Internet Providers in Jomtien / Pattaya

On 5/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

I have widely good experience with 3BB over the last view years, but in Naklua, nit Jomtien.

I switched from TOT because of it's very bad service and many downtimes, but things maybe have changed since.

I'm back.

I have some time to look into this.

My current NT DSL is down (for a very long time) so I'm using USB tethering to my phone.

But can't download torrents at least with my current AIS mobile package.

I would be interested in 3BB (now AIS) but not possible where I live. 

On 5/30/2023 at 5:55 AM, LOG54 said:

Hello

Jomtien side, extremely happy with 3BB for 8 years..I have 3BB fiber for 4 years..excellent service, reliable and problems quickly solved.

I moved 3 months back and contacted them asking how to do. They asked when I moved and told me to go from my condo with the router and to be at 9 o clock in new condo..They were there, fixed the router..I had internet till last minute in previous condo, and from 1st minute in new one

Have a good day

3BB sounds good, thanks for the feedback, but not an option for me.

On 5/31/2023 at 7:34 PM, NewGuy said:

Please reconsider not using a V.P.N. I have ExpressVPN and it suits me fine with N.T. Adsl router to my laptop and True service to my IPad.

I am considering but never an issue so far (TOT then NT DSL).

On 6/1/2023 at 8:02 AM, Gsxrnz said:

I've used Sophon Broadband for over 10 years.  There office is on Pattaya Tai towards the Third Road end.

690 Baht for 20Mbps.  Rarely goes offline and then usually because some numpty has toppled a pole somewhere.

They are quick to answer the phone and can actually tell you why the system is down.  On two occasions (in 10 years) they were unable to resolve my outage issues and were at my house to check the router the same day.

Good for some to know. Sophon not an option for me.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:22 AM, bobbin said:

Interesting.. i missed this.

I recently upgraded to 3BB Fiber. 1GB up 500 down. 747baht/month. Happy.

I also have an AIS package that gives me unlimited data on my phone at 10Mbs. Enough speed for downloading torrents. A neighbour has dispensed with in-home internet and just casts Netflix etc. to their television. The phone can also be setup as a hotspot for connecting to a laptop.

Easy peasy..

I have AIS on my phone USB tethered to my PC for now. Torrents don't work at all. Messages like several weeks, never goes lower, never downloads anything, is my plan just BLOCKING them? 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, Richard 2020 said:

I switched from 3BB to TOT because 3BB does not put fiber in condos!

Top Service Only call 1888!
In 3 years almost no failures,except for construction work and their accidents!
Stable 1000/500 line even with VPS no problems!

This is what I'm probably going to do.

I'm waiting for my TOT/NT DSL to be fixed if ever, but my best option will be upgrading TOT/NT fiber. 

There is another reason I'm waiting which I'll post about later.

Edited by Jingthing

On 6/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, Peterw42 said:

People appear to be unaware, when it comes to internet in condos, most of the time it comes down to which company ran cables into the building during construction. Most condo blocks have one provider and that's it, there is no choice.

Even if you do live somewhere with a choice of provider, they are all the same, same speeds same prices etc.

If something is slow downloading or streaming, 99% of the time that's the sender or the broader internet outside of Thailand.

Yeah generally we don't have all the choices, or many choices at all, if we want wired/fiber.

On 6/4/2023 at 8:46 AM, Mickeymaus said:

I doubt that you will experience any difference between the 1 Gbps and the 300 Mbps. You are simply wasting money. Okay, if you have many users like a company or a hotel then this will make a difference. Otherwise a complete overkill.

I had 3BB VDSL for 631 a month (no other easy option here at my condo complex). You get speeds about 60 down. Now I have a Thunder SIM with unlimited speed and data and a SIM router. 999 Baht a year (83.25 a month) and get download speeds of up to 150 Mbps. And I can use it outside my home too. I wasted a lot of money with my 3BB VDSL. Now, such a SIM is not for everyone a good idea (depends on the devices and VERY MUCH on the location). But look what speeds you really need and compare prices. Helps to keep a healthy competition alive. And you don't throw your money away.

I am interested in trying out the SIM router option, something I didn't know was an option before.

But I really know nothing about it. 

I'm going to post about my needs and maybe you or someone else who's knowledgeble can help me figure out what to buy.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I am interested in trying out the SIM router option, something I didn't know was an option before.

But I really know nothing about it. 

I'm going to post about my needs and maybe you or someone else who's knowledgeble can help me figure out what to buy.

Find his previous thread for all the info - it's in the IT and Computers section.

Please don't make him repeat it all ????.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, as I've led up to this, here goes.

I'm interested in trying out a SIM router solution, see if it works for me, before possibly going for TOT/NT fiber later (if it doesn't).

I want to get it right the first time so preferably I'll be able to choose a good fit router and SIM without expensive trial and error.

Basically my needs for this possible SIM card router

Connect to PC

Connect to my Android box on TV

could be wire connect or wireless

Need ethernet port for a VOIP phone

Internet use 

lots of surfing on PC

HIGH PRIORITY: download torrents

youtube on the TV from Android box

HIGH PRIORITY: Stremio on the TV from Android box

Youtube streaming doesn't need much speed.

As far as torrents and Stemio I do need decent speed.

Not sure what number that is exactly.

I don't need well seeded torrents to download in seconds.

Just a reasonable amount of time but of course the faster the better

I don't mind a little overkill in speed (with the added cost) which would be better than too slow. 

I'm concerned about which SIM cards might just block or slow down torrents.

As I said before my AIS plan on my phone seems to be blocking them with USB tethering.

As far as the router I would prefer easy to use of course for setting up. 

As far as the SIM I assume it would be some kind of annual plan bought on Lazada.

There are likely things I'm not mentioning or asking about because I don't know enough to do so.

If people would be so kind as to steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

So the idea here is SPECIFIC suggestions for SIM routers and SIMs to buy, if at all possible.

6 minutes ago, treetops said:

Find his previous thread for all the info - it's in the IT and Computers section.

Please don't make him repeat it all ????.

A good suggestion but perhaps my specific needs as posted above will be relevant. I'm not looking to become an expert. My dream is for someone knowledgeable to tell me what to buy, ha ha.

Of course I have no interest in hooking a phone up to a router. I know that's possible with some phones/routers.

But with a SIM card router there's a slot for the SIM. 

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, LOG54 said:

Hello

It is false to say that 3BB doesn t provide fiber in condos.. I had 3bb fiber in my previous condo in Najomtien and have it in the condo I live now in Ban Amphur

Have a good day

That sounds correct.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, as I've led up to this, here goes.

I'm interested in trying out a SIM router solution, see if it works for me, before possibly going for TOT/NT fiber later (if it doesn't).

I want to get it right the first time so preferably I'll be able to choose a good fit router and SIM without expensive trial and error.

Basically my needs for this possible SIM card router

Connect to PC

Connect to my Android box on TV

could be wire connect or wireless

Need ethernet port for a VOIP phone

Internet use 

lots of surfing on PC

HIGH PRIORITY: download torrents

youtube on the TV from Android box

HIGH PRIORITY: Stremio on the TV from Android box

Youtube streaming doesn't need much speed.

As far as torrents and Stemio I do need decent speed.

Not sure what number that is exactly.

I don't need well seeded torrents to download in seconds.

Just a reasonable amount of time but of course the faster the better

I don't mind a little overkill in speed (with the added cost) which would be better than too slow. 

I'm concerned about which SIM cards might just block or slow down torrents.

As I said before my AIS plan on my phone seems to be blocking them with USB tethering.

As far as the router I would prefer easy to use of course for setting up. 

As far as the SIM I assume it would be some kind of annual plan bought on Lazada.

There are likely things I'm not mentioning or asking about because I don't know enough to do so.

If people would be so kind as to steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

So the idea here is SPECIFIC suggestions for SIM routers and SIMs to buy, if at all possible.

All of this is a waste of time, until you actually test for speed from the

available networks. Once you have found the best for your location, at that point you can select a modem. Anything else would be pure guesswork. 
You haven’t even posted results from your current SIM. 
So to save everyone else’s time, name your phone and run the tests. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I am considering but never an issue so far (TOT then NT DSL).

Clearly an issue for you with AIS mobile

I don’t have any issues with using AIS mobile for Torrents, but then I use another method. 

2 hours ago, LOG54 said:

Hello

It is false to say that 3BB doesn t provide fiber in condos.. I had 3bb fiber in my previous condo in Najomtien and have it in the condo I live now in Ban Amphur

Have a good day

3BB provides fiber to condos - if it is possible. You have to clarify this with them and also how much the installation will cost. I had 3BB VDSL that uses the copper wires of the old phone line. No installation necessary because these cables were there already.

15 minutes ago, NextG said:

All of this is a waste of time, until you actually test for speed from the

available networks. Once you have found the best for your location, at that point you can select a modem. Anything else would be pure guesswork. 
You haven’t even posted results from your current SIM. 
So to save everyone else’s time, name your phone and run the tests. 

Exactly. I had SIMs that had poor performance in my condo but good speeds in a condo of a friend of mine that was about 50 meters away and 2 floors higher. But some SIMs were better in my condo. And not only the condo makes a difference. Even the location inside the condo. Is the router next to a window? Or other things like walls can make a difference.

• Thanks 1

I am pretty sure that AIS mobile is completely blacking torrent downloads.

Everything else works fine including youtube streaming. A friend told me some mobile Sims block torrent downloads if using USB toggle which is what I'm using now as stopgap.

Its not about Slow torrent dl speeds.

It's about NO speed at all.

I did test on speed test and got a 27.

I am not looking to usb toggle a phone as my solution. 

I want to see if I can make a sim card router work for me but again I don't know which router and Sim to buy.

By now I do understand that whatever I buy might be inadequate based on the router sim and my specific location. 

But surely there's a good bet way to try ss far as which router and simcard to buy?

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Everything else works fine including youtube streaming. A friend told me some mobile Sims block torrent downloads if using USB toggle which is what I'm using now as stopgap.

I want to see if I can make a sim card router work for me but again I don't know which router and Sim to buy.

By now I do understand that whatever I buy might be inadequate based on the router sim and my specific location. 

But surely there's a good bet way to try ss far as which router and simcard to buy?

27Mbps on which AIS package?

Use https://testmy.net/ rather than Speedtest..

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks.

I will.

I have Mao Mao unlimited net

4 Mbps

Download 5.3

But that is on my phone. 

Not tethered at the moment. 

27Mbps on a 4Mbps connection ???? Impressive ☺️ Obviously not a reliable test for capped speed plans. 
Your choice for AIS is 15 Mbps with a 100 GB per month limitation. 
For Unlimited, you will have to test DTAC, Truemove H and/or NT Wireless(Thunder) at your location. 

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

27Mbps on a 4Mbps connection ???? Impressive ☺️ Obviously not a reliable test for capped speed plans. 
Your choice for AIS is 15 Mbps with a 100 GB per month limitation. 
For Unlimited, you will have to test DTAC, Truemove H and/or NT Wireless(Thunder) at your location. 

Maybe that 27 was wrong or I read it wrong. 

That was on tether using speedtest.

I need to test again using test.my.

I'm honestly at a loss at how to speed test a bunch of routers and a bunch of Sims without buying a bunch of routers and a bunch of Sims.

So for my need is it impossible to come up with a good chance bet sim router and Sim for my needs?

Sorry if I am slow on this stuff. It's new to me.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe that 27 was wrong or I read it wrong. 

That was on tether using speedtest.

I need to test again using test.my.

You don’t need to…we already know you have a capped speed 4Mbps plan…

You can add a ‘max speed pack’ *777*7541# giving you 150MB of data for 10.7 baht if you want to test for how much you can get on your current phone. Though not much point unless you are happy to have a 100GB per month limitation. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm honestly at a loss at how to speed test a bunch of routers and a bunch of Sims without buying a bunch of routers and a bunch of Sims.

So for my need is it impossible to come up with a good chance bet sim router and Sim for my needs?

Sorry if I am slow on this stuff. It's new to me.

You are making things up. No one has suggested that you test any routers. You just made that up. 
Don’t over-complicate. You need to test SIMs with your current phone(which you have also failed to name this far). 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

You don’t need to…we already know you have a capped speed 4Mbps plan…

You can add a ‘max speed pack’ *777*7541# giving you 150MB of data for 10.7 baht if you want to test for how much you can get on your current phone. Though not much point unless you are happy to have a 100GB per month limitation. 

I am not.

Again my current ais sim in my phone is only a stopgap for tethering as my usual dsl has been down for several days and maybe permanently 

So I'm not married to AIS except for my phone.

Again I am looking for a good bet sim card router and Sim to try out that way of net access.

I understand it might not be good but I have no idea how else to try this.

Edited by Jingthing

I am not.

Again my current ais sim in my phone is only a stopgap for tethering as my usual dsl has been down for several days and maybe permanently 

So I'm not married to AIS except for my phone.

Again I am looking for a good bet sim card router and Sim to try out that way of net access.

I understand it might not be good but I have no idea how else to try this.

Go to the mall with your passport or order a Truemove H and DTAC SIM online. Stick them in your phone and run speed tests. The one that shows the best performance is the one you should choose for a 12 month unlimited SIM. 
Of course if you cannot be bothered, then but whatever you want and wish yourself good luck. Third time in asking about your phone… I won’t ask again. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

Go to the mall with your passport or order a Truemove H and DTAC SIM online. Stick them in your phone and run speed tests. The one that shows the best performance is the one you should choose for a 12 month unlimited SIM. 
Of course if you cannot be bothered, then but whatever you want and wish yourself good luck. Third time in asking about your phone… I won’t ask again. 

Thank you.

That's a good start.

So you're suggesting not buying a year plan right away it seems.

So let's say I pick a SIM  then how to buy a good router for it?

It sounds like you're angry and I don't know why.

I thought I have been responding to you.

I have no idea what you asked about my phone that I didn't answer.

Regrets if there has been  a miscommunication.

Edited by Jingthing

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thank you.

That's a good start.

So you're suggesting not buying a year plan right away it seems.

So let's say I pick a SIM  then how to buy a good router for it?

It sounds like you're angry and I don't know why.

I thought I have been responding to you.

I have no idea what you asked about my phone that I didn't answer.

Regrets if there has been  a miscommunication.

Go back to my very first post to you on this thread…