Pattaya is Finally Removing Unsightly Electrical Wires off Walking Street

snoop1130

219377-1024x576.jpg

The unsightly mess of electrical wires above Pattaya Walking Street are finally being dismantled in response to completion of an underground cable installation project.

The underground cable project, which is part of the city’s plan to improve the street’s scenery, has been carried out off and on over the past few years and caused a lot of inconvenience to tourists and residents alike.

Now that the project is successfully completed, the city will move onto the next step, which is to remove unused communication cables and power poles.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/13/pattaya-is-finally-removing-unsightly-electrical-wires-off-walking-street/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-06-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Now that the project is successfully completed, the city will move onto the next step, which is to remove unused communication cables and power poles.

Meaning the unsightly mess of tangled cables is actually still up there. They just git rid of the 220v lines which weren't particularly the problem. 

Removing the cables overhead, is good, , but are they going to remove the cables  when they are laying in the road,  I doubt it, so  now we can expect  even more road works.. will it be finished by  which high season 20....... 

Edited by actonion

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's going to take a lot more than just burying the cables.

But I wonder how they have been buried? Did they construct waterproof channels etc., or just scoop out a few shovels of dirt, throw in the cables and cover with dirt

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, actonion said:

Removing the cables overhead, is good, , but are they going to remove the cables  when they are laying in the road,  I doubt it, so  now we can expect  even more road works.. will it be finished by  which high season 20....... 

Come on, removing the cables is another project / another budget.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

But I wonder how they have been buried? Did they construct waterproof channels etc., or just scoop out a few shovels of dirt, throw in the cables and cover with dirt

Probably the latter

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Probably the latter

I recall when AIS (under thaksin) put some of their cables underground in Bkk, no structured under the surface concrete boxes, some were in yellow perhaps 3 or 4 inch plastic pipes.

In some areas the top 20% of the plastic pipes were above the surface.  Lots of complaints then remedial action to get them under the surface but still nothing really structured.

Many years later other gov't. projects saw these cables/pipes, along with newer cables put underground more professionally but not to any universal standard. 

• Like 1