13 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Did you notice the thread title?

Yes, I am.  I responded to a post suggesting a search for ‘20Mbps DTAC unlimited’, as there is no such animal; DTAC have only 30Mbps & 15Mbps. 
Of course, if you weren’t simply trying to bait, you would have noticed that. Your childish and unhelpful behaviour here is all too apparent. You haven’t contributed anything useful to this thread. I don’t mind if you like to make yourself look bad. 
Others can decide as to whose posts are useful and whose are useless. 

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

This is very helpful for those who have a good AIS connection (the majority) and a much less good (if any) DTAC signal!

And this is exactly why I was interested in this topic... where we are building in Isaan the DTAC coverage is very poor and the signal quite often drops out entirely.

AIS has much better coverage in the majority of Isaan.

Fiber Cable or Broadband services are not available either where we are building so a 4G solution is what I was looking for.