Russian Motorbike Rider Fined 5,000 Baht After Being Caught Doing Wheelies in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Rawai – A Russian motorbike rider was fined 5,000 baht after he was caught on camera while doing wheelies on a road in Rawai, Phuket.

The Phuket Provincial Police told the Phuket Express about the incident on Saturday (May 27th). Photos of a foreign rider who was doing wheelies on Sai Yaun Road had gone viral on Thai social media earlier this week and enraged Thai nationals who demanded the rider be found and arrested.

The Chalong Police continued their investigation and have identified the rider as Mr. Anatolii Shatalov, 26, a Russian national.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/05/27/russian-motorbike-rider-fined-5000-baht-after-being-caught-doing-wheelies-in-phuket/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

From the video I cant really tell exactly where he is, was he going up and down and doing it many times? I could make 10 video's like that, It does seem like targeting certain nationalities, 

Whether you like the Russians or not they are spending a lot of money in the area and there is lots here in Rawai,

A couple of months back the restaurants were full of them and they are paying the inflated rents, I would say dont pi$$ them of to much, 

Low season is upon us, still many here, They spend more money than the Chinese in my experience, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Bad location for that. If he really wants to, go to Viset racing circuit, not in Sai Yuan Road.

They go round in the loop up Viset road turn left onto Sai Yuan, left down towards the beach then left again to Rawai, back up Viset Road, I can hear them in the night if Im sat outside under the moonlight, 

54 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They go round in the loop up Viset road turn left onto Sai Yuan, left down towards the beach then left again to Rawai, back up Viset Road, I can hear them in the night if Im sat outside under the moonlight, 

So as I said, he should have made his wheelies on Viset Road.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Should we now see Thai’s fined 5000 baht for jumping red-lights... doing wheelies etc ???...  It won’t happen of course. 

Seen Thais run red lights. Not seen a wheelie. Most Thais go slow.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, quake said:
3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not true. I've never seen a Thai do wheelies on scooters.

Your joking right ?:cheesy:

Why should he be joking? I've never seen a Thai do a wheelie or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

You are trolling, stop it

No buddy. I have been all over Thailand. Never seen a wheelie from a Thai on a scooter. I see them cut people off and do risky moves but not wheelies.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Why should he be joking? I've never seen a Thai do a wheelie or anyone else for that matter. 

Exactly. Wheelies are a western thing. Thais dart in and out of traffic without looking as in a hurry. Wheelies no as they are usually busy and not on holidays clowning around.

• Confused 3

There is only one way to stop this type of behaviour......deport every offender, every single time.......most bar bills are more than this fine.

Would you be doing wheelies if the outcome was a trip to the Eastern front?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

There is only one way to stop this type of behaviour......deport every offender, every single time.......most bar bills are more than this fine.

Would you be doing wheelies if the outcome was a trip to the Eastern front?

I agree. Fine 10,000 baht, deport them. Banned for 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

I agree. Fine 10,000 baht, deport them. Banned for 3 years. 

YES........It's a no brainer......everyone else benefits.......if one of these idiots veered off they would kill innocent bystanders......but people don't seem to care.