More rains expected across Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Almost every region of Thailand will continue to experience heavy precipitation, according to the Meteorological Department (TMD).

The weather agency said a medium to strong southwesterly monsoon prevailing over Thailand and a low-pressure system over the western side of the country’s central region are currently causing thunderstorms and heavy rains in the lower north, the central region, the Greater Bangkok Area, the east, and the south.

Communities in the affected areas are warned against strong winds and lightning.

The Ministry of Interior in the meantime said it is well equipped to assist affected people. Deputy Minister of Interior Narit Khumnurak said the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has enough funding and capacity to assist those in need, with a nationwide network of disaster response teams on standby. The ministry has notified officials in high-risk areas of potential hazards.

by Paphamon Arayasukawat

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230531095624240

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-05-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

?

And my usual sources (European Weather Center and others) say: nothing for our area, close to nothing for Pattaya?

Burning afternoon sun here yesterday. Merely a cloud.

Check back in four days.

Here:

rainhere.jpg

Pattaya:

rainpattaya.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've often wondered if the Thai Meteorology Department is the worst weather forecasting entity on the planet... They would certainly seem to be in the running...

Yes, Bangkok had a bit of a rain shower yesterday evening. Wasn't that heavy and didn't last that long, here in central BKK where I live. And now dry as a bone thus far today.

From reading the TMD's predictions during the past week, you'd think that the storm apocalypse was coming!

Here also Bangkok it was a good strong rain....
If the Thai Meteorology Department would as forecast just use the previous days weather it would be right most of the time (All the raining season it is raining every day, all the sunny season it is sunny every day, so they would be right in a long row would make a good statistics)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

If you keep on predict it, it will surely be right one day

Yep. A broken clock is right twice a day. Their record is absolutely dismal. By the way the wet season started mid May according to these 'experts'. Anyone notice that or is it still 40C every day?

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Dehydrated in HH waiting for it I've been braced for so long I need braces suggest start sacking some weathermen they are pointless here ????

1 hr S of HH, and still waiting also.   The few, very few sporadic drops that have fallen are worth mentioning.

how is the rainy season in HH? from visiting long time ago i remember that it was actually mostly 1h in the afternoon not days on days of constant drizzle like e.g. phuket..tough thats based on a month visit only.. anyone with long term experience?