Brit’s killer safe in Oslo and will not be extradited to Thailand with local police taking on the case

webfact

obviously letting out a nutcase killer on bail is plain stupid.

Any criminal worth 5 cents will go to great lengths to avoid any time in a Thai (Any Asian) prison.

I remember that horrifying crime.  

2 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Tell that to Juilan Assange.  There are many reasons to run from "justice", like when you are being falsely accused.  And in my personal view, nobody on this forum knows what really happened. Truth is unlikely to come out.  How can the Norwegians investigate a murder in Thailand?  And who trusts the Thai government to investigate?  I would just say an eye for an eye, extradite the guy and try him here where he allegedly committed the crime.  

He didnt break any laws in Norway. I don't know how they can do anything to him.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dddave said:

I remember this brutal killing clearly.  The Norwegian broke into the Indian man's room and attacked and killed the man in front of his wife. 

You, obviously, do not remember it very clearly, the dead man was British, not Indian.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The man whom he killed was an Englishman.

Article doesn't say Englishman, says UK and British

He was English, though, not Welsh, Scottish or Irish but, more relevantly, there has never been a report that he was Indian.

19 minutes ago, bignok said:

He didnt break any laws in Norway. I don't know how they can do anything to him.

That would be because you're not a lawyer.

It's not unusual for some countries to prosecute their citizens for crimes committed overseas.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At the time the court granted him bail, against the wishes of the police, he had only been charged with assault, it was upped to murder later.

The details we're pretty terrifying.   In my opinion it certainly didn't merit bail.

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That would be because you're not a lawyer.

It's not unusual for some countries to prosecute their citizens for crimes committed overseas.

Only if it is part of their laws. Pedos can be in some nations. Not sure about murder.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, nglodnig said:

Yep with his face covered with sun-glasses and a mask he certainly looked frail, the poor lamb. My heart goes out to him.

Give him a break. The head and face furniture worked for another fugitive.

5 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:
17 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At the time the court granted him bail, against the wishes of the police, he had only been charged with assault, it was upped to murder later.

The details we're pretty terrifying.   In my opinion it certainly didn't merit bail.

I'd guess that was why the police objected to bail.

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The maximum sentence length in Norway is 21 years, but there are currently political debates about raising it to 25 years. However, you can get a punishment that says you will be in prison until you are rehabilitated and pose no danger to society (forvaring), effectively having the potential of a life sentence.

https://thenorwayguide.com/norwegian-prisons/

Not to mention how the prisons in Scandinavia are often akin to hotel rooms. I do believe in rehabilitation for most criminals though. If you treat people like animals they will often act like animals. Just look at the shambolic prison system and society in the US at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Canada just extradited one of their's to Thailand.

canada would put its mother to sell matchsticks on a street corner if it could. my country and i am ashamed of it particularly our pretty boy trudeau

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Whether he is guilty or not is irrelevant, at least now he will get a fair investigation and a fair trial.

Something that he would not have got in Thailand.

If we go by what has been published, there is little need of another investigation and it's
doubtful that the Norwegian police would find anything new 4 years after the fact.
As for fair trial, Thailand has no vested interest in one or the other party, Norway does. Maybe let the Brits investigate and process?

Edited by arithai12
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

If we go by what has been published, there is little need of another investigation and it's
doubtful that the Norwegian police would find anything new 4 years after the fact.
As for fair trial, Thailand has no vested interest in one or the other party, Norway does. Maybe let the Brits investigate and process?

Brits cannot do anything to him. He is not British, no crime was done in Britain. Only Norway or Thailand can do anything.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1