See You In 6 Months? Worried......

My mate went into immigration today to report back after applying for an extension on his Non immigrant B visa two weeks ago and was told by the official "see you in six months".

Does this mean that when he leaves the country in one week he will not be granted another tourist visa? If he applies for another Non Immigrant B visa will that be denied?

I am concerned as I am in the same boat as him - can anyone advise the best (and nearest) place to go to apply for a new non immigrant B visa and are other documents required apart from a letter of sponsership from a company here in thailand?

Given that I am a shareholder of a company set up here in Thailand one year ago does that hold any weight?

Thanks for any advice.

Worried.

My mate went into immigration today to report back after applying for an extension on his Non immigrant B visa two weeks ago and was told by the official "see you in six months".

sounds like you may have heard the officer wrong, should have been "see you in six weeks" for the one year extension of stay stamp.

what exactly is the expiration date of the stamp he just received?

if it is for six months from now, don't sweat it. he received an extension, it just was dated one year from his entry into thailand...show up again in six months and if all is well he will receive a one year extension of stay from that date.

Does this mean that when he leaves the country in one week he will not be granted another tourist visa? If he applies for another Non Immigrant B visa will that be denied?

i????? tourist visa ???????????

if he does in fact has an extension of stay and leaves without getting a re entry permit before leaving thailand, yes the extension will become invalid.

Huski reads the above differently than I so perhaps you can clarify.

I read your post to mean the extension was denied and we was in effect told to stay out of Thailand six months before trying again?

Huski reads the above differently than I so perhaps you can clarify.

I read your post to mean the extension was denied and we was in effect told to stay out of Thailand six months before trying again?

lopburi3, you are probably right

JJ

I did not understand your post.

Could you tell us the Citizenship we are discussing?

Then give ALL relevant dates from original arrival

to current leave by date..

The grounds of the extension application...

(e.g waiting for work permit?)

Thanks

Roger