Somethings crawling on us, but can't see them.

4MyEgo

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I took her to Bangkok Private today, the Dr was thorough, and said, he also couldn't see what I couldn't see and believes it to be a Phycological condition and prescribed Clorazepate 5mg, wife doesn't want it, ok, he also suggested if she didn't improve to perhaps see a Physiatrist, yeh, ah thanks Doc, I hear yah.

The tablets when read on Google appear to be quite addictive, so will monitor the situation and see if these "invisible" worms to my and others eyes disappear over the next day or so.

Not an uncommon condition and I would have thought sedatives was a last resort.

Causes of formication include normal states such as onset of menopause (i.e. hormone withdrawal). Other causes are medical conditions such as pesticide exposure,[3] mercury poisoning, diabetic neuropathy, skin cancer, syphilis, Lyme disease, hypocalcaemia, or herpes zoster (shingles) and neurocysticercosis.[2] Formication can be a result of stimulant intoxication or withdrawal (methamphetamine, Datura, cocaine,[4] MDMA aka ecstasy[5]) or alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics (i.e. delirium tremens), and is often accompanied by visual hallucinations of insects (formicanopia).[2] It can also occur as a symptom of benzodiazepine withdrawal, withdrawal from medication such as SSRI/SNRI antidepressants and tramadol; and as a side effect of opioid analgesics.[citation neede

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Not an uncommon condition and I would have thought sedatives was a last resort.

Thanks for that Sandyf, and yes, won't be taking the sedatives far to strong and addictive for my liking, but will monitor her and see what may have be the cause of this, menopause, well she is approaching 42 and I know her family members had theirs early. Pesticides, hmmm, she just sprayed for termites about a week ago and complained about her eyes hurting a little, I did tell her to wear eye glasses and a mask.

At the moment, she is ok, a lot calmer than she was earlier today, she can feel "them" walking all over her she says, but is applying baby oil and is trying not to pay attention to "them".

I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, 16 years married and never seen this side to her, not a drinker or drug user, straight Ace, but something has brought this on, could be phycological, I don't know, just hope it goes away because one can't but think, you know what.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:41 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Mainly a crawling sensation, scalp can be a little itchy mostly, but I use Selsun every 3-4 days so I would say that area is mainly a dry scalp, so I use a PHB balanced shampoo every couple if days.

Wife is driving me insane though, she started going through my hair this morning, I said, get away crazy woman....LOL

Hair combing is our Olympic sport

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for that Sandyf, and yes, won't be taking the sedatives far to strong and addictive for my liking, but will monitor her and see what may have be the cause of this, menopause, well she is approaching 42 and I know her family members had theirs early. Pesticides, hmmm, she just sprayed for termites about a week ago and complained about her eyes hurting a little, I did tell her to wear eye glasses and a mask.

I certainly hope for you and your wife, that the situation rights itself and a simple and avoidable root cause is found soon.

As I see that this is weirdly located in the Pub section (hence the inappropriate jokes), maybe send a PM to @Sheryl and ask for her advice, or have the thread at least moved into medical.

Edited by jts-khorat
  • Thanks 1

Been experiencing this for 16 years here, but so far haven't managed to spot one of the beasties causing it. I've come to the conclusion that it's the fans causing the my body hair to vibrate, which gives the sensation of something crawling on you. 

• Thanks 1

They say people have mites in their eyebrows, you cant see them.

IM more worried about the F35's, mosquitoes.

In shimmer time when im outside "in the country", they will attack me instantly.

I dont see them but know afterwards, im having 5 baht allergy bumps on my body. Just random places. Not just one but 4-5. and itchy, jeepers.

Once i saw one, but then succes fully smashed the F35, but it got me first.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jesimps said:

Been experiencing this for 16 years here, but so far haven't managed to spot one of the beasties causing it. I've come to the conclusion that it's the fans causing the my body hair to vibrate, which gives the sensation of something crawling on you. 

I believe her experience is a little different to yours, as this is what I believe she has below:

Formication is a symptom where you hallucinate the feeling of insects crawling in, on or under your skin. This symptom can be very upsetting or disturbing, leading to other issues like self-injury from scratching or trying to get the insects out from under or inside of your skin.Aug 9, 2565 BE

She doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol, however was depressed a little back, it appears that she may have some an underlying mental condition, e.g. not one to open up about matters, talk about things etc etc, and of course this has built up over time and her anxiety probably got the better of her ?

I managed to dig in a little and she opened up, appears to go back to the family and the x husband so there is a pattern I believe when I connected the dots, that said, I am in no way a professional, so will get her to see one so as to treat her underlying condition IMO.

The above said, she has agreed to take some meds from tomorrow that the Dr has prescribed here for a week, Clorazepate 5mg, Generic brand Tranmed 5, which is a sedative so as to relax here.

She is not batty, she is aware of what's going on and agrees what everyone is saying, i.e. it is her imagination, however, she is constantly cleaning her body and playing loud music when they start their crawling and she sings away (I told her that I would pay for her singing lessons) to which she laughed, still has her sense of humour, but has started taking 2 Albermed 200mg tablets per day, two days ago (pack of 6) to kill off parasites, deworm etc etc, unbeknown to me which I wasn't happy about.

She has also agreed to see someone to discuss any underlying mental health problems, so all I can do from here is keep her close to me and see where we end up and tell her family NOT to buy her over the counter meds without first consulting me as I believe that I need to keep it all together. 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 5:21 PM, Denim said:

Prickly heat ?

Do you still get the sensation after an hour in an air con room ?

Thanks, my thought as well. I suffer when the temperatures and humidity are very high.

For reference for those that may be unaware (Google)

Heat rash — sometimes called prickly heat, sweat rash or miliaria, is a harmless but very itchy skin rash. It causes small red spots in places where sweat collects, such as the armpits, back, under the breasts, chest, groin, elbow creases and back of the knees, and the waist.

To calm the itching or prickly feeling
  1. apply something cold, such as a damp cloth or ice pack (wrapped in a tea towel) for up to 20 minutes.
  2. tap or pat the rash instead of scratching it.
  3. do not use perfumed shower gels or creams.

Crabs, easy to get rid of mix a solution of whisky & sand rub into affected areas. They will get p#ss#d and stone each other to death. Or dangle your testicle on a block of ice and when they come out to skate just walk away. Job done 

Edited by Toby1947

I have seen several posts on facebook about this lately and have the same issue. Most surmise heat rash but in my case I see these tiny red ants crawling on me and my electronics. Easy to squash but bite like a sand flea. Got some creme today as I have little bumps from shoulders to toes. Itch like crazy in the evening.

8 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Thanks, my thought as well. I suffer when the temperatures and humidity are very high.

For reference for those that may be unaware (Google)

Heat rash — sometimes called prickly heat, sweat rash or miliaria, is a harmless but very itchy skin rash. It causes small red spots in places where sweat collects, such as the armpits, back, under the breasts, chest, groin, elbow creases and back of the knees, and the waist.

To calm the itching or prickly feeling
  1. apply something cold, such as a damp cloth or ice pack (wrapped in a tea towel) for up to 20 minutes.
  2. tap or pat the rash instead of scratching it.
  3. do not use perfumed shower gels or creams.

I once rented a car in Bali that had a plastic sort of seat covering. Got home from my day out and ran to the shower, from my neck to behind my knees I was covered in tiny red spots. Dashed to the pharmacy and they gave me a lotion. It was agony for 2 days. Heat rash at its worse.

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2023 at 4:36 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I took her to Bangkok Private today, the Dr was thorough, and said, he also couldn't see what I couldn't see and believes it to be a Phycological condition and prescribed Clorazepate 5mg, wife doesn't want it, ok, he also suggested if she didn't improve to perhaps see a Physiatrist, yeh, ah thanks Doc, I hear yah.

The tablets when read on Google appear to be quite addictive, so will monitor the situation and see if these "invisible" worms to my and others eyes disappear over the next day or so.

If it truly is in her mind perhaps finding a monk to do a little cermony/prayer to heal her would help.

• Thanks 1

As others have suggested, check for scabies, I had scabies in Tonga many years ago and it feels like small animals are crawling under your skin, which they are. You can sometimes see small wiggly scar tracks a few mm long on the soft part of the forearms if the skin is pale. And feel what seem like knots in your hair. Google for treatment and the protocol for disinfecting bedding.

Don't dismiss this as something mental until you have eliminated all physical possibilities. You wife doesn't lose face by having you consult Sheryl.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 9:25 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I believe her experience is a little different to yours, as this is what I believe she has below:

Formication is a symptom where you hallucinate the feeling of insects crawling in, on or under your skin. This symptom can be very upsetting or disturbing, leading to other issues like self-injury from scratching or trying to get the insects out from under or inside of your skin.Aug 9, 2565 BE

She doesn't do drugs or drink alcohol, however was depressed a little back, it appears that she may have some an underlying mental condition, e.g. not one to open up about matters, talk about things etc etc, and of course this has built up over time and her anxiety probably got the better of her ?

I managed to dig in a little and she opened up, appears to go back to the family and the x husband so there is a pattern I believe when I connected the dots, that said, I am in no way a professional, so will get her to see one so as to treat her underlying condition IMO.

The above said, she has agreed to take some meds from tomorrow that the Dr has prescribed here for a week, Clorazepate 5mg, Generic brand Tranmed 5, which is a sedative so as to relax here.

She is not batty, she is aware of what's going on and agrees what everyone is saying, i.e. it is her imagination, however, she is constantly cleaning her body and playing loud music when they start their crawling and she sings away (I told her that I would pay for her singing lessons) to which she laughed, still has her sense of humour, but has started taking 2 Albermed 200mg tablets per day, two days ago (pack of 6) to kill off parasites, deworm etc etc, unbeknown to me which I wasn't happy about.

She has also agreed to see someone to discuss any underlying mental health problems, so all I can do from here is keep her close to me and see where we end up and tell her family NOT to buy her over the counter meds without first consulting me as I believe that I need to keep it all together. 

Might it be this? I just happened to read about this yesterday in a book that I am reading now.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/morgellons-disease/ART-20044996

Morgellons disease: Managing an unexplained skin condition

Morgellons disease is an unexplained skin condition. Here you'll find answers to common questions about Morgellons and suggestions for coping with it.

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Morgellons disease is a condition characterized by a belief that parasites or fibers are emerging from the skin. People with this condition often report feeling as if something is crawling on or stinging their skin. The intense itching and sores associated with Morgellons disease can severely interfere with a person's quality of life.

Some health care providers recognize the condition as a delusional infestation and treat it with antidepressants, antipsychotic drugs, cognitive behavioral therapy and counseling. Others think the symptoms are related to an infectious process in skin cells. Further study is needed.

Signs and symptoms

People who have Morgellons disease report the following signs and symptoms:

• Skin rashes or sores that can cause intense itching
  • Crawling sensations on and under the skin, often compared to insects moving, stinging or biting
  • A belief that fibers, threads or black stringy material is in and on the skin
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Depressed mood
  • Thanks 1

Get a ceramic knife and scrape her skin all over. Best to do this when there is a little sweat on the skin. After you have done her whole body, caress the skin with alcohol. Taking care not to rub areas excessively. When the alcohol has gone lightly smooth Witch Hazel over the skin.

Witch Hazel (Le labba dee) is an astringent and has anti-inflamatory properties. It will sooth the skin.

Look at the scrapings from the knife to see any little critters.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rwill said:

If it truly is in her mind perhaps finding a monk to do a little cermony/prayer to heal her would help.

The mother-in-law suggested that, and she wouldn't have it, although she has been feeding the monks every morning since the mother-in-law suggested it and will take something to the Temple on Saturday.

She has agreed to see someone to talk to, she know it will be Psychiatrist to see what is causing it, an underlying condition.

Could easily be an allergy. My wife and I get it from time to time. Good, quick check is to get a simple antihistamine like Xyzal or Levocet at your local pharmacy. Try it, if the crawling/itching goes away within a couple of days, that was it.

• Thanks 1