Trump lawyer: ‘There is context to everything’

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

As Fareed Zacharia said on CNN tonight, imagine if the Germans found out that the enigma code had been cracked in ww2.

Then imagine that through FDRs careless or that he told the enemy that they had found out!context my rear end they are going to try to compare the Biden/ pence mistakes no comparison whatsoever Donnie’s toast his only hope is a rabid trumper on the jury

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

So says the person who would not sign an affidavit attesting to there being no more classified gov't docs at MAL (until she added some caveats, which insinuates she knew it wasn't true).

I think maybe you have the Trump female lawyers mixed up. This is Alina Habba. The lawyer you refer to above is Christina Bobb.

Trump lawyer Christina Bobb speaks to federal investigators in Mar-a-Lago case
Bobb signed a letter in June certifying that “based upon the information that has been provided to me," Trump had returned all classified records sought by the government. The Aug. 8 search of Trump's home turned up additional records.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-lawyer-christina-bobb-speaks-federal-investigators-mar-lago-case-rcna51459

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

One things for sure, she can't deny the tapes...................lol

'Those tapes are my tapes!' Trump enraged by Jack Smith's evidence against him

During an interview on Sunday with host Roger Stone, Trump responded to reports indicating he admitted he did not declassify some documents before leaving office with them. Those recordings are reportedly in the hands of special counsel Jack Smith.

Trump complained that President Joe Biden "probably doesn't have tapes" incriminating himself.

"I have tapes of the FBI during the raid. I didn't put them out because I was asked not to by them," he ranted. "But I have tapes of the raid by FBI. You want to see some tapes? Those are tapes."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-tapes/

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Then imagine that through FDRs careless or that he told the enemy that they had found out!context my rear end they are going to try to compare the Biden/ pence mistakes no comparison whatsoever Donnie’s toast his only hope is a rabid trumper on the jury

No, I think he'll postpone and hope for a (pre emptive) pardon, if necessary by himself, since it most likely won't be tried before the next election.

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

One things for sure, she can't deny the tapes...................lol

Sure she can:

Attorneys for Trump informed the Justice Department that they've not been able to locate a classified document related to Iran sought by investigators that was discussed during a recorded meeting, two people with knowledge of the case confirmed to CBS News. 

One person said it's not clear if the document with the "plan of attack" exists, or if Trump was misidentifying something to those assembled for the meeting, but said prosecutors have the tape. 

Sometimes aides and visitors weren't even sure if what Trump was talking about on national security or military matters was true or if documents Trump mentioned existed, sources recalled. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-indictment-documents-mark-milley-mar-a-lago/

• Confused 1

She would have done great at Nuremburg trials with the line "“There is context to everything,”... hey, there was a war going on; Germany had just came out of a big depression, we had the support of Catholics and Protestants....

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Emdog said:

She would have done great at Nuremburg trials with the line "“There is context to everything,”... hey, there was a war going on; Germany had just came out of a big depression, we had the support of Catholics and Protestants....

Ms. Habba is not now nor has she been the attorney of record in the Miami documents case.

Donald Trump changes lawyers, names Todd Blanche in federal classified documents case

WASHINGTON – Donald Trump announced Friday a new lawyer will defend him against federal charges in Florida dealing with classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago.

Trump said in a social media post Todd Blanche, who has participated in his New York state criminal case, and a firm to be named later will represent him. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/06/09/donald-trump-lawyer-todd-blanche-federal-documents-case/70306305007/

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

Gutter press!

Agree but it could get worse!

After CNN sacked 'Extra Trumpy' CEO Chris Licht for his disastrous Trump Town Hall,  Pro-Trump billionaire John Catsimatidis now wants to buy CNN.

I suggest he would be another lesser Pro-Trump Murdoch, who has admitted in a deposition that his journos lie to support Trump.

Billionaire John Catsimatidis Offers to Buy CNN, Wants $1 Per Year (businessinsider.com)

3 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Agree but it could get worse!

After CNN sacked 'Extra Trumpy' CEO Chris Licht for his disastrous Trump Town Hall,  Pro-Trump billionaire John Catsimatidis now wants to buy CNN.

I suggest he would be another lesser Pro-Trump Murdoch, who has admitted in a deposition that his journos lie to support Trump.

Billionaire John Catsimatidis Offers to Buy CNN, Wants $1 Per Year (businessinsider.com)

Wherrre's Tuckerrr Carrrlson???

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Advice to Trump’s lawyer.

Just make sure you are paid in advance.

The smart ones have bailed out like Jim Trusty and John Rowley. They know it is a lost case and worried about getting pay. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The smart ones have bailed out like Jim Trusty and John Rowley. They know it is a lost case and worried about getting pay. 

It is probably more to do with the fact that if in court they repeat anything Trump has said they will be held in contempt etc for lying!