American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

Just now, Bday Prang said:

I didn't fail to see your point. but my view is that the whole subject of human sexuality  is beyond the scope of a normal school education

Beyond the scope of a normal school education? How do you come up with that prime statement.  My children when they were in school many years ago received an entire 2 semester section on human sexuality in there Health Education course which stemmed over two years during the sophomore and junior years.  Understanding the scope taught was necessary to pass the course, and of course the subject matter also dealt with alternate lifestyles.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not for my children, being taught inclusion and non discrimination has benefited them immensely. The time spent is not a 2 year block by the way, its just a few lessons within their whole school life on this.  

Maybe it has but do you not feel that as a parent it is primarily your responsibility to raise them as decent human beings and not the responsibility of a 20 something  teacher fresh out of training college with little experience of real life which is increasingly the case these days. Is it really necessary for them to be taught the details of every sexual variation under the sun before they have even naturally reached an age where they are interested in such matters

• Like 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Maybe it has but do you not feel that as a parent it is primarily your responsibility to raise them as decent human beings and not the responsibility of a 20 something  teacher fresh out of training college with little experience of real life which is increasingly the case these days. Is it really necessary for them to be taught the details of every sexual variation under the sun before they have even naturally reached an age where they are interested in such matters

Absolutely, the responsibility of parents is of the upmost importance when raising children, as is the importance of a good quality education that covers life's subjects that they will be subjected to. Fortunately my children in the UK received both and went onto attend Uni. My daughter here is still going through that process. Here in Thailand she has also had these subjects within the curriculum, its an international school. Its been a great help so she can then discuss further with me at home.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Sounds atypical. 

Also with female teachers which are most common in elementary schools Miss or Mrs says a lot.

You're right about the Miss or Mrs, that was it.

Perhaps your school experience was atypical and mine was normal. A teachers personal life has no place in the classroom.

Edited by EVENKEEL

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

For gods Sake.. other than in the extremely rare cases of congenital birth defects ie hermaphrodites and such like there is absolutely no way on god's earth that anybody should be allowed hormone treatments or puberty blockers or anything else of a similar nature at a pre pubescent age. Any doctor involved in such practices should be struck off and locked up

Jesus we don't even allow under 18's to get tattoos as they are considered to young to appreciate the life changing permanency of disfiguring themselves

What on earth are you advocating, to me and any other rightminded person it is just wrong

If you consider that makes me a troll I really don't care. There is something very worrying about you

Once again someone needs education in a subject they know zero about but just regurgitate far right nonsense.

1. No person under 18 gets totally reversible hormone blockers without a minimum of one medical Dr prescription plus two psychiatric Drs examinations “ever”.

2. There have been fewer than a dozen surgeries done on any individual under 18 for SRS (this of course does not include young girls getting breast implants) Even Thailand follows this protocol 

3. Even an adult needs the same Medical Dr. Approval and the two psychologists approval before a surgeon can preform SRS

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not for my children, being taught inclusion and non discrimination has benefited them immensely. The time spent is not a 2 year block by the way, its just a few lessons within their whole school life on this. That's all it takes to learn to be non prejudice. 

That's a good thing. Hard though to explain the details of this story to kids beyond making some generic statement about being respectful to others, and letting people be who they are, and that gender and sexuality are still not fully understood. The facts of this case: change in gender during life while keeping sexuality, basis of decision for surgery and ongoing relationship with a woman after surgery, are hard to explain with authority. 

The education could include not only about acceptance and respect and openness but that human psychology is complicated and that sometimes people make mistakes and bad decisions and may draw conclusions about themselves that may not be correct. Not saying it applies to this case. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

On 6/9/2023 at 5:38 PM, BangkokReady said:

They aren't even clued up on their own talking points:

Sex is different to gender, in the new way of seeing things, sure, but female is sex not gender.

A trans woman is not female.  You cannot change your sex.

and what is this "new way", cos if you are talking about science, well facts don't care about your feels and it is well known that sex is bimodal and sex and gender are different.

And shall we talk about how hormones can change your body? Or, why there are differences in sex, due to hormone washes in the womb. I mean, we can talk actual facts or you lot can keep crying cos you don't understand these things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

and what is this "new way", cos if you are talking about science, well facts don't care about your feels and it is well known that sex is bimodal and sex and gender are different.

And shall we talk about how hormones can change your body? Or, why there are differences in sex, due to hormone washes in the womb. I mean, we can talk actual facts or you lot can keep crying cos you don't understand these things. 

Reactionaries are nothing new in the world. Resistance to change and absorbing new information is par for the course.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I went a technical school we didn't have any biological education.....and everyone figured out how this sex thing works on themself....and that was before internet.
It would be good to teach the details how you get pregnant, how not, how to prevent STDs. Where the babies come from. But in what way people play around in the bed can't be the business of the school.