Elderly Man Shoots New Homeowner Dead over Eviction Dispute, Stages 8-Hour Standoff

webfact

34 minutes ago, itsari said:

The unfortunate buyer perhaps should of followed the law and obtained a court order to evict the previous owner .

The result is what can happen when you do not follow the law when evicting people . 

Good for you.

Blame the innocent victim who did not follow the law, and was murdered by somebody who simply ignored the law.

BTW how do YOU know that she did not follow the law?

Just now, billd766 said:

Good for you.

Blame the innocent victim who did not follow the law, and was murdered by somebody who simply ignored the law.

BTW how do YOU know that she did not follow the law?

Good for you too .

How do know that she followed the eviction law ?

As I said the unfortunate woman has tackled the unwanted resident in the wrong way .

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, itsari said:

Good for you too .

As I said the unfortunate woman has tackled the unwanted resident in the wrong way .

She followed the law the completely. Full details of the story all over Thai media, TV etc.
She engaged with the man and he claimed on several occasions that he had family members who would buy the property back from her. She gave him opportunities to do this and followed all legal steps that she should have done. The problem for her was that the officials who should have dealt with the problem didn't do so. She'd met and communicated with him before but on this occasion it turned out fatal for her. The woman's daughter also lost her father just a few months ago.  

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Good for you too .

Still not showing any sympathy for the innocent murdered victim I see.

She was claiming her RIGHTS as the owner of the property no matter how many times you bleat that the law is the law.

It might well be IF both parties adhere to the law. However one party didn't and an innocent victim was murdered, and for what?

Misplaced pride, face?

The house is mine and nobody else can have it?

It is about time that you grew up and faced reailty.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Still not showing any sympathy for the innocent murdered victim I see.

She was claiming her RIGHTS as the owner of the property no matter how many times you bleat that the law is the law.

It might well be IF both parties adhere to the law. However one party didn't and an innocent victim was murdered, and for what?

Misplaced pride, face?

The house is mine and nobody else can have it?

It is about time that you grew up and faced reailty.

Reality of your criticism is unfounded and unwarranted.

As I said the unfortunate woman has been a victim of her own desire to have the previous owner evicted .

Knocking at the door personally is not the way to do it .

16 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Thailand has almost 0 senior support. Basically if you have not worked for the government and paid in you are screwed. Not to mention most cannot see past their front door to save for retirement. That is why the kids end up caring for the elderly. If no kids, then it's hand to mouth.

Government needs to set up a social program and force them to pay into it. 

If you take a look at the rest of the world I think you can see the same thing.  Most people today are living day to day and looking for government assistance to keep them.

There is no courses or classes in money taught in schools and that is the shame.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Really have you been out asking All Thais ? or is it just the Thais You mix with? I have found Hardly anyone who does not no the difference.

Go figure.

You're living in a country, where bikes (full cash price THB 47'000) cost THB 1'500/monthly - for the next 72 months; for good measure the finance company is kind enough to throw in a bike to ease the pain 8-). MLR hovered between 6% - 8% on a mortgage of a million while the collateral was worth 150% - now you go and figure! 

On 5/31/2023 at 1:59 PM, phitsanulokjohn said:

It appears all down to Decha and his financial distress,but unfortunately he's made everyone suffer for it,including killing an innocent lady who's only activity was to purchase a foreclosed house.

R.I.P.

I don't see her as 'innocent'.

A man's home is his castle, best not to bother him.

20 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

You're right, there is a difference between a mortgage and a consumer credit. Here in Thailand though you hardly find anyone who knows the difference and a mortgage at close to 10% annually is higher than a consumer credit in most European countries. So, in all fairness, the banks/finance companies borrow you money and throw in, for good measure, a house, bike or a car ....... 

Mortgage rate is 5.6%, not all that close to 10%