Marriage visa 400,00 from overseas

Hello,

For the marriage visa I have to have 400,000thb in a Thai bank from an overseas source. If I send From my foreign bank to Wise and Wise to my Thai bank will that still count as from an overseas source? As I believe Wise send from a Thai bank.

Thanks

With the exception of these 3 banks, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn and SCB, you cannot transfer more than 50,000 THB per transaction via Wise and even then you are limited to 200,000 THB per day.

I don't usually recommend any method other than Wise for moving money, but in your case you might find a SWIFT transfer more convenient. I've never done it myself but I believe you can do a SWIFT transaction via Wise. You might find the following web site useful.

https://wise.com/help/articles/2553074/paying-by-swift

Edited by Moonlover

5 minutes ago, isaanistical said:
15 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

even then you are limited to 200,000 THB per day.

Bangkok Bank has never limited me to that sum. You sure? - this must be very new.

It's not a limit on incoming funds unilaterally imposed by BBL generally, no banks do that, it is a limit on incoming transfers effected through Wise to BBL accounts.

4 minutes ago, isaanistical said:
10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

4 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

Bangkok Bank has never limited me to that sum. You sure? - this must be very new.

Sorry, you're right I missed a nought. 2,000,000 to Bangkok Bank and to Kasikorn Bank  

No problem then providing the O/P uses one of these 2 banks or SCB which will allow 1.5 mil

Silly me, always check first, saves a lot of embarrassment later.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

The limit is 2million baht using one of the 3 banks mentioned.

Did this very recently for condo purchase. 

18 minutes ago, isaanistical said:
10 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

18 minutes ago, isaanistical said:

Sorry, you're right I missed a nought. 2,000,000 to Bangkok Bank and to Kasikorn Bank  

No problem then providing the O/P uses one of these 2 banks or SCB which will allow 1.5 mil

P. S. On the other hand, if the O/P doesn't use either of these 3 banks, my advise still holds dun'it. ????

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

< 1.5 million for SCB

Thanks.

I use Kasikorn.

Just unrelated info for new folk.

SCB does not have branch at CW.

I suggest Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn for folk opening a bank a/c

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks.

I use Kasikorn.

Just unrelated info for new folk.

SCB does not have branch at CW.

I suggest Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn for folk opening a bank a/c

For the 400/800K I think Krunsri  is way better at CW. Virtually no waiting, Kasikorn seemed to take forever. 

27 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

P. S. On the other hand, if the O/P doesn't use either of these 3 banks, my advise still holds dun'it. ????

OK. But I am about 24 hours from making a large annual donation to Thailand and when I saw that I nearly shot myself..........

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For the 400/800K I think Krunsri  is way better at CW. Virtually no waiting, Kasikorn seemed to take forever. 

Not in my experience of 10 extensions.

At Kasikorn I have had easy efficient service on day of extension.

As for your other post re swift ...

That is discussed in Banking Finance forum re comparison.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not in my experience of 10 extensions.

Yeah, well not my experience. I have Krungsri. BKK and Kasikorn (since it was Thai Farmer) 

At Kasikorn I have had easy efficient service on day of extension.

I have had easy efficient service on day of extension at both Krungsri and Kasikorn. Both were great, but lines are (in my experience) much longer at Kasikorn. 

As for your other post re swift ...

That is discussed in Banking Finance forum re comparison.

Yeah, I've discussed it there, but no real need to discuss it because it's pretty easy to calculate when rate margin exceeds the flat fee for the Swift transfer. 

For 65K a month TW is great, but for large transfers? Not so much. 

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For 65K a month TW is great, but for large transfers? Not so much. 

That is probably where personal needs come into play.

For me the transfers have been for few real estate gigs where you perhaps want to transfer 3.5 mill.

Edit: completely misread your TW.

Transferwise now WISE.

I have looked into best option and in my opinion WISE best option for Large amounts.

All off topic. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

For the marriage visa I have to have 400,000thb in a Thai bank from an overseas source. If I send From my foreign bank to Wise and Wise to my Thai bank will that still count as from an overseas source? As Ibelieve Wise send from a Thai bank...

If it counts as a foreign shipment (enter wise and take a photo of the receipt from when you sent the doneto)

23 minutes ago, Vibora99 said:

For the marriage visa I have to have 400,000thb in a Thai bank from an overseas source. If I send From my foreign bank to Wise and Wise to my Thai bank will that still count as from an overseas source? As Ibelieve Wise send from a Thai bank...

If it counts as a foreign shipment (enter wise and take a photo of the receipt from when you sent the doneto)

Again, the 400K does not need to be from an overseas source. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is probably where personal needs come into play.

For me the transfers have been for few real estate gigs where you perhaps want to transfer 3.5 mill.

Edit: completely misread your TW.

Transferwise now WISE.

I have looked into best option and in my opinion WISE best option for Large amounts.

All off topic. 

You crack me up. 

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Again, the 400K does not need to be from an overseas source. 

When applying for a Non O visa at Immigration, proof of an overseas source is required. However, the requirement will usually be waived if the money has been undisturbed in your account for a few months.

Foe an extension of stay, proof of an overseas source is not necessary.