UK pension delay?

48 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

No there is no flaw in my logic, my post was describing what should happen, that’s why I advised that the local police are supposed to advise the relevant embassy, who in turn are supposed to advise the relevant department.
If one or more agency doesn’t process the relevant information as per their own processes that’s not a flaw in my logic.

I suspect that the embassy do not report the death of a British subject to pension providers and I do wonder whether they are mandated to do so, after all there are a lot of providers out there.

I'm basing this on the small number stories I've heard were the pension has continued to be paid for quite some after death. You're unlikely to here of them on this forum of course for the obvious reason that the recipient has died!

The DWP have in fact stated that they loose as much as 45 million pounds over 2 years and have proposed sending life certificates out every 2 years.

https://www.expatriatehealthcare.com/expat-pensioners-to-require-life-certificates-from-next-year/

Edited by Moonlover

35 minutes ago, mirage said:

I have had 2 POls 1 government and 1 private, both had to be emailed to me . I used the village head man to countersign both times they were accepted.

That's my route as well. I actually write Phu Yu Ban (Village Mayor) on the form. No problem.

16 hours ago, john smith said:

It is slightly expensive but I send my proof of life certificate via Thaipost  with tracking number. The mail goes to a central sorting address in the UK and  it is then farmed out to the appropriate department. Post has gone astray in the sorting office so when it is delivered there I screenshot the delivered notice which shows who signed for it.

Substantially cheaper than a courier and I thought reasonably priced. 

On 6/16/2023 at 2:20 PM, hotandsticky said:

This is not a delay - the payment has been stopped.

@archadian (above) has probably called it correctly.

The ops stated normally received 8th of June but got it June 16th,  this time.  That is a delayed. 

19 hours ago, theoldgit said:

No they don’t.

I’ve signed numerous life certificates over the years, and friends and former colleagues have signed mine, clearly being retired none of us have official stamps, it’s never been questioned.

Some countersigners include their NI number, but l doubt even this is needed.

True, my wife signs for a UK expat in the same village signs in Thai no stamp!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I have not received my pension since May. I emailed them on their Any Changes to Circumstances website and received a reply two days later informing me that they had not received my Proof of Life form. The last one I received was in 2020. They enclosed a PDF of the form, which I've returned. I'll just have to wait and see. I bet the problem of the op is the Proof of Life form. 

What is the email address for future reference if needed TIA

12 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Certificate probably went to an address they hold for you in the UK.

You do not get a Life Certificate if you are still 'living' at a UK address.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, digger70 said:

Signed and stamped at the Social Security Office in our City The Dutch Government has an agreement with the Thai SSO

Interesting, so where would I find a Thai Social Security Office in Pattaya to do this?

On 6/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Thailand Post strikes again".

Perhaps Royal Mail struck again, TP is generally very reliable unless you chose to live out in the sticks.

Ha Ha Ha

Considering Thailand is something like 90% "out in the sticks" that makes Thai post only reliable in 10% of Thailand

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Muhendis said:
On 6/18/2023 at 12:42 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Thailand Post strikes again".

Perhaps Royal Mail struck again, TP is generally very reliable unless you chose to live out in the sticks.

Ha Ha Ha

Considering Thailand is something like 90% "out in the sticks" that makes Thai post only reliable in 10% of Thailand

Ha ha ha. 

That would make sense if it was accurate in the context of where most people are located, particularly most foreigners.

18 minutes ago, bignok said:

65yo to 85yo would have the most deaths would it not?

I'm trying to buck that trend.

Once you're past 85 are you in the "safe zone"?

Edited by Muhendis

Hi OP if you have Skype use this number - 

+44 800 731 0341 

Totally free open 8am - 6pm UK times - I spoke to them yesterday & was informed by message that's there's a delay with the money coming from Citibank in the USA ??? But you Skype them at bang on 8 am UK time they can tell you if life cert required & email you a blank 1 - also from what I was told if they've requested a LC no payments will be sent to you after 14 weeks of the LC request bit once that's returned & accepted all payments including any back payments money owed will be paid 

Hope that's helpful 

Again, if your UK pension is delayed by several days (remember to take into account any US bank holidays whilst you payment travels through the system), call the IPC (preferably using SKYPE) and your payments will be reinstated, albeit 10 days later.  They will email you a duplicate LC for completion and give your 16 weeks to return a completed LC,

For your information, one of my other pensions is with L&G in the UK.  L&G sent me a secure message and requested security questions to prove that I was still in the land of living which I answered, to which I replied again by their secure messaging system.  The whole process took several minutes.

The International Pensions Centre please wake up.   

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Again, if your UK pension is delayed by several days (remember to take into account any US bank holidays whilst you payment travels through the system), call the IPC (preferably using SKYPE) and your payments will be reinstated, albeit 10 days later.  They will email you a duplicate LC for completion and give your 16 weeks to return a completed LC,

For your information, one of my other pensions is with L&G in the UK.  L&G sent me a secure message and requested security questions to prove that I was still in the land of living which I answered, to which I replied again by their secure messaging system.  The whole process took several minutes.

Thai holiday's delay payments by the number of Thai holiday days, unless a weekend is involved. 

5 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

What is the email address for future reference if needed TIA

I just replied to the email they sent me. Maybe just go to their 'Change of circumstances' site and use that. I did the first time..

For those who wish to deny a witness stamp is required for Life Certificate from UK Pensions Office, the attached shows clearly I needed one!

Edited by Pink Mist
Photo removed. Personal details need to be blacked out to avoid ID mismanagement

A post has been edited with personal information removed from the post.

Please redact any personal Information from documents shown before posting. This is for your security and identity protection.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Some pension providers don't seem to bother anything like as much as DWP and the Civil Service, my main pension providers. I have two smaller annuities with Canada Life and Royal London, and haven't had anything from them for several years, even P60s. I've not bothered too much, as they are fixed amounts, and as the tax rates haven't changed I've just used previous figures for my tax return. We don't get post deliveries more than once about every 4 or 5 months, so stuff just goes missing. I've not had either the DWP or the CSP Life Cert requests (which had been sent), dealt with those by phone and email. Those other annuities are still being paid, but I've sent them both an email requesting up-to-date P60s, and hope that will demonstrate to them that I'm still alive.

But I entirely agree with your last comment.