Body found in Thailand forest wearing someone else’s school uniform

snoop1130

image-2023-05-24T142615.453.jpg

A man searching for wild mushrooms discovered a corpse wearing a high schooler’s gym shirt in a forest in Chanthaburi province in central Thailand today.

Officers at Mueang Chanthaburi Police Station were informed that a local man found the body of a man wearing a gym shirt from a famous high school in a ditch in the forest in Moo 14, Khlong Narai subdistrict, Mueang district. Police travelled to the scene with rescue workers and forensic doctors from Prapokklao Hospital.

About 200 metres from the main road, police found the body of a man in a ditch expected to have died three to four days prior. Next to his body, police found a rope knotted into a noose which they confiscated as evidence.

The deceased was wearing black shorts and a blue high school gym shirt embroidered with a surname, so the police made a phone call to the school. Much to the police’s dismay, staff at the school informed them that the shirt’s owner – a high school student – was very much alive.

By leah

Top photo caption: Photo via KhaoSod

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/body-found-in-thailand-forest-wearing-someone-elses-school-uniform

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

Wild guess here but it does seem suspicious that a dead guy has a gym shirt from a famous school with a specific guys name on it but that guy doesn't know anything. He never loans his shirts or clothes to anyone. Hmmm let's see how long that story holds up

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Could have been nicked off a clothesline/or air drying rack & not missed until the next sport day....

I believe the kid said he wasn't missing any clothes. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I believe the kid said he wasn't missing any clothes. 

How would he know?

My son didn't do the laundry and never even bothered to tell me about the holes in his shoes until his feet got wet.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is not suspicious to me at all. My son who has now left M6 used to kend his school clothes to his mates if they stayed overnight, and they would lend him stuff if he stayed at their house. Quite a common experience to me.

What do you do with school uniforms, especially shirts with names embroidered, when the child grows out of them.

I have 5 sets of white shirts and black shorts, 3 sets of gym blues, 2 sets of black shoes and an army cadet uniform including the boots to get rid of.

That's not what the story stated. I have no idea how the older man got a high school sport shirt but he got it from somewhere and the kid claims he doesn't lend and isn't missing any so I say the story sounds odd

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How would he know?

My son didn't do the laundry and never even bothered to tell me about the holes in his shoes until his feet got wet.

So you have an irresponsible kid. Has nothing to do with this story 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

That's not what the story stated. I have no idea how the older man got a high school sport shirt but he got it from somewhere and the kid claims he doesn't lend and isn't missing any so I say the story sounds odd

Sounds obvious to me

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

So you have an irresponsible kid. Has nothing to do with this story 

It has everything to do with this story. You are just using a newspaper report, and I am talking from personal experience of real life

Actually I have a very responsible son. I used to do the laundry for the 3 of us and his ironing. I am ex military and used to do it for 20 odd years for myself.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It has everything to do with this story. You are just using a newspaper report, and I am talking from personal experience of real life

Actually I have a very responsible son. I used to do the laundry for the 3 of us and his ironing. I am ex military and used to do it for 20 odd years for myself.

Good for you and thanks for your service but again your experience implies your son isn't by your own comments. Either way your life and experience isn't part of this story and has nothing to do with this story. 

More may come out that the kid know the dead guy in some way, was involved in some way, really knew the guy and is scared, who knows or the story may evaporate like usual. It's just an odd scenerio and if you dont think it's odd great, I think there's more. 

End of discussion with you on this 

Edited by Dan O
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

So if people disagree with you, you won't discuss it with them any more? My opinion is worth as much as yours, and is not a childish response like yours.

Mine is based on 12 years practical experience and yours is based on a translated newspaper report without any personal knowledge.

Hahahaha, and your comments are based on non related personal experience that applies only to you and has no basis to the story but your trying to insert it there as fact or proof of something.   

It's a public forum, I post my comments and you post yours.

If we dont agree that's fine but I'm not required to take your own unrelated life and accept it for the facts of what happened instead of the news that was posted.  I don't think so.

As I said we disagree and there is no reason to continue to talk to you about this topic. 

Have a good day 

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have 5 sets of white shirts and black shorts, 3 sets of gym blues, 2 sets of black shoes, about 6 pairs of white socks and an army cadet uniform including the boots to get rid of.

Open a fancy dress shop... 

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a local man found the body of a man wearing a gym shirt from a famous high school in a ditch in the forest

Was the famous high school local to Chantaburi or was it in another province and some distance from the scene?

Maybe a "sex game" gone wrong?

Whatever, as a former UK forensic scientist, visiting the scene would have been interesting.

RIP Gym Shirt Man.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stoner said:

he must of hung himself then took the nose off and lay it on the ground beside himself. 

He must have hanged himself then taken the noose off and laid it on the ground beside himself.

Edited by bradiston