Biden will address the nation from the Oval Office – his first time speaking to the country directly from that setting

Social Media

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You said "Ukraine. Interest on Trump debt".

Now you say that Trump’s 2017 tax cut and the lack of any serious spending restraint helped both the deficit and the debt soar, but don't mention Covid, or Biden's total lack of spending restraint at all.

Away with you, varlet.

Covid spending was necessary but 2.3T is a big contributor.

14 minutes ago, candide said:

You have not read it, have you? The historical account stops around 2012.

I suggest you actually read and digest links before making an idiot of yourself;

Please look at the following:

1694164221_USData1.jpg.27bec72d1b5559636e360842b7439c2e.jpg

1830821649_USData2.jpg.452ae7a60cbdd779a6b1df4ac6318a89.jpg

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

I think they want him sitting for his address. They might be afraid he will take a spill like he did at the Air
Force Academy. He also will not have to wonder where he is as evidenced in prior engagements.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I think they want him sitting for his address. They might be afraid he will take a spill like he did at the Air
Force Academy. He also will not have to wonder where he is as evidenced in prior engagements.

Wont be live, they will record it. Might take a while to get him though it with trailing off about his dead son or how he used to be a truck diver!

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I suggest you actually read and digest links before making an idiot of yourself;

Please look at the following:

1694164221_USData1.jpg.27bec72d1b5559636e360842b7439c2e.jpg

1830821649_USData2.jpg.452ae7a60cbdd779a6b1df4ac6318a89.jpg

Then why do you make it complicated and not post the right link?

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/datasets/historical-debt-outstanding/historical-debt-outstanding

Well, I don't know what you wanted to show, but what I see is that while Obama succeeded in keeping debt increase at 612 billion for his last FY, Trump increased debt by 1272 billion in the 2018 FY (thanks to tax cuts, I guess), and kept a similar increase level the last FY before Covid.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 8:59 PM, ozimoron said:

You guys are amazing. Attacking Biden as being lazy, yet your candidate was notoriously the laziest president in history. He said he wouldn't have time for golf because he'd be working. So, on his own admission you can't work and play golf as we all know. He was the Golfer in Chief. And then when he was supposed to be working he was grifting.

A number of presidents played and loved golf. Post 1950s most if not all fairly avid golfers. Bit of a laff really.

Edited by Plern

30 minutes ago, candide said:

Then why do you make it complicated and not post the right link?

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/datasets/historical-debt-outstanding/historical-debt-outstanding

Well, I don't know what you wanted to show, but what I see is that while Obama succeeded in keeping debt increase at 612 billion for his last FY, Trump increased debt by 1272 billion in the 2018 FY (thanks to tax cuts, I guess), and kept a similar increase level the last FY before Covid.

I was replying initially to @ozimoron regarding some historical debt!

You jumped in and deflected to Obama.

I posted two links, which cover the debt in different ways.

You cannot possibly have read the links in sufficient detail in less than two hours to stop and appraise yourself of the factual information I have provided about ALL the historical USA debt information and make a reasoned response!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I was replying initially to @ozimoron regarding some historical debt!

You jumped in and deflected to Obama.

I posted two links, which cover the debt in different ways.

You cannot possibly have read the links in sufficient detail in less than two hours to stop and appraise yourself of the factual information I have provided about ALL the historical USA debt information and make a reasoned response!

I did not deflect. If one wants to assess budget deficit and debt increase, one should use comparable periods of time. That excludes crises and post-crises periods.

The Trump years pre-Covid are quite comparable to Obama's last mandate in terms of growth, inflation, global context, etc... Trump did increase debt/year more than Obama during his last mandate.

Now instead of playing the smart ass and asking others to go through several links in order to guess the arguments you may have, why don't you make your point by yourself by citing numbers, years, etc... It should be easy, as you have already read all this information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

How many of them denied they would in their campaign while criticizing their predecessor for playing golf??

o my goodness. a politician made a promise they didn't keep and slung mud at the other side. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

I did not deflect. If one wants to assess budget deficit and debt increase, one should use comparable periods of time. That excludes crises and post-crises periods.

The Trump years pre-Covid are quite comparable to Obama's last mandate in terms of growth, inflation, global context, etc... Trump did increase debt/year more than Obama during his last mandate.

Now instead of playing the smart ass and asking others to go through several links in order to guess the arguments you may have, why don't you make your point by yourself by citing numbers, years, etc... It should be easy, as you have already read all this information.

Read my earlier to reply to you where I stated I was not replying to you! :post-4641-1156693976:

• Sad 1