LIVE Boris Johnson resigns: Ex-PM quits Parliament over Partygate report

onthedarkside

It looks as if Sunak is starting to kick back and has openly said that he rejected Johnsons plea to overrule HOLAC to force through the former PM's selection of ne'er-do-wells.  He followed that with saying that if people didn't like that then tough!  It got him a round of applause from the audience in the room, but the moment was a glimmer of hope for the Conservative Party.  If he can follow this with getting rid of the rest of the dross and dumping the stupid policies put in place by Johnson and  Truss and actually take charge of the party then maybe, just maybe, he might be able to salvage something from this unholy mess. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fantastic to see that at least some of Johnson's nominations for peerages got through.

Especially that for Charlotte Owen, at 29 the youngest ever life peer. But what an amazing contribution to the betterment of our country she has delivered, in her 18 months under Johnson.

Well done, Baroness Owen, your country is proud of you.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/charlotte-owen-the-intern-who-became-a-baroness-in-6-years-350671/

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Fantastic to see that at least some of Johnson's nominations for peerages got through.

Especially that for Charlotte Owen, at 29 the youngest ever life peer. But what an amazing contribution to the betterment of our country she has delivered, in her 18 months under Johnson.

Well done, Baroness Owen, your country is proud of you.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/charlotte-owen-the-intern-who-became-a-baroness-in-6-years-350671/

Johnson helping Starmer with arguments for abolishing the House of Lords.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

37 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nadine Dorries resigning as an MP in the belief her elevation to the Lords was in the bag has got to be the best home goal this year.

But of course, it is only the beginning of June.

Mad Nads' been had!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nadine Dorries resigning as an MP in the belief her elevation to the Lords was in the bag has got to be the best home goal this year.

Depends which reports you listen too. 

On the day she and Boris resigned, it was reported she already knew she had been removed from the list.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not true!

She resigned after she was informed that her name was removed from the proposed honours list!

From her own article in the DM;

"Next morning, I called the Chief Whip who said all was well, he had not been informed of any change but he would make further enquiries. At 3.30pm, he called me back. My name had in fact been removed. The journalist had been right.

The list was published half an hour later. I knew then my suspicions that someone was using me to play political games was true. I informed the Chief Whip I was standing down. "

NADINE DORRIES: The sinister forces that stopped this girl from reaching the House of Lords  | Daily Mail Online

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Not true!

She resigned after she was informed that her name was removed from the proposed honours list!

"Next morning, I called the Chief Whip who said all was well, he had not been informed of any change but he would make further enquiries. At 3.30pm, he called me back. My name had in fact been removed. The journalist had been right.

The list was published half an hour later. I knew then my suspicions that someone was using me to play political games was true. I informed the Chief Whip I was standing down. "

NADINE DORRIES: The sinister forces that stopped this girl from reaching the House of Lords  | Daily Mail Online

Well she would say that wouldn’t she.

Maybe she can get a job at Channel 4.

If ‘sinister forces’ don’t get in the way.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That's some level of self delusion that she even considers herself worthy of a peerage. 

A crass statement if ever there was one!

Peerages are offered and I suggest you read the article I linked to earlier!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12187013/NADINE-DORRIES-sinister-forces-stopped-girl-reaching-House-Lords.html

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Are you calling her a liar regarding her resignation as an MP statement, yes or no?

She’s got form as a liar.

You can believe her if you wish, I don’t.

My bet is major loss of face (not not just an Asian thing) hence her imaginary ‘Sinister Forces’.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12187013/NADINE-DORRIES-sinister-forces-stopped-girl-reaching-House-Lords.html

Sorry but I prefer not to click on far right click bait owned by tax avoiders. 

I must admit, though, that the link is funny. Might it be that rather than sinister forces being the reason she was sidelined, it could be that she has nothing to offer the country, and has she nothing to deserve such an 'honour'?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Not true!

I wouldn't give a lot of credence to anything posted by The Daily Mail.  Then again I wouldn't believe anything that the delusional Nadine says either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I wouldn't give a lot of credence to anything posted by The Daily Mail.  Then again I wouldn't believe anything that the delusional Nadine says either.

And not without good reason.

Dorries categorically stated she was resigning.

She has yet to actually do so.

Perhaps she’s been too busy whinging and whining to get around to resigning from the job she so very seldom turns up to do.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Something else you won't read in the Daily Fail.  Jonson was told as long ago as February that Dorries had been rejected for a peerage.  That has come from senior government sources.

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Something else you won't read in the Daily Fail.  Jonson was told as long ago as February that Dorries had been rejected for a peerage.  That has come from senior government sources.

Precisely.

No surprises it’s Johnson who lied to Dorries.

And the laugh, Dorries believed him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 7:17 PM, scottiejohn said:

Peerages are, indeed, offered - but it looks like Dories reckons that she is entitled to one, which begs the question, just what has she done that makes her think that she deserves one.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/14/nadine-dorries-failure-to-resign-officially-as-mp-frustrates-sunaks-attempt-to-reset-tories?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

And not without good reason.

Dorries categorically stated she was resigning.

She has yet to actually do so.

Perhaps she’s been too busy whinging and whining to get around to resigning from the job she so very seldom turns up to do.

Dorries now demanding to see Whats Apps and emails pertaining to HOLAC before deciding whether to resign or not!  The woman is completely nuts and needs the men in white coats to go and get her.  The embarrassment level is off of the scale.

In the meantime the partygate report is published and as predicted, Johnson pronounced guilty on all counts.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Peerages are, indeed, offered - but it looks like Dories reckons that she is entitled to one, which begs the question, just what has she done that makes her think that she deserves one.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jun/14/nadine-dorries-failure-to-resign-officially-as-mp-frustrates-sunaks-attempt-to-reset-tories?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I could answer that but the admin would never allow it here.  Lets just say that she is blonde and Boris has a thing for blondes. Nuff said!

• Haha 1