UK pension delay?

On 6/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, redwood1 said:

Is not 71 a little young to be checking who is dead....

I am 70 and have had about 5 of these POL certs since i was 65. The first was only a few months after i retired. They must think i am on death's door.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2023 at 11:32 AM, Guderian said:

Interesting, so where would I find a Thai Social Security Office in Pattaya to do this?

I do not know, Maybe can ask a Thai person or Mr Google . 

I do not know if your government has an agreement with Los   SSO . maybe they are ok with other government officials signature and stamp.

I do not live in  Pattaya. I live down South, Hat Yai 

6 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I do not know, Maybe can ask a Thai person or Mr Google . 

I do not know if your government has an agreement with Los   SSO . maybe they are ok with other government officials signature and stamp.

I do not live in  Pattaya. I live down South, Hat Yai 

I'm asking this because in less than a year I'll be getting a Dutch state pension, so will have to do the annual PoL thing for them. I've asked a number of people in Pattaya and nobody has been able to point me to a Thai SSO. When I use Google, I get directed to the SSO HQ in Nonthaburi, not to any local office that the public can use. Can you post a picture of what the SSO you use looks like in Hat Yai, that may help me identify one in Pattaya?

21 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

For those who wish to deny a witness stamp is required for Life Certificate from UK Pensions Office, the attached shows clearly I needed one!

You do not, "IF" they think your witness is OK, there is no problem....

A retired UK judge will not have a rubber stamp in his pocket.......????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

You do not, "IF" they think your witness is OK, there is no problem....

A retired UK judge will not have a rubber stamp in his pocket.......????

As a retired magistrate i did one for a mate of mine a few years back and obviously i did'nt have a rubber stamp, my mate had contacted them to check i could do it for him with no rubber stamp, they stated no problem and it was duly accepted. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'm asking this because in less than a year I'll be getting a Dutch state pension, so will have to do the annual PoL thing for them. I've asked a number of people in Pattaya and nobody has been able to point me to a Thai SSO. When I use Google, I get directed to the SSO HQ in Nonthaburi, not to any local office that the public can use. Can you post a picture of what the SSO you use looks like in Hat Yai, that may help me identify one in Pattaya?

image.png.7166b363fd9fcf2abc2033c8a3d953cd.png

I think for you the closest one is in Rayong  about a good 60 KLM from Pattaya

The other one is in Bang Sao Thong about  75 KLM from Pattaya,    

image.png.fb7b6bace7c22601cad8ec2f0851d4f7.png

image.png.3a9c26aa90221afe4174054339c5a926.png

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

image.png.7166b363fd9fcf2abc2033c8a3d953cd.png

I think for you the closest one is in Rayong  about a good 60 KLM from Pattaya

The other one is in Bang Sao Thong about  75 KLM from Pattaya,    

image.png.fb7b6bace7c22601cad8ec2f0851d4f7.png

image.png.3a9c26aa90221afe4174054339c5a926.png

Thanks. My Thai handyman was around this afternoon so I asked him. Apparently, it's a provincial thing rather than a city one. So the Pattaya SSO is actually in Chonburi City, there's not one in Pattaya itself. That explains why there's one in Phuket, Rayong and so on.

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Thanks. My Thai handyman was around this afternoon so I asked him. Apparently, it's a provincial thing rather than a city one. So the Pattaya SSO is actually in Chonburi City, there's not one in Pattaya itself. That explains why there's one in Phuket, Rayong and so on.

OK than,  you are good to go then so to speak. :smile:

17 hours ago, digger70 said:

OK than,  you are good to go then so to speak. :smile:

Yes, I know where to go now, but I'm hardly overjoyed at the prospect of a 140 km round-trip, plus grappling with yet more Thai paperwork and bureaucracy, for the sake of a 2K Euro pension.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Yes, I know where to go now, but I'm hardly overjoyed at the prospect of a 140 km round-trip, plus grappling with yet more Thai paperwork and bureaucracy, for the sake of a 2K Euro pension.

Yea I know the feeling ,Lucky for me it it only 30 km round trip .

Not much paperwork,Just fill in the form and Sign it then go to the SSO

It will be best if you have a Person ,a Thai speaker with you to explain everything If needed

SSO here isn't very good with the English Language and No Dutch. 

Takes about an Half our for us if they not to busy .

Signed, Stamped  ,,,Free, no charge,,,

Then send the form back to holland , Ours goes to SVB in Utrecht.

Good Luck. ????

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2023 at 5:35 PM, Calmer said:

I told my wife to bury me in the garden and not tell anyone. Maybe suggest Id gone missing after my 130th birthday.

You shouldn't give her ideas...   ????

• Sad 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Guderian said:

Interesting, so where would I find a Thai Social Security Office in Pattaya to do this?

Chonburi Provincial Social Security Office - Sriracha Branch

อาคารทะเลทองทาวเวอร์ ชั้น 2 เลขที่ 53 หมู่ 9 Sukhumvit Road, ตำบลทุ่งสุขลา Si Racha District, Chon Buri 20230, Tailandia

Talay Thong Tower, 2nd Floor, No. 53 Moo 9 Sukhumvit Road, Thung Sukla Subdistrict, Si Racha District, Chon Buri 20230, Tailandia

https://goo.gl/maps/7Gyc56KyNS2PYVUb7

Edited by Espanol
  • Thanks 1

My pension was reinstated on the 7th June, They confirmed by phone in march that they had received the form.

I have just sent them this e-mail, hopefully they can do something about it, though I doubt it.

Thanks for confirming that my pension is OK, but why did it take till the 7th June?

My friend posted it in the UK in early March 2023, I gave him the completed form, while he was on holiday in late February.

I received the form in very late February, even though it was posted on the 3rd of January.

This is very worrying, you are obviously using a bad postal service??? because many of my friends got the notice later than I and some not at all.

Surely in the 21st Century the DWP, can update their security. I have 2 other private pensions and Proof of Life with the  2 of them can be done electronically.

Have you thought of sending the blank forms via e-mail rather than by a totally inadequate Postal service, where forms are going missing in the post, how secure is that.

Thanks again for confirming that my pension is OK, there is no way I can live without this money.

The problem is that the DWP are relying on antiquated and bad insecure postal services in the 21st century.

You cannot send me confirmation of my state pension by e-mail because of security reasons, maybe it will be lost in the post.

Thanks,

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:07 PM, Guderian said:

The Pattaya SSO is in Laem Chabang. But how would a Thai SSO be able to help you?

23 hours ago, Espanol said:

Chonburi Provincial Social Security Office - Sriracha Branch

อาคารทะเลทองทาวเวอร์ ชั้น 2 เลขที่ 53 หมู่ 9 Sukhumvit Road, ตำบลทุ่งสุขลา Si Racha District, Chon Buri 20230, Tailandia

Talay Thong Tower, 2nd Floor, No. 53 Moo 9 Sukhumvit Road, Thung Sukla Subdistrict, Si Racha District, Chon Buri 20230, Tailandia

https://goo.gl/maps/7Gyc56KyNS2PYVUb7

Thanks, that's easier than Chon Buri, the GF lives in Laem Chabang so she'll know where it is.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, Andycoops said:

My last UK state pension did not arrive 2 weeks ago.

Upon contacting the international pension centre, they told me it was stopped because I hadn't returned the life certificate sent in February.

I never received it at my home address here in Thailand.

It was all sorted out on the phone with a email sent to me enclosing the life certificate.

My payment resumed a week later than it should have.

I airmailed the life certificate back a couple of days after I got it as I needed the witness statement signed.

Ironically the letter saying my payment was going to be stopped arrived a few days after my phone call to IPC, with another life certificate form attached.

It took nearly 6 weeks to arrive here.

That is exactly the same as my experience. One point; I used my wife's phone, and got though and did the "security" checks in under 4 Minutes for 135 Baht.

On 6/19/2023 at 1:34 PM, theoldgit said:

No they don’t.

I’ve signed numerous life certificates over the years, and friends and former colleagues have signed mine, clearly being retired none of us have official stamps, it’s never been questioned.

Some countersigners include their NI number, but l doubt even this is needed.

So, your friends are all doctors, dentists, lawyers, policemen or people of similar rank??   That's what's requested on the form, isn't it??

24 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

So, your friends are all doctors, dentists, lawyers, policemen or people of similar rank??   That's what's requested on the form, isn't it??

It  mock's the system that created it.

Just imagine a civil servant dreaming up a form like the life certificate.

Hardly ever been outside his home town.

Thinks the rest of the world operates similarly to his/her world and does a cut'n past job on signatories.

Not a thought about how to check the authenticity of anything outside the UK.

Assuming that postal services around the world are the same as in UK. (They have a list of safe postal service countries which includes Thailand).

Whilst having an exchange of emails with them, as soon as you suggest making a change from post to email for delivery of blank forms to you, they immediately send a separate email informing you that if you want a change you must put it in writing via post.

Brainless?..........Yes. Almost completely.

3 hours ago, Greenhill said:

Apart from dentists, yes they are, or retired Civil Servants like myself, and your point?

• Like 1

Had my state pension  stopped  without notice on 16 May. Chased DWP and they said they hadn't  received a Life Certificate. I said I  hadn't been notified  so they emailed  the form and I sent it back by EMS.  Finally my pension  was reinstated on 17 June with 2 payments. I think DWP has 'outsourced' the Life Certificate function to an EU country (Belgium?) which has failed.

Have kept a copy of the blank form and will send it in in April next year even if they don't ask for it! Costs 2000bht to get notarised and EMSd.

On 6/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, anchadian said:

Have you returned your complete Life Certificate or didn't you receive one?

I would give the IPC a call on : +44 (0) 191 218 7777.

I could  never get through  on this number but the DWP has a message facility under their  Pensions Abroad section  to which they respond  in 3days

On 6/17/2023 at 6:41 PM, Calmer said:

BTW, I noticed there are many 'professions' suggested for people to use to counter sign these 'life forms'. Which do most people use? I've tried bank managers, even police here with this kind of stuff before, and always ended up with expensive lawyers (2000 baht for a stamp and a tel. no.). Professions don't seem to like to do this kind of thing here. Haven't tried my dentist yet. Maybe ...

My dermatologist does it for free during a 'follow up' session'. A lawyer once charged me 10K!

• Haha 1