Combination method: money on the bank combined with pensions to reach to 800000 per year retirementvisum

When applying for the initial Non O visa, there is zero chance of using the combination method unless you can get an income letter from your embassy. If you can get an income letter, check with your local immigration office to see if they will accept the combination for the Non O visa application. Most often, they will not, but some will.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Any combination which totals up to 800,000 THB is, in theory acceptable. But as @DrJack54 points out above, some offices are more accommodating than others.

Yes. I made a point of asking at one renewal if my bank book and letter would suffice to do the income method ( as the US embassy et al won’t do an affidavit) and was assured it should be fine.

One year later and the SP office has moved and income method will NOT be accepted without embassy approval. 
The only consistency sometimes seems to be inconsistency.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Is there an official recognized combination????

To my knowledge, you bank deposit cannot be below 400.000 baht.

However, as already said, some immigration offices might not accept the combination method, and you shall not expect to be able to use it at the first extension of stay, as you need to show one year of combined transfers and bank deposit.