Has Immigration lost their mind? Retirement Visa Extension requires a 1 year rental contract?

33 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Seriously?  The point of not disclosing is to avoid potential retaliation for the disclosure.  Saving face, etc.  Don't you think immigration officers read this forum?  It would not be difficult to determine who I am if they know the office.

You're not getting an extension there anyway. They've already decided that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not off topic at all.

You posted an experience regarding one year lease requirement.

At same time not name office. 

Makes advice impossible.

Advice is not impossible. 

Two easy questions:  1 year rental contract requirement "normal"?  Is there an appeals process?

Please don't take my comment the wrong way.  I appreciate the "indirect" advice I've been given and will act accordingly.

Thanks, sincerely...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotReallyHere said:

I told them that it was my plan, in retirement, to travel around Thailand, changing locations every 3, 6 or 9 months based on how much or little I liked my current location.  My current location is becoming a bit boring, so I thought I'd extend my rental contract for 3 months one last time and then move on to some place new.

I wonder if immigration on your country will give an easy nomadic visa to Thais or make sure they have a permanent address?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

In my country, immigrants run amok.  Just cross the border, legally or illegally, and sign a document promising to appear in court some time in the future.  My country will even put immigrants on a bus or plane to their desired location of disappearance.

Define "permanent address".  As others have mentioned, a 90 day report serves as my declaration of location.  To my knowledge, there is no requirement that two consecutive 90 day reports be from the same location.

Fair enough, I was just saying it's harder for a Thai to get a retirement visa in the US, for example. $500k invested, for a start. There really is nothing you can do, if you start demanding your rights, you'll be worse off. 

Maybe just photoshop/alter a contract?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Define "permanent address".  As others have mentioned, a 90 day report serves as my declaration of location.  To my knowledge, there is no requirement that two consecutive 90 day reports be from the same location.

You are course correct in this regard. 

Many expats on non O extensions like to move and live in various provinces. 

Even moreso if not married and enjoy travel.

The OP said in one of the posts that release clauses are not common in Thailand. I have one in my current lease and believe my previous lease had one as well. I just lose my deposit if I move prior to the term of my lease. Is this not the norm?

• Thanks 1