UK pension delay?

6 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

I have just had a reply not to helpful, I'm ducking out now I get my pension and don"t want to get too involved with them.

I am afraid my team cannot help with this as we have no access to personal data.

Please resubmit your enquiry giving your full name, address and date of birth to – [email protected]

I am sure colleagues there will be able to assist.

Department for Work and Pensions

That doesn't look like the international pensions department email address so there may be some runaround to be anticipated.

You sould go to the international DWP website.

I pasted it earlier probably on the first three pages somewhere.

Yep, page three.

Edited by Muhendis

5 hours ago, Muhendis said:
On 6/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Thailand Post strikes again".

Perhaps Royal Mail struck again, TP is generally very reliable unless you chose to live out in the sticks.

In that case the whole Thailand must be "out in the sticks".

Why?

Another possibility if you don't get any satisfaction is to try contacting Baroness Altmann. You may remember her as an effective pensions campaigner who was Pensions Minister under Cameron. She's been elevated to the Lords but is still very active on the pensions front. Contact details are here, be sure to use the correct form of address for a peer:

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4533/contact

16 hours ago, lungbing said:

Wasn't she Ros Altmann who was all in favour of expats getting the uprated pension, until the government of the day bought her off with elevation to the HoL?

That's her, though I'm not sure about her having been bought off. It would be interesting to hear her views on the APPG report on Frozen British Pensions.

OK, here's some positive news from the IPC. I sent an e-mail to my helpful contact there and she passed it on to her manager to ask what to do about it, and this is the reply she just sent me:

"After talking with my manager he did advise me that we have a contract with a postal company which may send post through other countries to minimize cost and  to protect tax payers funds.  I understand that 18 weeks is not satisfactory at all and the mail should arrive within 8 weeks, this is going to be looked into.

If your pension does stop you can telephone our department on +1912187777 and confirm your identity over the telephone and payments will be restarted immediately.  Please feel free to pass this information on, also if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do my upmost to help."

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

OK, here's some positive news from the IPC. I sent an e-mail to my helpful contact there and she passed it on to her manager to ask what to do about it, and this is the reply she just sent me:

"After talking with my manager he did advise me that we have a contract with a postal company which may send post through other countries to minimize cost and  to protect tax payers funds.  I understand that 18 weeks is not satisfactory at all and the mail should arrive within 8 weeks, this is going to be looked into.

If your pension does stop you can telephone our department on +1912187777 and confirm your identity over the telephone and payments will be restarted immediately.  Please feel free to pass this information on, also if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do my upmost to help."

Should that number have 44 between the + and 1?  i.e +44191218777

17 hours ago, Guderian said:

As said before if you look at the UK Royal Mail website, is states could take 12 weeks [non Airmail] to arrive in Thailand...Also interesting clearly states that BA no longer have flights to Thailand, so Air Mail letter are sent 1 x weekly via Cargo in some plane.

This is the second time the Pension 'Life' form has not arrived....

--"and confirm your identity over the telephone and payments will be restarted immediately"--

Yes this is true, but only for 16 weeks until they get the 'New' "life Certificate"  the man I spoke to sent a new form via email straight after the phone call.

Also note:  restarted immediately uh in 2023 you would think that this then would arrive next day in the Thai Bank... It took 10 working days to show up.  3 days later the next 4 week payment arrived on normal day

On 7/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, lungbing said:

Wasn't she Ros Altmann who was all in favour of expats getting the uprated pension, until the government of the day bought her off with elevation to the HoL?

If that, indeed, were the case, she would by no means have been the first politician making such utterances until they had had their ear bent by the incumbent DWP Sir Humphrey!

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

If your pension does stop you can telephone our department on +1912187777 and confirm your identity over the telephone and payments will be restarted immediately. 

But what your helpful contact conveniently omits to mention is that your call will, in all probability, not similarly be answered immediately, and that you will first have to endure the entire suite of Beethoven symphonies from start to finish (or irritating muzak of similar duration) before being able to speak with a real live human being!

What I personally find far more irritating than the cost of making such calls is the ages you're forced to spend twiddling your thumbs and unable to do SFA else as part of the whole process. But DWP are by no means the sole culpable party in that regard, of course.

• Love It 1