Biden will address the nation from the Oval Office – his first time speaking to the country directly from that setting

Social Media

President Joe Biden will address the nation from the Oval Office on Friday evening – his first time speaking to the country directly from that setting – following congressional passage of a compromise measure that raises the federal borrowing limit and avoids a catastrophic default.

The decision to speak in the most formal of presidential settings comes after weeks of fraught negotiations over the borrowing limit. The deal ultimately struck between Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy raises the debt ceiling for two years, freezes domestic spending, imposes some new work requirements on food stamps and alters certain energy permitting rules.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A post with multiple quoted posts from others has been edited. Remember the forum rule:

7. Do not quote more than three multiple nested quotes. Only quote the person you are replying to, and only quote the relevant section that you are discussing.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Don't think he has a choice.

I have a feeling the comments will be taped though.  Joe generally only is available from 10 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. Perhaps the first part-time President in history. Plus he won't have to take any questions from the press.  

Right! And he grotesquely calls that 'executive time'! ????

Oops! It's a confusion, sorry!

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The current occupant of the White House is perhaps the least available of any in the past half century. he has only had 12 events this year after 600pm, and most were dinners or fundraisers. If you check his official schedule he is on a plane for Delaware nearly every weekend. 

Now project 3 or 4 years into the future. Will we see a 1 pm to 3pm schedule, 4 days a week?  Being president is a full time job and needs more attention than it is getting.

Because in Delaware he can't possible carry out his job for 2 days a week to meet family and friends outside the white house.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Because in Delaware he can't possible carry out his job for 2 days a week to meet family and friends outside the white house.

Any evidence that is happening?   Just admit it, Joe is slowing down and needs more recovery time.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

You guys are amazing. Attacking Biden as being lazy, yet your candidate was notoriously the laziest president in history. He said he wouldn't have time for golf because he'd be working. So, on his own admission you can't work and play golf as we all know. He was the Golfer in Chief. And then when he was supposed to be working he was grifting.

He was the Golfer in Chief. And then when he was supposed to be working he was grifting.

A speller there perhaps........didn't you mean gofer and grifter in chief!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

And again, predictably, with the "but Trump...." deflection.  Is he the only standard by which to measure other Presidents? I am sure he would be very happy to hear that!  Now, excluding the man about whom you seem to spend a lot of time pondering, what OTHER President's schedule would you care to compare with Biden's?

Maybe get over the victimhood and start defending your man. He is the main opposition candidate for Biden by far and so remains a legitimate discussion point.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe get over the victimhood and start defending your man. He is the main opposition candidate for Biden by far and so remains a legitimate discussion point.

Not "my man" by any means. There are at least 3 or 4 GOP candidates whom I would prefer to win the nomination instead of the Bad Orange Man. 

A legitimate discussion point? Sure. But not the ONLY one. As so many who defend Biden seem to think. 

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not "my man" by any means. There are at least 3 or 4 GOP candidates whom I would prefer to win the nomination instead of the Bad Orange Man. 

A legitimate discussion point? Sure. But not the ONLY one. As so many who defend Biden seem to think. 

Why should e be concerned about the minnows who have no chance? This still looks like complaining about people attacking Trump to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Both have exceeded their expiration date. 

You know, it would be nice to hear a reply that, for once, doesnt need to refer to the previous President. Is that possible? Doesn't seem like it to me.   I guess that makes Trump the "gold standard" for Presidential behavior then...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1