House GOP ponders action against DOJ in defense of Trump

Social Media

40 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Lawyers Unable to Find Document Trump Discussed in Recorded Conversation

Prosecutors issued a subpoena for a description of military options for Iran mentioned by the former president during an interview. But Mr. Trump’s legal team said they could find no such document.

But Mr. Trump’s legal team has informed the Justice Department that it was unable to find any such records in his possession, the people said. It is unclear whether prosecutors have been able to track down the document themselves, leaving open the possibility that the material remains at large or that the famously blustery Mr. Trump incorrectly described it on the recording.   (my underline)

The subpoena, which was issued in March, sought any and all records pertaining to Gen. Mark A. Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and to Iran, including maps or invasion plans, according to the people familiar with the matter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/02/us/politics/classified-documents-trump-recording.html

From CNN:

Meadows’ autobiography includes an account of what appears to be the same meeting, during which Trump “recalls a four-page report typed up by (Trump’s former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff) Mark Milley himself. It contained the general’s own plan to attack Iran, deploying massive numbers of troops, something he urged President Trump to do more than once during his presidency.”

The document Trump references was not produced by Milley, CNN was told.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/31/politics/trump-tape-classified-document-iran-milley/index.html

Maybe it doesn't exist, or maybe Trump hid it and other documents somewhere his lawyers don't know about.

17 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Maybe it doesn't exist, or maybe Trump hid it and other documents somewhere his lawyers don't know about.

As linked to CNN above, Milley, the Senior Military Official" says he never wrote such a letter. From the indictment (click to enlarge)

image.png.601a54c6a3bd3c37cf16d8c13265e57d.png

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

As linked to CNN above, Milley, the Senior Military Official" says he never wrote such a letter. From the indictment (click to enlarge)

image.png.601a54c6a3bd3c37cf16d8c13265e57d.png

The assumption being, and probably correct, that "the Senior Military Official" is Milley.  However Trump may have credited Milley with any DoD documents that made it too the White House.  Has Milley definitively stated that no document of this type could have been written by someone else?

41 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The assumption being, and probably correct, that "the Senior Military Official" is Milley.  However Trump may have credited Milley with any DoD documents that made it too the White House.  Has Milley definitively stated that no document of this type could have been written by someone else?

Trump at 34. of the indictment says of the "Senior Military Official":

"This was him. This was the Defense Department and him."

As far as Milley saying someone else may have written the note of the DoD's plan to invade Iran in the final days of the Trump Administration, not that the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN, NBC News, CBS News, Fox News, Politico, The Hill, etc. have been made aware as far as I can note.

Edited by jerrymahoney

A reported Flame post which is inflammatory has been reported and removed as well as a reply to it and another post.  Posting these types of statements again and you will possibly face a posting suspension.  

How the right-wing lie and spin machine plans to annihilate anyone who dares to tell the truth

Little did she know that the very people whose behavior she was studying would use the power of government to try to destroy her work, funding, and even her personal life and reputation.

University of Washington disinformation researcher Kate Starbird learned the hard way: according to The Washington Post she’s been sued — along with multiple other disinformation-studying academics — by groups, sites, and people who are, in many cases, affiliated with some of the more prolific purveyors of disinformation on the web.

Meanwhile, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan is using the awesome power of the state to threaten disinformation researchers with jail if they don’t drop what they’re doing and submit to onerous subpoenas for correspondence and testimony.

https://www.rawstory.com/kate-starbird/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

It is obvious why the GOP have censured Adam Schiff in the House over the Russia probe.

He is very good at his job.

What I find is rather curious in the above video is that Durham states:

'I don't really read the newspapers or listen to the news, I don't know that. '      

Then in the video below he states:

'That's what I have read in the news' and then 'I know that I have read in the media'

So he must either only watch the news on muted TV and read the teletext or read online news for these two statement to be true.

I suggest he is just being disingenuous here and trying to be obfuscate the facts.

I found it surprising that someone that worked so long on the law enforcement side is making the exact same mistakes that rookie criminals make when talking to law enforcement. He is presenting contradicting stories.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I found it surprising that someone that worked so long on the law enforcement side is making the exact same mistakes that rookie criminals make when talking to law enforcement. He is presenting contradicting stories.

Compared to Mueller he achieved zero.

The republicans are getting so desperate they resort to attacking the messenger instead of examining what transpired accepting it rectifying it and moving on soon they will be destroying each other a sad state of affairs for a once great political party 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1