Brit’s killer safe in Oslo and will not be extradited to Thailand with local police taking on the case

webfact

11 hours ago, bignok said:

The article says he left Thailand on a false passport.  So much for Thai immigration and the Interpol Red Notice!  And just how did he get a false passport and from whom?  Some questions need answering here.

Edited by IslandLover

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

How do you know he was English? link? he has an indian name so Indian heritage, stop being woke

He held British nationality, was of Indian (Sikh) heritage and was living in Singapore, according to reports at the time of the murder. 

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

The article says he left Thailand on a false passport.  So much for Thai immigration and the Interpol Red Notice!  And just how did he get a false passport and from whom?  Some questions need answering here.

He spent time in Vietnam mostly it seems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

He spent time in Vietnam mostly it seems.

It was reported previously that he had tried to get a new passport from the Norwegian consulate/embassy in Hanoi.  Presumably this didn't work and he resorted to getting one through illicit means.  I find it odd that he would travel back home through Thailand though.  Surely there are enough direct flights from Vietnam to Paris, which was his first European destination before he travelled on to Oslo?

3 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

It was reported previously that he had tried to get a new passport from the Norwegian consulate/embassy in Hanoi.  Presumably this didn't work and he resorted to getting one through illicit means.  I find it odd that he would travel back home through Thailand though.  Surely there are enough direct flights from Vietnam to Paris, which was his first European destination before he travelled on to Oslo?

Yes it is odd unless reports are wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Do you really think that the police especially in Thailand never make any false accusations and the legal process here never produces unfair convictions?  If not, then would you concur that there are times when an innocent person runs from the police?  

This case seems quite obvious, and after heard the podcast from while he ws on the run, there os no doubt he killed the man, he admits he did it even. So the question is, did the family father invade  Bullman room with a butter knife, or did Bullman invade the family fathers room. Even Thai police should manage to provide evidence of who did what. 

So he was "british" or a "british national" or whatever, judging things by the legalities or by the standards of wokeness, or skin colour  or any other parameters   seem a pit pointless

The main thing is, as was mentioned in the head line, his killer is "safe"  Thank god for that?  but safe from what exactly, justice perhaps ?  and is that a good thing for anybody other than him?

8 hours ago, bignok said:

In the pic, he doesn't look frail and gaunt.

Looks more like a bullman.

I wouldn't want to be near him when he is drunk (neither when he is sober)

Edited by Lorry
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Even Thai police should manage to provide evidence of who did what. 

The problem will be the thai evidence won't be of the same standard as Norway standard evidence so the case gets dropped, hopefully not, the wife is a witness and won't let it go

According to a Phuket Police Major Mr. Bajaj went into Mr Bullman's room and threatened him with a Steak Knife to quiet him down.  He actually stabbed Bullman in the shoulder, according to police.

On Thursday, Major Ekkachai Siri of the Thai Tourist Police in Karon, Phuket spoke to the local newspaper, The Phuket News, about the tragic incident.

He explained that Mr Bajaj, at some point, lost patience with efforts to get the Norwegian resident at the resort to quieten down and took the matter into his hands. ‘Mr Bajaj carried a steak knife into Mr Bullman’s room. They started fighting and Mr Bajaj stabbed Mr Bullman in the left shoulder,’ the Thai police officer explained. This happened at approximately 4 am.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sloopjohn said:

According to a Phuket Police Major Mr. Bajaj went into Mr Bullman's room and threatened him with a Steak Knife to quiet him down.  He actually stabbed Bullman in the shoulder, according to police.

very very unlikely Bajaj was the aggressor, reports of police reports are often wrong

6 minutes ago, sloopjohn said:

i read both storys, so better to wait and see what evidences says. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Frail and ill? From what? His previous appearance suggests

maybe just no longer hopped up on hormones, illegal bodybuilding steroid druggs.

The side affects could have contributed to the irrational rage and aggression that led him to confront somebody

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sloopjohn said:

Shoulder stap. Sounds like the Bull guy was super aggressive. The other guy was scared, grapped a knife as self defense. Manslaughter imo. 10 years in slammer.

10 hours ago, bignok said:

Yes it is odd unless reports are wrong.

Correct, more than likely wrong and fairly typical, just write anything to get the right impact - -

don't even let the truth get in the way of a good story. 

17 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

canada would put its mother to sell matchsticks on a street corner if it could. my country and i am ashamed of it particularly our pretty boy trudeau

deranged Trudeau syndrome? not sure why you would post off topic in order to bash your home country. ? I was born in Ireland and emmigrated to Canada. So, I am Canadian by choice.  It seems that people lucky to be born in a decent country are often the first to bash it.

38 minutes ago, paddypower said:

deranged Trudeau syndrome?

FYI not off topic. Its called cause and effect. Trudeau is the cause and the effect is what results from having a loser leader like him. You havent live there long enough to understand my gripe. Maybe you should have stayed in ireland

10 hours ago, Hummin said:

This case seems quite obvious, and after heard the podcast from while he ws on the run, there os no doubt he killed the man, he admits he did it even. So the question is, did the family father invade  Bullman room with a butter knife, or did Bullman invade the family fathers room. Even Thai police should manage to provide evidence of who did what. 

To me, more of a problem is not the fact that the Thai police are not 100% reliable (no police are), but rather what the consequences of making an honest, malicious, or systemic mistake will be when the death penalty is factored in.   If the death penalty were not involved, it would be a no-brainer to try him here, but ... well, this is for sure complicated, so it's lucky for the world you and I are not the final arbiters here in the comment section.  :-)