Urine Luck! Controversial video of drinking pee for the good of your health goes viral

webfact

2 hours ago, WHansen said:

Unless i'm stuck in a survival situation, trying to stave off dehydration, i'll give it a miss thanks

If in that situation would you elect to drink your own or someone else's? 

11 hours ago, jonclark said:

Urine contains the waste products of metabolism. Urea. Sticking it back into your body after it's been removed just means you have to work your kidneys harder to get it out again.  Seriously,bodily wastes do not improve health.

I read many times, and read the advice from medical pages, to urinate on stings from a Jellyfish.
Are they all wrong? 

I am not sure what the outcry here is again.

Drinking urine -- in a fixed and prescribed way -- is part of Ayurvhedic therapies, and as Thai traditional medicine and yogic tradition is largely derived from it, part of Thai traditional medicine. It is rather telling that there are individuals high up in the Thai establishment who think people are too ignorant to know that.

Does it help? Frankly, I do not know, as I must confess to my own cultural hang-ups, which so far I had no need to overcome.

In any case, there is little that is outrageous about it.

Edited by jts-khorat

Wifeys sister got into drinking her own urine a couple of years ago too. The group she associates with which advocates the practice is a pretty hardline nationalist group so I'm not surprised Sondhi partakes of the amber liquid too. All of them are suspicious of virtually anything foreign even to the extent of avoiding foreign rice because it's obviously 'inferior' to Thai. All are staunch supporters of the institution..... I'll leave it there.

As far as I'm concerned some of the groups involved in promoting the process are little more than a cult, just substitute urine for coolaid.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

“If someone’s gums hurt from talking too much, can they apply excrement and get better?”

He must have the answer to his own question with all the dung he has been spewing about weed lately

And for those who thought his joke was funny, it is actually a cliche in thai culture

this guy has totally lost my respect what a turducken he has turned into.... professional pimp with all the dressings

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

X thai girlfriend drank hers. Also would pour it in her eyes. She said she'd been doing it for over a year. I couldn't pack fast enough after seeing that. 

Same here.

This is stage two of the therapy. Didn't notice any difference to my eyesight, but my eyebrows went very bushy.

• Haha 1