Has Immigration lost their mind? Retirement Visa Extension requires a 1 year rental contract?

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Because no immigration office that I'm aware of has a one year lease requirement.

The fact that you provide one and it's accepted by IO does not mean that it's a requirement. 

Agreed. As far as I know you're just required to provide a lease for them. I personally presume that that lease should have more than 90 days to avoid problems.

I seriously doubt and would actually take bets on whether someone would get an extension of one year based on a lease it has 30 days or less on it

12 minutes ago, Plern said:

Okay, I'll take the troll bait. Because immigration demands it? My hunch is you don't base your O extension on the THREE provinces but one domicile. But please enlighten us...

he doesn't need a lease.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

what are the tax stamps for ?

https://www.rd.go.th/english/21986.html

4. Rate of Stamp Duty

Rates of stamp duty are given in the schedule attached to the Chapter VI of Title II of the Revenue Code. The rates of duty range from 1 Baht to 200 Baht. A sample of stamp duty rates on some selected instrument is as follows:

Nature of Instrument/Transaction Stamp Duty

1.Rental of land, building, other construction or floating house

For every 1,000 Baht or fraction thereof of the rent or key money or both for the entire lease period

1 Baht

20 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

Seriously?  The point of not disclosing is to avoid potential retaliation for the disclosure.  Saving face, etc.  Don't you think immigration officers read this forum?  It would not be difficult to determine who I am if they know the office.

Sounds like you're desperate for attention, sounds like you believe you're special.

Good luck. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Plern said:

Okay, I'll take the troll bait. Because immigration demands it? My hunch is you don't base your O extension on the THREE provinces but one domicile. But please enlighten us...

Immigration doesn't demand you to stay at the same place. 

My B extension is done in Bangkok but i move around a lot between Bangkok and Surat Thani

20 hours ago, Plern said:

I'm surprised the op thinks this is a thing. Most (all) of us produce one year leases.

<snip>

??? I've never had to show a rental contract or lease. Is this a new thing? I do have to furnish a copy of the tabian baan and the owner's ID Card. Is that what you're talking about? Granted, for the last fourteen years I've been living with relatives (by marriage).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Acharn said:

??? I've never had to show a rental contract or lease. Is this a new thing? I do have to furnish a copy of the tabian baan and the owner's ID Card. Is that what you're talking about? Granted, for the last fourteen years I've been living with relatives (by marriage).

Speechless... ????

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Immigration doesn't demand you to stay at the same place. 

My B extension is done in Bangkok but i move around a lot between Bangkok and Surat Thani

Why is the B always done in Bangkok.?

*B is basically the next leg up the visa ladder after tourist btw.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Plern said:

Why is the B always done in Bangkok.?

*B is basically the next leg up the visa ladder after tourist btw.

I stand corrected.

"Business" ????

Volunteer

Tourist

On arrival

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Plern said:

Well, in the center of the universe (Bangkok) a lease is needed.

I can speak from absolute experience on that. Loei... Not so much ????

you do not need a lease if you do not rent....????‍♂️

• Like 2

Dan O said it, an officer can always ask for more, as it suites him to do his work.

Crazy, yes I think, but TIT.

When I entered the immigration office in Satun, there was a big poster hanging.

If you had complaints or other, you could contact the person on that poster.

SO did you see such a poster at your office? Call that person then.

• Haha 2

On 6/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, NotReallyHere said:

A year ago, I received my first retirement visa extension in Hua Hin based, in part, on a 3 month rental contract.  I extended my rental contract for an additional 3 months in Hua Hin

They are not hard on beginners, but year 2 or 3 they will be concern about your moving. They don't like to see a passport that has a renewal stamp from different province every year ( I have experienced that 2 times from  2 offices. Things getting tough somehow. What they told you was not against Imm. rules. 
Try to stick to one province and then travel around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Once I was asked by a german consulate for a 1 year rental contract for my OA visa application. As I could not provide it I stayed in Germany. 1 year later this contract was not asked for and my OA Visa was approved.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

They are not hard on beginners, but year 2 or 3 they will be concern about your moving. They don't like to see a passport that has a renewal stamp from different province every year ( I have experienced that 2 times from  2 offices. Things getting tough somehow. What they told you was not against Imm. rules. 
Try to stick to one province and then travel around. 

Nonsense. 

Nothing stopping doing change of address to another province..

One rider on that is if you obtained non O in Thailand the first extension should be at same office.

After that you can move and do change of address using TM30..and then apply for next extension at that office. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stat said:

Once I was asked by a german consulate for a 1 year rental contract for my OA visa application

That could not occur.

A non O-A visa is valid for one year and is a multi entry visa.

No way known that a lease would be a requirement.

In any event the OP has not contributed for 24 hr and never stated immigration office.

Waste of time. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 minutes ago, The Theory said:

That's right, but perhaps you don't move to other provinces every year. And you renew your extension at the same office every year. 

So let's understand your theory.

If someone lives in Thailand on for example extensions based on retirement.

How often can they change where they live to another province.

I'm sure your answer will be hilarious. 

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That could not occur.

A non O-A visa is valid for one year and is a multi entry visa.

No way known that a lease would be a requirement.

In any event the OP has not contributed for 24 hr and never stated immigration office.

Waste of time. 

I do vaguely remember a strange report of this from years ago. There was great scepticism at the time, and I asked whether they would require a 10-year rental agreement for a Non O-X visa. It was never proven to be a bogus report, so who knows?