Vice President Kamala Harris to be a "leading voice" on gun violence heading into the 2024 cycle

Social Media

The Biden-Harris campaign plans to make addressing gun violence a key focus of President Biden's reelection effort, and Vice President Kamala Harris will be a "leading voice" on the issue, according to senior Democratic sources.

On Friday, Harris will mark National Gun Violence Awareness Day with a speech at a high school in Springfield, Virginia, named after John Lewis, the late Democratic congressman and civil rights icon.

Harris' remarks will highlight the president's commitment to ending gun violence and "underscore the fear and trauma students, teachers and parents experience as a result of gun violence," according to a White House official.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Harris leading anything is a joke, except her way to the door after 2024 election.   Wonder if he'll even keep her as running mate, if he gets the nod.

One would hope not, as really good likelihood, his VP could be the P ????

She's a total disaster, and only there IMHO, for 2 reasons; female & mixed race.

That is why she was picked. Biden promised James Clyburn that he would pick a black women IF Clyburn helped Biden win the 2020 primaries.  Now Gavin Newsome in California is doing the same thing- promising to appoint a black female senator if/when Feinstein retires.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

California demographic is <6% black, I was being generous.   Would he really pick someone outside of the state, to represent the state.  

Bad enough  he would go black only ... ????

OK, I'll give you the statistic. My apologies. The black ave is much higher for the US in general. Nevertheless, this narrative that he would not pick someone just as good as anybody even from 6% of the population of many millions is just ba right wing talking point. The narrative is design edo combat any effort to level up the playing field after hundreds of years of discrimination against blacks which has led to a massive under representation by blacks in public life.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

OK, I'll give you the statistic. My apologies. The black ave is much higher for the US in general. Nevertheless, this narrative that he would not pick someone just as good as anybody even from 6% of the population of many millions is just ba right wing talking point. The narrative is design edo combat any effort to level up the playing field after hundreds of years of discrimination against blacks which has led to a massive under representation by blacks in public life.

As I thought, but wanted to verify, before posting.  Not sure about an appointment to vacant seat, but would guess same applies.

image.png.e305883aa0dfbfb5f8629921d7ca565b.png

https://www.senate.gov/senators/qualifications_termsofservice.htm

So he would have to pick from a very small pool of qualified black female candidates, considering the demographic of, and hopefully have some type of legal/lawyer/public office experience already.

Off topic ... it's amazing Hollywood can find enough black actors to fill roles to satisfy the woke folks, considering again, the demographics.  Local, experienced talent pool, let alone expecting someone to fly in to do a reading, if agent even knows of the opening.

No wonder most movies are barely a 5/10 rating.

California, against the perception of being woke, is one prejudice state IMHO, with RE prices & high taxes.   Remember when racist white folks preferred to live in such places, high prices/rent/tax to avoid living with others ????

Seems not much has changed since I was born, 1950s ... keeping us on the other side of the tracks ... so sad.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I can understand why Biden has assigned her the job of tackling gun laws. 7 years or so as AG for the world's third largest economy. That's a lot of creds.

Willie thinks so as well.

• Sad 1

Biggest joke about this useless woman is that she is now in charge of looking into the rise of A.I. ! If she does as well with that as she has done with her other roles in border control and talking about big yellow buses and space travel then we are all doomed !

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Perhaps the worst VP in history.  The Democrats are really stuck- most want Biden to quit after one term but are terrified that Harris would claim the nomination.   They need to have an open primary and let the party decide. But that won't happen. 

Trying to think of one thing that Harris has accomplished that would give any reason to think she will be successful in this role........still thinking......anyone? 

She is a Female person of colour, that is a huge unprecedented level of success and accomplishment for being V.P 

• Like 1