Isaan hard to like after 3 months

bignok

23 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed. I lived in the western extremities of Khon Kaen Province near Chumphae and Phu Wiang. Between the two were the mountains of the Phu Wiang National Park. Also in the region was the Ubonrat Lake (reservoir and dam) which had lakeside resorts including Pattaya 2. Photos of Phu Wiang National Park and Ubonrat Lake.

เปิดอุทย... - อุทยานแห่งชาติภูเวียง - Phu Wiang National Park | Facebook

Ubonrat Dam, Khon Kaen - Review of Ubol Ratana Dam, Ubolratana, Thailand -  Tripadvisor

Wow! Location is everything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reginald Prewster said:

As I fully moved to Isaan Pattaya became for me like a shock of my past.

All these warm hearted and helpful people asking for nothing but a meal, standing in the kitchen together and after sitting all together and yek yek with lots of laughing...

In the background a crowing rooster, some hens, a few birds singing and a barking frog in the lake..

Countryside:

I asked at the immigration for a work permit helping my wife on the farm. 

The answer was, no Sir, you can help your wife but not outside your farm.

Look, you are married and need to help your wife like all husband do, she cannot do alone.. 

But not outside the Farm, then you need work permit... 

Pattaya:

...after got trouble for no work permit, helping my wife in the garden... 

It was Friday, 20.000 Baht or Prison till Monday.. 

I felt locked in a golden cage... 

(Just one example why I changed to the better - in my oppinion)

Thanks for your info. The scaremongers always try to worry you about this. There is such a concept as assisting your wife in her business. It is perfectly natural and reasonable.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, Hummin said:

It is a decent life ????

How woulld you know? 

Your post count is typically high for jungle boys. It's fair to say your not hiking through the jungle everyday but more craving conversation with your own people . It's a lonely existance 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Your post count is typically high for jungle boys. It's fair to say your not hiking through the jungle everyday but more craving conversation with your own people . It's a lonely existance 

I wish you did know more about me and the life I had and the life I have now, but if that is your image of me, I couldnt care less. 

We all create our own illusions, and some like to think others do not have a life at all. Could it be a mirror effect? 

For me, living in any Tourist destination is not anything I want, but I do visit on holidays, or passing by on one of my motorbikes quite often.

Have a good day sir

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 6:56 PM, jerrymahoney said:

I have lived at or near both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans California (Pt. Reyes) and Florida (Melbourne).

I don't need to be near (as some insist on calling it ) the Thai Ocean.

A minimum 25 meter salt water pool does it for me.

Lucky man to live in Point Reyes, beautiful part of the world.

I was a pauper and lived in Santa Rosa, couldn't afford the Marin stratosphere let alone the national seashore

17 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Undeveloped is charming. Why do so many people want Thai towns to be just like towns in the west, plus extra temples of course. 

Khon Kaen has a Central Mall. It is nothing like the west.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

I wish you did know more about me and the life I had and the life I have now, but if that is your image of me, I couldnt care less. 

We all create our own illusions, and some like to think others do not have a life at all. Could it be a mirror effect? 

For me, living in any Tourist destination is not anything I want, but I do visit on holidays, or passing by on one of my motorbikes quite often.

Have a good day sir

Fair enough 

3 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Undeveloped is charming. Why do so many people want Thai towns to be just like towns in the west, plus extra temples of course. 

Rubbish!

I can’t think of any Thai town that resembles anywhere I have been in the west.

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2023 at 7:09 AM, bignok said:

Nong Khai has potential but its not there. It needs a Central Mall. It needs some more temples.

Do you really need more ... ????

... or was that sarcasm 

image.png.4d5c327ddc0d94a594d55815e5be3f21.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1